Hey, it could be worse....

Michigan and Florida appear to be headed in the right direction after their coaching changes.

Yes, and NU and Wisconsin going the other way. That's the nature of coaching changes. If we didn't change, we'd still be stuck in neutral or slowly idling backwards, so I commend the decision to make a change, but after 5 games this season, I don't commend the choice that was made. This time I hope we don't wait 7 years to make another change.

Texas is a key component in the next hiring for Nebraska if you think money will fix the issue. No competing with there money. So either go first and fast or wait until next year before a change is made. Choices are going to be slim, and if Texas is the next bully on the block, they will have more money and more everything to throw at that sexy hire. This is why you go and get Frost and Alberts and get back to what is Nebraska football.

• Fire 1

There is no way we are going to make a coaching change this year. I was pretty pissed that we lost they way we did yesterday. But I was not embarrassed by it. However, after reading the posts on here last night and again today, I can say, "I AM ASHAMED TO BE A PART OF THIS FAN BASE", greatest fans in college football, my a@#!! Anyone that is calling for the coaches to be fired are morons, have you never made a mistake in your job or life. It was a game for god sakes.

• Fire 1

Michigan and Florida appear to be headed in the right direction after their coaching changes.

Yes, and NU and Wisconsin going the other way. That's the nature of coaching changes. If we didn't change, we'd still be stuck in neutral or slowly idling backwards, so I commend the decision to make a change, but after 5 games this season, I don't commend the choice that was made. This time I hope we don't wait 7 years to make another change.

How about we wait 5?

There is no way we are going to make a coaching change this year. I was pretty pissed that we lost they way we did yesterday. But I was not embarrassed by it. However, after reading the posts on here last night and again today, I can say, "I AM ASHAMED TO BE A PART OF THIS FAN BASE", greatest fans in college football, my a@#!! Anyone that is calling for the coaches to be fired are morons, have you never made a mistake in your job or life. It was a game for god sakes.

The reason coaches make the money that they do is because this game has fans with a tremendous amount of interest. Such interest invokes passionate and emotional reactions to the outcome on the field. The abundant frustration most are feeling is most certainly not the product of a single game. Many had reservations about this coach the moment he was hired. I have been very unimpressed with not only the loss column, but the direction, style of play, and intensity of the program.

you weren't embarrassed to root for a team that lost to Illinois because of some inexcusable coaching errors?
  • Fire 1

I don't get paid 1.5 million dollars a year by the state...sorry but a coaching staff with this much experience has made too many mistakes for my liking

Texas is a key component in the next hiring for Nebraska if you think money will fix the issue. No competing with there money. So either go first and fast or wait until next year before a change is made. Choices are going to be slim, and if Texas is the next bully on the block, they will have more money and more everything to throw at that sexy hire. This is why you go and get Frost and Alberts and get back to what is Nebraska football.

Thank you for saying this! Agree 100%.

I am just the opposite, I am proud to be a part of a fan base that wants to win and recognizes that an inept coaching staff has cost us 2 games so far.

It could be worse.

It will be worse.

That is the nature of the game, one team has to lose.

I will continue to root for our dumpster fire however.

Wisky will be an interesting litmus test for where we really are.

Both teams coming off close losses.

We could restore the hope for our season next week or we could confirm the level of s@#$ we find out self up to our eyeballs in.

I have come to hate whisky on a deep level. So next week wont be great for my blood pressure.

I do not think looking at texas helps anything besides to feel better personally.

Illnoise was the only team I felt good about besides purdue and marryland.

We need a come to jesus meeting with our secondary. Until we address the fact the little things we wont compete. We are getting beat in the track meet, our kids are not even bothering to look back to compete for the ball because they are usually 5 steps behind there coverage.

The whole smiling to the fans and saying sorry we suck just reeks of trolling, our teams attitude has clearly not gotten better under mr. rogers.

south-park-bp-sorry1-e1397920466747.png

I am just the opposite, I am proud to be a part of a fan base that wants to win and recognizes that an inept coaching staff has cost us 2 games so far.

I agree that we will not make a coaching change after one year, as frustrated as any of us are. I also expected us to struggle this year, but the Illinois game is a bit different in that I put the loss squarely on the coaches. Some of the other mistakes in prior losses appears to be primarily a result of players out of position or not executing the plan. I think NU fans have been so frustrated Callahan and Pelini that patience for Riley (or whoever the new coach would have been) is very thin.