Westerkamp: 1 Reception for -1 yard?

Bowfin

Is this really correct? A Fighting Illini blogger who knew of Westerkamp since his Illinois high school game was floored by this statistic.

I was at the SAC Museum for much of the game, so I don't know how Illinois took Westerkamp out of the offense or it was something else, maybe an injury?

Is this really correct? A Fighting Illini blogger who knew of Westerkamp since his Illinois high school game was floored by this statistic.

I was at the SAC Museum for much of the game, so I don't know how Illinois took Westerkamp out of the offense or it was something else, maybe an injury?

Nope he played. Almost had a big play, but it went through his hands. Most our passes were of the launch it downfield and hope for the best variety. Surprisingly didn't work with 20 mph winds

• Fire 1

Illinois did a novel concept and double-teamed Westy on short pass routes.

The ball that "went through his hands" was slightly overthrown. It would have been a great catch, but I guess we have seen that on a regular basis out of Westy.

TA also overthrew a wide open Westy when Westy juked the CB out of his jock. It was a 40-50 yard pass, but Westy was wide open by 10 yards.

Illinois did a novel concept and double-teamed Westy on short pass routes.

The ball that "went through his hands" was slightly overthrown. It would have been a great catch, but I guess we have seen that on a regular basis out of Westy.

TA also overthrew a wide open Westy when Westy juked the CB out of his jock. It was a 40-50 yard pass, but Westy was wide open by 10 yards.

Yep, they blanketed him. Eliminated Tommie's go to guy. Bad things followed. Every team will do this the rest of the season.

He did field every punt after DPE's muff too. Not easy in that wind.

I guess the wind wasn't blowing on Illinois last drive.....or maybe we still haven't fixed that pass D. Westy wasn'targeted much and when he was he was usually double or triple covered.

It actually wasn't. The wind died down a ton in the last 10 minutes of the game, and they were also driving with the wind at their backs.

I would know pretty well. That wind was blowing straight into my face for 4+ hours.