Riley Sucks, Who Do We Steal?

If you want option football back...hire Troy Calhoun

doesnt he also do "more with less?"

Yes he does due to the height, weight, and recruiting limitations of coaching at Air Force.

He runs option from the I-Formation, Flexbone (Double Wing), Shotgun. But the great thing is, his offense is not purely option football. They also run the ISO, toss sweep, zone plays, etc.

And summer hours they are allowed, along with practice hours in a week...He completely over achieves there. He's the guy we should have but there are others I would be fine with.

Eichorst needs to be jettisoned before we can can Riley...but that needs to happen, as it's painfully obvious now that Eichorst has no clue how to manage a big time football program (see his missteps at Miami and here).

I would be good with a Scott Frost hire...with the caveat that he brings on a seasoned DC and staff that has a history of success. Venerables would be a good one to steal for DC, if we could.

Oh, and if Scott Frost hires Marvin Sanders. ;)

• Fire 2

Richt is a class act and an ace recruiter. Knows what it takes to compete against elite SEC talent. Not to mention he's a Nebraska boy. Might be looking for a change to get out of the grind of the SEC.

Like him or not, Tressel has proven himself as a top coach and recruiter as well. He's won a national title. And he's available.

I'm fine w/ Chip Kelly as well. We need someone BIG TIME to attract attention and get this team turned around.

If you want another scrub, fine. You'll get the same results.

My top two are Mark Richt and Jim Tressel.

F no.

Richt? Good lord...why does his name keep coming up. Tressel, no. F that.

Richt comes up because he has ties to Omaha via family, is a self-admitted Nebraska fan, and has been successful in the SEC. And frankly, the bar for success is lower in the B1G than the SEC right now, especially the B1G West.

I frankly wouldn't mind Richt, as long as we know we have a quality DC hire coming with him, and he's not just loading up on buddies.

Liking many of the names that have been mentioned so far.

I believe an emphasis on the running game and power is vital and intrinsic to Nebraska football.

However, I also believe an offense that features a quarterback with mobility (not necessarily a 'pure' runner or 'option' qb, but one who can pick up yards with his legs and needs to be accounted for as a runner) is more suitable and preferable (for us) to the 'pocket' style quarterback that has been more heavily featured by current/recent known 'power' offenses such as Stanford, Wisconsin, Michigan (with Harbaugh), Arkansas (with Bielema), etc.

With that being said, we really, really need a mean, nasty, dirty, ugly, and vicious defense regardless of who is coaching us or what style of offense we run.

• Fire 2

Yes he does due to the height, weight, and recruiting limitations of coaching at Air Force.

He runs option from the I-Formation, Flexbone (Double Wing), Shotgun. But the great thing is, his offense is not purely option football. They also run the ISO, toss sweep, zone plays, etc.

And summer hours they are allowed, along with practice hours in a week...He completely over achieves there. He's the guy we should have but there are others I would be fine with.

I like the football played by Air Force. My only concern is recruiting. Does AF even recruit? I doubt they have to deal with many character issues either.

I like the football played by Air Force. My only concern is recruiting. Does AF even recruit? I doubt they have to deal with many character issues either.

You just need to hire assistants that are great recruiters.