Nebraska Away/Road Uniforms - What is your preference?

The Duke

Preferred Away Uniforms  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will always, always, always prefer the red pants. That's one of those things I am very opinionated about.

I think our current jersey set with the thicker numbers is actually pretty nice. What I'd really like to see is to move the stripes all the way up the shoulder and the numbers underneath, like the ones they wore in the 70s.

• Fire 3

I will always, always, always prefer the red pants. That's one of those things I am very opinionated about.

I think our current jersey set with the thicker numbers is actually pretty nice. What I'd really like to see is to move the stripes all the way up the shoulder and the numbers underneath, like the ones they wore in the 70s.

Kind of similar to our practice jerseys over the last several years. That would be a nice look on game day.

635644409677690275-AP-NEBRASKA-SPRING-FO

Trying to find our "modern" record in all whites. Found this by Mav plus adding the last couple seasons:

1990 Citrus Bowl, all-white vs Georgia Tech. 45-21 GT 0-1

1992 Nebraska decides to wear all-white on the road. Loses to Washington 29-14 0-2

1992 vs Missouri, all-white in a 34-24 win. 434 yards passing by a 3-8 Mizzou team. 1-2

1992 Probably the best example of the all-white hex, 19-10 loss to 4-7 Iowa St. 1-3

2002 All-white road uni's...lost to Iowa State 36-14 1-4

2002 all-white, 1st loss to Oklahoma State in over 40 years. 1-5

2002 2nd biggest comeback in school history over Texas A&M. 2-5

2002 all-whites, K-State bludgeons the Huskers 49-13. 2-6

2002 Independence Bowl vs Eli Manning & Ole Miss. 27-23 loss. 2-7

2007 Nebraska goes all-white in Bill Callahan's last game 65-51 Colorado win. 2-8

These are (I think) the only games since 2007 in white???

2014 Fresno in the heat. NU wins 55-19 3-8

2014 Northwestern against their all black alternates. 38-17 Huskers 4-8

2014 Wisconsin. 408. 4-9

2014 USC in the Holiday Bowl shootout. 45-42 Trojans 4-10

2015 Miami comeback falls short. 36-33 Canes 4-11

There's a reason they're called "surrender whites." They look fine when we win I guess, but c'mon: 4-11? The whites look ok, but I'm not a fan of the two red stripes down the leg- that part doesn't "look" like Nebraska to me.

All that said, winning makes any uniform stylish.

Red pants because literally every team in college football can wear all whites if they want.

People used to recognize us by the unmistakable beating we put on our opponents. :D

Double red stripes down the leg don't look "Nebraska?"

Huh?

They've been using a version of that since the Devaney era, iirc.

Trying to find our "modern" record in all whites. Found this by Mav plus adding the last couple seasons:

1992 Nebraska decides to wear all-white on the road. Loses to Washington 29-14 0-2

1992 vs Missouri, all-white in a 34-24 win. 434 yards passing by a 3-8 Mizzou team. 1-2

1992 Probably the best example of the all-white hex, 19-10 loss to 4-7 Iowa St. 1-3

2007 Nebraska goes all-white in Bill Callahan's last game 65-51 Colorado win. 2-8

2014 Wisconsin. 408. 4-9

There's a reason they're called "surrender whites." They look fine when we win I guess, but c'mon: 4-11? The whites look ok, but I'm not a fan of the two red stripes down the leg- that part doesn't "look" like Nebraska to me.

Red pants because literally every team in college football can wear all whites if they want.

People used to recognize us by the unmistakable beating we put on our opponents. :D

Huh?

When paired with a red jersey it looks fine. With all whites, it becomes the key feature of the uniform. I don't like it in that case, because the Nebraska look isn't all white with two big red stripes. That's my opinion.

Anyway, the people who are hitting the weight room, studying the playbook, practicing, and laying it out there on the field are the ones who need to be happy with the uniforms. I happily defer to them.

2014 Wisconsin. 408. 4-9

Huh?

When paired with a red jersey it looks fine. With all whites, it becomes the key feature of the uniform. I don't like it in that case, because the Nebraska look isn't all white with two big red stripes. That's my opinion.

