The problem with riley and his staff

thatguy

... is arrogance.

I know people may think he's nice and all the other great adjectives used to describe him (all of which are probably true), but if you look back since the beginning of his tenure, that arrogance has always been present. a few:

The arrogance to think he could come here with some of the staff he came with, even with their past failures, instead of going for people who could really help out.

the arrogance to think that they didn't need to manage the clock against teams (seen it against byu, usa, and now illinois)

the arrogance to think that they don't need to help out the pass defense "because they want the db's to learn"

the arrogance to think that they could just call pass plays as they did today instead of going with the run in the kind of weather they found themselves in

the arrogance to think they don't need to rotate o-linemen

the arrogance to think they don't need to seriously consider some of the concerns of the fan base (they know what they are).

many more, but i'll stop there. basically, humility is lacking among the members of the staff. and it is costing them games.

• Fire 1

Just wondering how many of these threads we have to have.

Your not happy, no one is, but we don't need ten million of the same thread over and over just because everyone seems to want to start one.

We lost, looks like we may lose more, get over it.

• Fire 1

"This one will be interesting for sure," Riley said. "I'm just going to kind of say what I said before what I've thought about this team. They started practicing well on Monday's. This was obviously a very similar loss to what we've been through this year. I think each reaction was good, so I'm not going to assume the next one won't be."

What weak a** response. Sounds like someone who is used to losing. Should have started off with "This wasn't acceptable"

"This one will be interesting for sure," Riley said. "I'm just going to kind of say what I said before what I've thought about this team. They started practicing well on Monday's. This was obviously a very similar loss to what we've been through this year. I think each reaction was good, so I'm not going to assume the next one won't be."

What weak a** response. Sounds like someone who is used to losing. Should have started off with "This wasn't acceptable"

Not "weak a**" response. He just isn't "FREAKING LOSING HIS MIND" like the rest of the "GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL"!!! I was really pissed off after this loss, especially the way we lost it. Seriously, people need to get some perspective.

Would've been nice to see this response

That's why I wanted that guy. Bad. Notice how he keeps his cool and thought process in getting the point across without being a total fuckwad about it. and 4 weeks later, look what they did tonight. Look where theyre at now. Already.

No kidding. Being in Florida the last 8 years I've watched the dumpster fire that Gators team turned into under Muschamp. I knew Mcelwain would be a good hire, but figured it'd take a year or two for them to start beating top 10 teams again. What he's done with that offense is nothing short of a miracle

Would've been nice to see this response

That's why I wanted that guy. Bad. Notice how he keeps his cool and thought process in getting the point across without being a total fuckwad about it. and 4 weeks later, look what they did tonight. Look where theyre at now. Already.

No kidding. Being in Florida the last 8 years I've watched the dumpster fire that Gators team turned into under Muschamp. I knew Mcelwain would be a good hire, but figured it'd take a year or two for them to start beating top 10 teams again. What he's done with that offense is nothing short of a miracle

Not just the offense. the whole team. mentality.