Nebraska Away/Road Uniforms - What is your preference?

The Duke

Preferred Away Uniforms  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think if the players want to wear them let them wear them.

Next week we play Wisconsin, we are at home and I believe we have to wear our road jerseys as part of the new rivalry(road team loses they wear road uniforms again until they win)

I don't think we'll do all whites next week, but we'll see.

I think that is for Wisconsin but if it isn't let me know cause I can't quite remember which team we do this with.

I've never heard of this before, the previous meetings result causing certain jerseys to be worn next game. Is this really a thing? Can't believe we would be forced into wearing road unis at home.

Shoot me. All whites 3 out of 5 road games.

Here's why we can't wear all white, for any of you slaves to fashion :unsure: :

The most common confusion about the rule which forbids people to wear white after Labor Day is what garments, exactly, are involved. Originally, the restriction applied only to white dress shoes and pumps, which are typically unsuitable for winter weather anyway. At some point, the rule was extended to white clothing, but it was in fact always acceptable to wear “winter white” clothing in cream and other off-white colors. Winter brides have also always been allowed to wear whatever they please.

There are several theories about the rule that governs people who wear white after Labor Day. The first and most sensible is that it reminded people not to wear summer weight clothing during the winter. It may be tempting to don a pair of light pumps in the crisp weather of early fall, but changing weather can make it an unwise decision. By not wearing white shoes after Labor Day, people can ensure that they don't end up with soiled, cold shoes. It is also conceivable that the rule was adopted as part of a larger movement to “educate” the nouveau riche. Older society families were concerned about the fashion etiquette of more recent additions, and established a complex code of fashion rules to guide them.

As you can see, all white uniforms would be a fashion disaster and a haute couture scandal if Nebraska played an Ivy League team or Boston College. If Nebraska actually wore the cream of "Scarlet and Cream" instead of white, they might be able to pull it off...but is it worth the gamble if it will elicit snide comments and raised eye brows?

Also, all man purses, gym bags and knapsacks would have to match any alternate uniform shoes. Never forget the importance of accessorizing when making that first impression while walking into the stadium. :laughpound

+1 :funnyhahah

This was great! :thumbs

:huh:

I don't get it. Because I prefer the all-whites lately in the majority of road games (in a poll question)?

Check the original post and it shows it's directional bias by comparing the all-whites with a picture of Wisconsin. <_<

If you say you LOVE ALL TRADITIONAL RED PANTS! then you get a high five from The Duke (OP) LOL

It's no secret I do prefer the traditional road uniforms over the all-whites.

I did not intentionally mean any directional bias or to sway the poll when comparing the all-whites with the picture of Wisconsin's road uniforms. It merely is just a fact that our road all-whites are quite in fact very similar, if not identical to Wisconsin's traditional road uniforms.

If you say that you are in favor of our traditional road uniforms of red pants, sure I would be happy that you agree with me and others who feel the same. However, I also enjoy reading others comments who like the all-whites. It's good to read and understand both sides. So if you like the all-white uniforms and make a clever or solid argument/opinion as to why we should stick with them I will be just as quick to praise or "high five" those comments as I would for someone who likes the traditional set up.

I just knew from the majority of Husker fans that I have spoken with, that they were getting tired of the all-white look, so I thought it would be interesting to see where Huskerboard stood on the matter. And obviously I wasn't the only one who wanted to know what was with the all-white uniform look, as Dirk Chatelain from the Omaha World Herald had an entire column on the subject in Friday's paper.

In the end I could really care less what the Cornhuskers come out of the tunnel wearing as long as we play tough, hard-nosed, physical, fundamental football for 4 quarters and come away with a victory. However our record does speak for itself, when wearing the all-whites Nebraska is 4-11.

• Fire 1

I will always, always, always prefer the red pants. That's one of those things I am very opinionated about.

I think our current jersey set with the thicker numbers is actually pretty nice. What I'd really like to see is to move the stripes all the way up the shoulder and the numbers underneath, like the ones they wore in the 70s.

Kind of similar to our practice jerseys over the last several years. That would be a nice look on game day.

635644409677690275-AP-NEBRASKA-SPRING-FO

Actually, in this case I'd eliminate the stripes..... then we've have a perfect modern facsimile of our early 80s uniforms, which were perhaps my favorite set, although that might have more to do with the players who were in them.

mike_rozier_1983_09_01.jpg

What really caught my eye was the old style turf shoes. There's a blast from the past. :corndance

My older brother and I both had a pair of those. It was like Christmas again the day we got 'em.

My dad ran the menswear & shoe department at Ben Simons in those days so he always got us into good shoes.

I don't get it. Because I prefer the all-whites lately in the majority of road games (in a poll question)?

Not aimed at you intentionally, just putting in some foolishness for a laugh. It used to be a big rule on the East Coast and the yacht type people about wearing white.

