Do we make it to a bowl game this year?

KC Sker

I'm in agreement with you guys. I had this, Purdue, and Rutgers as winnable games. Best case was pulling of an "upset" of Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, just to get to 6. Northwestern's defense against this offense could be ugly. NW held Stanford to 6 points, look how many Stanford has put up since then.

After the hire I posted that coaching changes usually result in a not so good record first year. Several members here emphatically stated that I was wrong and 10 wins should be expected based on the schedule. Where are those guys now?

Oh, they are in Florida, undefeated and just beat the #3 team in the nation who smacked Bama last week.

Florida, a team who went 5-7 last year, couldn't play offense...scored 38 on those crazy "Land Sharks".

You hire the right guy, he improves from the year before, not regress. Even Pelini was able to do that. I hate Bo, and have for a long time, but dang this hire was stupid. I was stupid enough to buy in.

I'm in agreement with you guys. I had this, Purdue, and Rutgers as winnable games. Best case was pulling of an "upset" of Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, just to get to 6. Northwestern's defense against this offense could be ugly. NW held Stanford to 6 points, look how many Stanford has put up since then.

and Minnesota too. NW 27, Minny zip

0W and 5L in October? 2 games at home, 3 games at Minneapolis and W.Lafayette

and Minnesota too. NW 27, Minny zip

0W and 5L in October? 2 games at home, 3 games at Minneapolis and W.Lafayette

Yep, looks like we roll into Purdue on Halloween trying to avoid an 0-fer-October.

We have the talent level of your Illinois, Iowa, Minnesotas of the world. This was true last year, it's true this year. Possibly more so -- the talent and depth level of the team is lower now than in 2014.

We also have a coaching staff that looks more disaster than savior at this point.

Gulp. If things don't turn around, we're going to find ourselves in a Charlie Strong situation. I don't think Strong is a bad coach either, or that he inherited a great situation (despite the "talent" you'd expect Texas to have on their roster). But the results have not been good for him, and it has surely been an ugly and unpleasant few years for Texas fans.

Hope to goodness that doesn't happen here.