Nebraska Away/Road Uniforms - What is your preference?

The Duke

Preferred Away Uniforms  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was listening to the start of the game on the radio feed. Davison is not a fan of the all-whites. Then Sharp said NU had white jerseys and pants with CRIMSON trim. Hey Gary, it's SCARLET!!!

Good for Davison. :clap

Someone with some credibility inside that program needs to start beating the drum on this loud & clear. The red pants are our traditional away uniform. WE ARE NOT WISCONSIN!

Too bad we were wearing the all-whites, but I digress...

...even though I can't stand the all-white road uniform look, the overall record did improve today against Minnesota.

Nebraska is now 5-12 when wearing the all-white road uniforms.

Where is the threshold for this argument exactly? Is it like a certain percentage of the uniform being red?

So could we go white top with red numbers, and make the pants 50/50? Does that count for "Go Big Red"? What if we make the helmet stripe 50% more thick does that make it have enough red to qualify?

Come to think of it, why the hell are our helmets white!? There's only a tiny amount of red on the helmet :( this is frankly ridiculous, going to start chanting, "Go Big White Heads!"

Where is the threshold for this argument exactly?

I'm not afraid to give credit where credit is due. You actually do make a very valid point. The whole point in stating our record when wearing the all-whites was just a proof of fact...except for today's Minnesota game Nebraska had only won 4 other times when wearing the all-whites. There is a reason many in the fan base label them "the surrender whites."

But your point IS a good one. We could win however many road games and improve that record to 13-12, and then people can say "see the all-white road uniforms aren't that bad."

So to be fair to your point we probably shouldn't care less what Nebraska's record is when we wear the all-whites. What we should care about is the actual uniforms themselves and getting away from tradition (red pants).

I'm happy we won today against Minnesota, but I'm sorry when I turned on the TV we looked EXACTLY like Wisconsin.

If you want to know how upset Husker fans are getting with this all-white uniform gimmick, go read the direct replies to the NU Equipment staff after they unveiled that we would be wearing the all-whites for the Minnesota game. Husker fans & journalists who have been watching this team for years are becoming fed up with this, and so too are former players.

• 2 weeks later...