MANY people said ANY change was welcome, even if we won less than 8 in year one.

Flood

The problem with Riley is, if he turns things around he will be 65 years old and looking for retirement.

I could understand if say Frost was our OC and he was being molded as the next man up...but I dont see anyone on Riley's staff as being the head coach in waiting for Nebraska, and GOD help us if that is the case.

Riley is 62. This season is a loss, next year if we see improvements and he saves his job he's 63..he will be 64-65 years old IF he is able to get anything going, by that time he is looking at the end of his career.

Then we are back to rebuilding years because we will need a new head coach.

This hire was epic face palm. It made no sense unless Riley started winning championships immediately.

• Fire 1

I would still take losses like we have been over ones that were complete ass beatings. At least we are competitive in these close losses.

Dude...it was Illinois that should not be a competitive game. We haven't even faced a great team yet, the Wisconsin's, UCLA's and Ohio State's are the teams we got blown out by let's see how we look against them first

It makes me laugh when people use arguments like this. Just because they are Illinois doesn't mean that they are a bad team. Sure, they could turn around and lose the rest of their games but they could also win the rest. Teams fluctuate every year and are different every year. Look at Northwestern, Toledo, Cal and many others. They went from being sh**ty one year to ranked the next.

The problem with Riley is, if he turns things around he will be 65 years old and looking for retirement.

I could understand if say Frost was our OC and he was being molded as the next man up...but I dont see anyone on Riley's staff as being the head coach in waiting for Nebraska, and GOD help us if that is the case.

Riley is 62. This season is a loss, next year if we see improvements and he saves his job he's 63..he will be 64-65 years old IF he is able to get anything going, by that time he is looking at the end of his career.

This hire was epic face palm. It made no sense unless Riley started winning championships immediately.

Agreed. His age raised a lot of questions in my mind when he was hired. If the plan wasn't for him to turn things around immediately, then what was the point? He's at the tail end of his career. It's not like he has years in front of him to slowly build a program.

• Fire 1

Agreed. His age raised a lot of questions in my mind when he was hired. If the plan wasn't for him to turn things around immediately, then what was the point? He's at the tail end of his career. It's not like he has years in front of him to slowly build a program.

Exactly....Suddenly, now that he is failing miserably the answer is, let him have time to build the program. Where is the time?

I would still take losses like we have been over ones that were complete ass beatings. At least we are competitive in these close losses.

Dude...it was Illinois that should not be a competitive game. We haven't even faced a great team yet, the Wisconsin's, UCLA's and Ohio State's are the teams we got blown out by let's see how we look against them first

It makes me laugh when people use arguments like this. Just because they are Illinois doesn't mean that they are a bad team. Sure, they could turn around and lose the rest of their games but they could also win the rest. Teams fluctuate every year and are different every year. Look at Northwestern, Toledo, Cal and many others. They went from being sh**ty one year to ranked the next.

I am willing to bet you every dollar I ever make for the rest of my life that Illinois doesn't win the rest of their games. That is not a good team at all, are you not aware of how they performed against North Carolina and Middle Tennessee St? C'mon man do not prop up Illinois like they're something they're not

I am willing to bet you every dollar I ever make for the rest of my life that Illinois doesn't win the rest of their games. That is not a good team at all, are you not aware of how they performed against North Carolina and Middle Tennessee St? C'mon man do not prop up Illinois like they're something they're not

And did you see how tOSU played against Indiana or FSU against Wake or LSU against Eastern Michigan.

I'm not propping them up, I'm just saying they might not be a bad team and we won't tell till the season is almost done.