And people wonder why the US is so divided

Yeah let's disarm our nation...our founding fathers would support it right?

The time has come for it to be repealed or seriously amended. When that amendment was written they had muskets and flintlocks for chrissakes. The founding father's had no way of looking into the future. Gun violence and the death's that have resulted because of it isn't going to stop anytime soon. Times have changed for the worse.

The ignorance of the gun nutters is astounding. You people went through the same education system I did. How is it that you're so stupid?

Serious question.

You mean the extreme leftist, indoctrination education system that is prevalent in the US and other Western countries? Yes, guilty as charged. Thankfully, I've been able to sift through the nonsense and come to my own conclusions i.e. not submit to the narrative or what the ruling "elite" tells me to do or how to think.

The ignorance of the gun nutters is astounding. You people went through the same education system I did. How is it that you're so stupid?

Serious question.

You mean the extreme leftist, indoctrination education system that is prevalent in the US and other Western countries? Yes, guilty as charged. Thankfully, I've been able to sift through the nonsense and come to my own conclusions i.e. not submit to the narrative or what the ruling "elite" tells me to do or how to think.

And while you've sat stewing in that ignorance, thousands of Americans have been gunned down.

Kudos on your enlightenment. Maybe someday you can spread your wisdom to those other "elitest" countries where citizens aren't killed in the thousands by guns, and they can also bask in the radiance of their slain children.

• Fire 1

Yeah let's disarm our nation...our founding fathers would support it right?

The time has come for it to be repealed or seriously amended. When that amendment was written they had muskets and flintlocks for chrissakes. The founding father's had no way of looking into the future. Gun violence and the death's that result isn't going to stop anytime soon. Times have changed for the worse.

What if local and state governments (who oversee most public higher education institutions) "seriously amended" the bans on guns on university campuses (where many of the mass shootings in question have taken place)? It's interesting how many of the college campus shootings take place in gun-free zones.

This is why I miss the homeland...

Paterson NJ, where the hood rats are offing themselves in droves, nobody cares about it, and NJ has ridiculous gun control laws.

Belle Fourche SD, where you can buy a rifle with your drivers license, if you shoot at somebody, chances are you'll get shot back at...

Now, this makes me wonder, is it the gun laws, the people, or both?

America seriously needs to educate the rest of the world. I mean, the correct and sane among us know that it's perfectly normal and OK for thousands of its citizens to be killed every year. Other first-world nations apparently are too stupid to grasp the normalcy of this. Far, FAR too many Germans, French, English, Australian, Dutch, Swiss, etc etc etc people live to senility because their countries DO NOT GET that all those people should be killed.

What can America do to free our fellow humans of the tyranny of not being murdered in their classrooms? Why haven't they understood that this is the best way to live? Why would they not have guns in the millions in their countries?

Serious question.

And while you've sat stewing in that ignorance, thousands of Americans have been gunned down.

Kudos on your enlightenment. Maybe someday you can spread your wisdom to those other "elitest" countries where citizens aren't killed in the thousands by guns, and they can also bask in the radiance of their slain children.

Did you read the research article I just posted that comes from the lefts favorite elitist institute...Harvard. The study shows that those countries with higher gun control laws have MORE gun crime. This was an empirical-based research study recently published.

Serious question.

Please. The shaming tactics don't work.

Instead you see some of your gun- free Nordic paradises that have the highest rape rates (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics#/media/File:Rape_rate_per_100,000_-_country_comparison_-_United_Nations_2012.png) and incidences of government seizing of private property (http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6583/germany-migrants-housing). Would these incidents occur if there was the threat of people packing? I honestly don't think so.

Yes, these situations are tragic, but to ignore a. the false flags in place b. the obvious link to mental illness, and to knee-jerk "get rid of tha gunzzz!!" is not responsible or rational.

And thanks for the kudos, whether genuine or not. It is nice to be able to see through the propaganda and narrative.

Serious question.

Did you read the research article I just posted that comes from the lefts favorite elitist institute...Harvard. The study shows that those countries with higher gun control laws have MORE gun crime. This was an empirical-based research study recently published.

Seriously, stop ignoring the facts. Page 661 of this Harvard study states this, which directly refutes your own personal research based upon I'm not sure what.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Startling as the foregoing may seem, it represents the cross‐ national norm, not some bizarre departure from it. If the man‐ tra “more guns equal more death and fewer guns equal less death” were true, broad based cross‐national comparisons should show that nations with higher gun ownership per cap‐ ita consistently have more death. Nations with higher gun ownership rates, however, do not have higher murder or sui‐ cide rates than those with lower gun ownership. Indeed many high gun ownership nations have much lower murder rates.

I would like to think most people would agree it would be appropriate to do . . . something. Whatever that something is remains a mystery and is seldom discussed with any sense of practicality. Usually just partisan cat fighting.

Congress gets a lot of guff, but I think they're very representative of the people.

• Fire 1

I would like to think most people would agree it would be appropriate to do . . . something. Whatever that something is remains a mystery and is seldom discussed with any sense of practicality. Usually just partisan cat fighting.

Congress gets a lot of guff, but I think they're very representative of the people.

I think you're definitely correct that there needs to be some kind of action. But to simply capitulate to the ruling elite ("we don't want the common man to have guns") is irresponsible and we can see evidence of unarmed populations in other countries. As others have noted, mental illness plays a factor and by some accounts, the US has the greatest incidences of mental illness in the world (which could explain the problem to an extent). Focus on helping the individuals who need help, not on disarming lawful citizens.

Umm, that's a short article in 2013 that does not show its methodology or empirical analysis, and leaves out TWO Key items.

1. What percent of the guns referenced in these data points were used ILLEGALLY. This is an important point. Just as laws banning draws does not mean addicts seeking drugs will not find a way to illegally acquire them, the same can be said for guns.

2. What percent of deaths referenced are a result of gang on gang violence. Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, as well as some of the highest gun killings in the US.

^^^

That is actually a very interesting and telling figure, Knapp. From my initial observation, it appears as though the countries on the lower end of the spectrum are majority Caucasian or Asian populations (Chile obviously is the exception). Do you think that there could be some kind of racial bias to these numbers?