The U.S. Navy has even more convoluted rules on when to wear white uniforms and when not to do so, based on a combination of geography and/or time of year.

US_Navy_091002-N-3442D-001_Members_of_th

US_Navy_031023-N-2383B-012_Sailors_and_M

But just so you know, the Navy was wearing dress whites when they were attacked at Pearl Harbor. :(

So to recap, wearing all white isn't good for autumn soirees at Cape Cod, playing football as a Cornhusker, or defending the Fleet against air attack.

+1 Bowfin. Thank you for the clarification. Makes sense! And I did laugh originally :)

Shoot me. All whites 3 out of 5 road games.

Here's why we can't wear all white, for any of you slaves to fashion :unsure: :

The most common confusion about the rule which forbids people to wear white after Labor Day is what garments, exactly, are involved. Originally, the restriction applied only to white dress shoes and pumps, which are typically unsuitable for winter weather anyway. At some point, the rule was extended to white clothing, but it was in fact always acceptable to wear “winter white” clothing in cream and other off-white colors. Winter brides have also always been allowed to wear whatever they please.

There are several theories about the rule that governs people who wear white after Labor Day. The first and most sensible is that it reminded people not to wear summer weight clothing during the winter. It may be tempting to don a pair of light pumps in the crisp weather of early fall, but changing weather can make it an unwise decision. By not wearing white shoes after Labor Day, people can ensure that they don't end up with soiled, cold shoes. It is also conceivable that the rule was adopted as part of a larger movement to “educate” the nouveau riche. Older society families were concerned about the fashion etiquette of more recent additions, and established a complex code of fashion rules to guide them.

As you can see, all white uniforms would be a fashion disaster and a haute couture scandal if Nebraska played an Ivy League team or Boston College. If Nebraska actually wore the cream of "Scarlet and Cream" instead of white, they might be able to pull it off...but is it worth the gamble if it will elicit snide comments and raised eye brows?

Also, all man purses, gym bags and knapsacks would have to match any alternate uniform shoes. Never forget the importance of accessorizing when making that first impression while walking into the stadium. :laughpound

+1 :funnyhahah

This was great! :thumbs

:huh:

Check the original post and it shows it's directional bias by comparing the all-whites with a picture of Wisconsin. <_<

If you say you LOVE ALL TRADITIONAL RED PANTS! then you get a high five from The Duke (OP) LOL

It's no secret I do prefer the traditional road uniforms over the all-whites.

I did not intentionally mean any directional bias or to sway the poll when comparing the all-whites with the picture of Wisconsin's road uniforms. It merely is just a fact that our road all-whites are quite in fact very similar, if not identical to Wisconsin's traditional road uniforms.

If you say that you are in favor of our traditional road uniforms of red pants, sure I would be happy that you agree with me and others who feel the same. However, I also enjoy reading others comments who like the all-whites. It's good to read and understand both sides. So if you like the all-white uniforms and make a clever or solid argument/opinion as to why we should stick with them I will be just as quick to praise or "high five" those comments as I would for someone who likes the traditional set up.

I just knew from the majority of Husker fans that I have spoken with, that they were getting tired of the all-white look, so I thought it would be interesting to see where Huskerboard stood on the matter. And obviously I wasn't the only one who wanted to know what was with the all-white uniform look, as Dirk Chatelain from the Omaha World Herald had an entire column on the subject in Friday's paper.

In the end I could really care less what the Cornhuskers come out of the tunnel wearing as long as we play tough, hard-nosed, physical, fundamental football for 4 quarters and come away with a victory. However our record does speak for itself, when wearing the all-whites Nebraska is 4-11.

+1 No harm No foul Duke, I gotcha. I'm the same way about the hard nosed, physical fundamental game. I've always liked our red but lately (past few seasons only) I've enjoyed the all-whites more than I could have ever imagined. Hard to explain. Glad the players prefer them at the moment.

• Fire 1

+1 No harm No foul Duke, I gotcha. I'm the same way about the hard nosed, physical fundamental game. I've always liked our red but lately (past few seasons only) I've enjoyed the all-whites more than I could have ever imagined. Hard to explain. Glad the players prefer them at the moment.

Good to hear admo. :cheers

I'll admit I actually did like the all-whites during the night game last year against Fresno State.

After the 13-14 loss to Illinois:

Nebraska's record when wearing all-white road uniforms now stands at 4-12

Just a reminder of Tommy Armstrong's comments this week before the Illinois game:

"I think it's just a little swag to our team now," Armstrong says. "After wearing it for the first time a couple years ago when I was a young cat here, kinda the all-black we're wearing (against Northwestern), it's like a fashion thing for the team now. I don't think people like the red pants with the white sock, white cleats and white leggings on. It looks kinda weird, because you've got a white helmet."

• 2 weeks later...