Anyway, the people who are hitting the weight room, studying the playbook, practicing, and laying it out there on the field are the ones who need to be happy with the uniforms. I happily defer to them.

Right on.

I prefer the 2001 uniform the best.

To each his own.

Kind of similar to our practice jerseys over the last several years. That would be a nice look on game day.

Actually, in this case I'd eliminate the stripes..... then we've have a perfect modern facsimile of our early 80s uniforms, which were perhaps my favorite set, although that might have more to do with the players who were in them.

mike_rozier_1983_09_01.jpg

Shoot me. All whites 3 out of 5 road games. White and red cleats look awful except with all white uniforms. Give me the black cleats to go with red pants like when Ahman Green & Scott Frost lit up Missouri (I mean, Davison's miracle catch). Although they didn't have double piping, I do prefer the white stripes :band (not a band reference either)

Always need to wear red pants when playing Iowa, Penn State, Alabama, OU, and all teams that have natural grass fields.

Shoot me. All whites 3 out of 5 road games.

Here's why we can't wear all white, for any of you slaves to fashion :unsure: :

The most common confusion about the rule which forbids people to wear white after Labor Day is what garments, exactly, are involved. Originally, the restriction applied only to white dress shoes and pumps, which are typically unsuitable for winter weather anyway. At some point, the rule was extended to white clothing, but it was in fact always acceptable to wear “winter white” clothing in cream and other off-white colors. Winter brides have also always been allowed to wear whatever they please.

There are several theories about the rule that governs people who wear white after Labor Day. The first and most sensible is that it reminded people not to wear summer weight clothing during the winter. It may be tempting to don a pair of light pumps in the crisp weather of early fall, but changing weather can make it an unwise decision. By not wearing white shoes after Labor Day, people can ensure that they don't end up with soiled, cold shoes. It is also conceivable that the rule was adopted as part of a larger movement to “educate” the nouveau riche. Older society families were concerned about the fashion etiquette of more recent additions, and established a complex code of fashion rules to guide them.

As you can see, all white uniforms would be a fashion disaster and a haute couture scandal if Nebraska played an Ivy League team or Boston College. If Nebraska actually wore the cream of "Scarlet and Cream" instead of white, they might be able to pull it off...but is it worth the gamble if it will elicit snide comments and raised eye brows?

Also, all man purses, gym bags and knapsacks would have to match any alternate uniform shoes. Never forget the importance of accessorizing when making that first impression while walking into the stadium. :laughpound

• Fire 2

The most common confusion about the rule which forbids people to wear white after Labor Day is what garments, exactly, are involved. Originally, the restriction applied only to white dress shoes and pumps, which are typically unsuitable for winter weather anyway. At some point, the rule was extended to white clothing, but it was in fact always acceptable to wear “winter white” clothing in cream and other off-white colors. Winter brides have also always been allowed to wear whatever they please.

There are several theories about the rule that governs people who wear white after Labor Day. The first and most sensible is that it reminded people not to wear summer weight clothing during the winter. It may be tempting to don a pair of light pumps in the crisp weather of early fall, but changing weather can make it an unwise decision. By not wearing white shoes after Labor Day, people can ensure that they don't end up with soiled, cold shoes. It is also conceivable that the rule was adopted as part of a larger movement to “educate” the nouveau riche. Older society families were concerned about the fashion etiquette of more recent additions, and established a complex code of fashion rules to guide them.

As you can see, all white uniforms would be a fashion disaster and a haute couture scandal if Nebraska played an Ivy League team or Boston College. If Nebraska actually wore the cream of "Scarlet and Cream" instead of white, they might be able to pull it off...but is it worth the gamble if it will elicit snide comments and raised eye brows?

Also, all man purses, gym bags and knapsacks would have to match any alternate uniform shoes. Never forget the importance of accessorizing when making that first impression while walking into the stadium. :laughpound

giphy.gif

+1

• Fire 1

Actually, in this case I'd eliminate the stripes..... then we've have a perfect modern facsimile of our early 80s uniforms, which were perhaps my favorite set, although that might have more to do with the players who were in them.

Yep. That look would never get old to me.

GBR!!!

+1 :funnyhahah

This was great! :thumbs