Coaching Rankings

This topic is fair (I think the rankings are totally wrong) but at the start of the year we used all of these "rankings" that people found talking about how great Riley and his staff were, most underrated staff, staff you would want your kid playing for, best staff with the least amount of resources. We had a lot of posts and links about those rankings.

This is totally fair, again, it is totally not accurate in my mind but it is a fair topic.

Would you care to link me to at least a couple of each of those examples you list.

If there were "a lot of posts and links about those rankings", then a couple examples of each should be fairly easy. I'd just like to read up on that a bit.

I'm especially interested in the ones where this staff was called "the most underrated staff" and " the best staff with the least amount of resources". I hadn't heard either of those arguments before now.

Are you willfully ignoring the postings on the board for most of last spring and throughout the summer? Not to mention you were probably one of the chief perpetrators of admiring the staff.

I don't know how often it was claimed that the board said that they were the 'most' underrated or that they did the 'best' with the least amount of resources. But don't kid yourself if you think the the general sentiment of the board wasn't that the staff was vastly underrated or that they were one of the best with doing more with less than other programs. Teachercd was hyperbolic to make a point.

• Fire 2

This topic is fair (I think the rankings are totally wrong) but at the start of the year we used all of these "rankings" that people found talking about how great Riley and his staff were, most underrated staff, staff you would want your kid playing for, best staff with the least amount of resources. We had a lot of posts and links about those rankings.

This is totally fair, again, it is totally not accurate in my mind but it is a fair topic.

IMO, Riley was hired because of one thing you listed: "best staff with the least amount of resources". I know most fans don't want or like to believe this, but Nebraska just isn't a hotbed for recruiting. It was going to take someone cut from the same cloth as Bill Snyder to revive this program. We can more than likely expect top 25-30 recruiting classes, but top 15 classes are going to be few and far between.

We just fired a pretty good coach who couldn't recruit the players he needed to run his schemes. Before him, we fired a coach who could recruit pretty decent but couldn't coach a lick. Riley was hired to slightly improve the recruiting all the while coaching them better. I really like the hiring of Riley as I've followed him at Oregon State for several years. However, this isn't going to extrapolate to immediate success.

If Riley was cut from the cloth of Bill Snyder, we would win a national championship this year. When Snyder took over, KSU was way worse than OSU ever was at their lowest point. And Riley actually took over for his 2nd stint at OSU at their high point.

List all the National Championship trophy's uncle bill has in his trophy case at KSU Not likely to ever happen at KSU or OSU.

IMO, Riley was hired because of one thing you listed: "best staff with the least amount of resources". I know most fans don't want or like to believe this, but Nebraska just isn't a hotbed for recruiting. It was going to take someone cut from the same cloth as Bill Snyder to revive this program. We can more than likely expect top 25-30 recruiting classes, but top 15 classes are going to be few and far between.

We just fired a pretty good coach who couldn't recruit the players he needed to run his schemes. Before him, we fired a coach who could recruit pretty decent but couldn't coach a lick. Riley was hired to slightly improve the recruiting all the while coaching them better. I really like the hiring of Riley as I've followed him at Oregon State for several years. However, this isn't going to extrapolate to immediate success.

If Riley was cut from the cloth of Bill Snyder, we would win a national championship this year. When Snyder took over, KSU was way worse than OSU ever was at their lowest point. And Riley actually took over for his 2nd stint at OSU at their high point.

List all the National Championship trophy's uncle bill has in his trophy case at KSU Not likely to ever happen at KSU or OSU.

Snyder coached at KSU. How many would he have had if he came to Nebraska? Try to read what you respond to more carefully, Mr. 408.

Snyder coached at KSU. How many would he have had if he came to Nebraska? Try to read what you respond to more carefully, Mr. 408.

I don't know, how many would he have had?

i know...let's all piss in each others cheerios until mike either wins or gets fired. oh...that suggestion has already taken hold.. carry on.

Let's all cover our ears and eyes and pretend everything is fine.

it takes time to build a house.....we start with the foundation and build up from there. it's not time to bitch about the color of the carpet yet when the framework is still being built.

• Fire 1

That's a great question. How many NCs would Bob Stoops have had $ Byrne got his way and made Stoops our coach instead of Solich? How many would we have won had TO went to CU rather than stick around?

ooh, ooh, ooh, I know, I know! LOL

Moms-blog-hands-raised-300x161.jpg

Would you care to link me to at least a couple of each of those examples you list.

If there were "a lot of posts and links about those rankings", then a couple examples of each should be fairly easy. I'd just like to read up on that a bit.

I'm especially interested in the ones where this staff was called "the most underrated staff" and " the best staff with the least amount of resources". I hadn't heard either of those arguments before now.

Are you willfully ignoring the postings on the board for most of last spring and throughout the summer? Not to mention you were probably one of the chief perpetrators of admiring the staff.

I don't know how often it was claimed that the board said that they were the 'most' underrated or that they did the 'best' with the least amount of resources. But don't kid yourself if you think the the general sentiment of the board wasn't that the staff was vastly underrated or that they were one of the best with doing more with less than other programs. Teachercd was hyperbolic to make a point.

The selective memory of some is really quite the sight. I'm not sure if people just talk out of their back sides and don't remember, or if they are just being b dishonest.

i know...let's all piss in each others cheerios until mike either wins or gets fired. oh...that suggestion has already taken hold.. carry on.

Let's all cover our ears and eyes and pretend everything is fine.

it takes time to build a house.....we start with the foundation and build up from there. it's not time to bitch about the color of the carpet yet when the framework is still being built.

Lol, this isn't a building job. This is more like replacing the front door, adding some new Window treatments, and adding a fresh coat of paint.

The hyperbole is cute, though.

• Fire 1