Riley Sucks, Who Do We Steal?

Troy Calhoun.

Tom Herman.

Scott Frost.

Chip Kelly.

Justin Fuente.

Probably in that order

Hire a DC that is good. Bud Foster at VaTech? Venables? Northwestern's DC? I don't even care, I just want to play a brand of football that suits NU.

Lance Leipold was my choice before Riley. He is starting out bad at Buffalo but I think he is definitely a top coach.

Can I ask why? I know nothing about this guy...

Anything and anyone that brings back:

1. Smash-mouth, power football
  2. Good fundamentals
  3. Clock management
  4. Player Development
  5. And yes.......OPTION FOOTBALL!

I'm pretty sure you and I are on the same page. The only answer, in terms of scheme and style of football for what everyone wants to see, is Troy Calhoun.

I'm probably going to say his name 1000 times this week, and 100000 times this season.

Coach Power'T you & I are exactly on the same page. :cheers

Cheers

Troy Calhoun.

Tom Herman.

Scott Frost.

Chip Kelly.

Justin Fuente.

Probably in that order

Hire a DC that is good. Bud Foster at VaTech? Venables? Northwestern's DC? I don't even care, I just want to play a brand of football that suits NU.

Lance Leipold was my choice before Riley. He is starting out bad at Buffalo but I think he is definitely a top coach.

Can I ask why? I know nothing about this guy...

He led Wisconsin-Whitewater to 6 national titles in 8 years in DIII ball. He was a GA for Wisconsin and was on the Husker staff from 01-03. He had a record of 108-6 while at Wisconsin-Whitewater. I just think he is a hell of a coach.

• Fire 1

Yes, let's fire a coach five games into his tenure. If I recall correctly Bo started out 3-3 in his first year here and we finished the season out well.(except OU loss)

Time, Time, Time, it costs you games with management but it can lead to good things.

We are in a conference which has the following head coaches: Urban Meyer, Mark Dantonio, Jim Harbaugh, Jerry Kill, Pat Fitzgerald, and James Franklin. Kevin Wilson also has Indiana, yes, INDI-FREAKING-ANA on the rise.

Do you believe Riley and this staff can/will field teams that can compete and beat these coaches' teams on a consistent basis? I sure don't (but of course, neither of us can predict the future, only hypothesize).

But beyond that, what this staff has done so far has tried ramming a square peg into a round hole. Hard. This is much more akin to what Callahan did in '04 than to what Bo did in '08 (and yes, I wanted Bo gone as bad as anyone).

Nebraska will not ever be a team that runs this pass happy pro/west coast style offense and has success with it. It is not our identity, it never has been, and it never will be (and please nobody bring up "But Osborne's offenses in the 70s!" Yeah, back when running a 'pro' style offense meant throwing it like 15 times a game).

Plus playing in a conference that experiences rough weather with other very physical teams that can ground and pound means we need to be able to ground and pound, too, and thwart it, something we used to do better than anyone.

This was Nebraska's identity. This was Nebraska's 'niche'. It needs to come back. We cannot and will not win championships running some generic nonsense hodgepodge or 'flavor of the week' offense relying on high star recruiting and facilities alone when this is what every other program in the nation does. We need that thing that makes us 'us'. Just my $.02

• Fire 4

Yes, let's fire a coach five games into his tenure. If I recall correctly Bo started out 3-3 in his first year here and we finished the season out well.(except OU loss)

Time, Time, Time, it costs you games with management but it can lead to good things.

We are in a conference which has the following head coaches: Urban Meyer, Mark Dantonio, Jim Harbaugh, Jerry Kill, Pat Fitzgerald, and James Franklin. Kevin Wilson also has Indiana, yes, INDI-FREAKING-ANA on the rise.

Do you believe Riley and this staff can/will field teams that can compete and beat these coaches' teams on a consistent basis? I sure don't (but of course, neither of us can predict the future, only hypothesize).

But beyond that, what this staff has done so far has tried ramming a square peg into a round hole. Hard. This is much more akin to what Callahan did in '04 than to what Bo did in '08 (and yes, I wanted Bo gone as bad as anyone).

Nebraska will not ever be a team that runs this pass happy pro/west coast style offense and has success with it. It is not our identity, it never has been, and it never will be (and please nobody bring up "But Osborne's offenses in the 70s!" Yeah, back when running a 'pro' style offense meant throwing it like 15 times a game).

Plus playing in a conference that experiences rough weather with other very physical teams that can ground and pound means we need to be able to ground and pound, too, and thwart it, something we used to do better than anyone.

This was Nebraska's identity. This was Nebraska's 'niche'. It needs to come back. We cannot and will not win championships running some generic nonsense hodgepodge or 'flavor of the week' offense relying on high star recruiting and facilities alone when this is what every other program in the nation does. We need that thing that makes us 'us'. Just my $.02

Yes so fire riley after year one. If he is bad after year three(I believe he got a three year deal)then I wouldn't mind letting him go after three years. This process isn't going to heal in year one, we have to believe in the coaches. Will you want riley fired if he gets us to go 8-4 and win a bowl game? Anyway no one will want to coach here if we fire a coach after year one. He hasn't been here one year and lets all crucify him already. Square peg in a round hole argument is not correct. We are better at passing than running. I want to run the ball a lot more too dont get me wrong but no one will want to coach here if we fire him after year one. Give it time.

• Fire 1

Throw some big time money at Les Miles and give him a blank check for assistants.

Hell no... anything BUT this. I live in Baton Rouge. The only reason Miles has been moderately successful here is because he sits directly in the center of a hotbed of talent, and has a top-notch staff of recruiters. Even with all he's accomplished, many fans here still don't like him.

• Fire 1

Yes so fire riley after year one. If he is bad after year three(I believe he got a three year deal)then I wouldn't mind letting him go after three years. This process isn't going to heal in year one, we have to believe in the coaches. Will you want riley fired if he gets us to go 8-4 and win a bowl game? Anyway no one will want to coach here if we fire a coach after year one. He hasn't been here one year and lets all crucify him already. Square peg in a round hole argument is not correct. We are better at passing than running. I want to run the ball a lot more too dont get me wrong but no one will want to coach here if we fire him after year one. Give it time.

I have a better chance of winning the lottery and then being struck by lightning than of this happening

• Fire 1

I have a better chance of winning the lottery and then being struck by lightning than of this happening

Well we are being competitive in games with no blowouts which is what people wanted. These clsoe games will get on our side sometimes and why can't they be on our side later this year? Teams start 0-6 and go 6-6 how? They realize one or two losses isn't the end of the world and play their darn butts off to finish the season. 7 games reamaining tuff ones at home I believe in this coach and team. If you don't want to go cheer for 5-0 Iowa who beat Wiscy and Idk who else