Coaching Rankings

Don't you know the rule of Huskerboard? Don't post things that aren't promoting sunshine and roses. You'll get flamed and you'll by asked why you made a thread about it.

Personally, I think the thread is useful because it warrants discussion as much as any other topic. Husker fans need a dose of reality, we need to see just how poorly we're perceived outside of the state. The staff hasn't performed well enough on the field or recruiting trail to be ranked higher than those analysts suggest.

• Fire 1

Don't you know the rule of Huskerboard? Don't post things that aren't promoting sunshine and roses. You'll get flamed and you'll by asked why you made a thread about it.

Personally, I think the thread is useful because it warrants discussion as much as any other topic. Husker fans need a dose of reality, we need to see just how poorly we're perceived outside of the state. The staff hasn't performed well enough on the field or recruiting trail to be ranked higher than those analysts suggest.

This staff held together a recruiting class that was put together by the previous staff pretty well.

They haven't even had a chance to recruit their own full class yet and you are ripping on their recruiting abilities. SMH

This topic is fair (I think the rankings are totally wrong) but at the start of the year we used all of these "rankings" that people found talking about how great Riley and his staff were, most underrated staff, staff you would want your kid playing for, best staff with the least amount of resources. We had a lot of posts and links about those rankings.

This is totally fair, again, it is totally not accurate in my mind but it is a fair topic.

Here is where our coaching staff is ranked by national pundits:

Phil Steele - 11/14 in the BIG

Sporting News - 7 in the BIG, 46 nationally

Athlon - 40th

Fox Sports - not in top 25

CBSports - 48/66 in just the "power 5"

I didn't look at all the websites and find out, but how does a coach go from being 27th ranked in '14 to 40th ranked in '15, after changing to a better school with better resources? I guess coming to Nebraska will do that to a coach. . . sigh. Link.

Athlon - 40th

I didn't look at all the websites and find out, but how does a coach go from being 27th ranked in '14 to 40th ranked in '15, after changing to a better school with better resources? I guess coming to Nebraska will do that to a coach. . . sigh. Link.

How? Simple. Overreaction to the results of the first 4 games of a transition year. It is understandable tho. The main positive that has been proven by them is the improvement of Tommy and the passing game. The rest is speculation at this point.

Athlon - 40th

How? Simple. Overreaction to the results of the first 4 games of a transition year. It is understandable tho. The main positive that has been proven by them is the improvement of Tommy and the passing game. The rest is speculation at this point.

The athlon rankings were made before the season started. They didn't have the opportunity to watch us play, probably a good thing because Riley might be ranked even lower considering.

• Fire 1

This topic is fair (I think the rankings are totally wrong) but at the start of the year we used all of these "rankings" that people found talking about how great Riley and his staff were, most underrated staff, staff you would want your kid playing for, best staff with the least amount of resources. We had a lot of posts and links about those rankings.

This is totally fair, again, it is totally not accurate in my mind but it is a fair topic.

Would you care to link me to at least a couple of each of those examples you list.

If there were "a lot of posts and links about those rankings", then a couple examples of each should be fairly easy. I'd just like to read up on that a bit.

I'm especially interested in the ones where this staff was called "the most underrated staff" and " the best staff with the least amount of resources". I hadn't heard either of those arguments before now.