If we go 0-5 in October, should the A.D. and coaching staff be flushed so we can get a jump on any good coaches that become available in Nov. & Dec.?

Only issue is Rome already had 9+ wins a year and 4 losses. We currently are more or less guaranteed to have our worst record since Callahan. Rome doesn't need built it needs tweaked that's why we hired a guy with 40+ years of coaching experience. To avoid mental breakdowns and rookie coaching mistakes

Couldn't agree more. It's already proven to be a disastrous hire.

Not so sure about that, but it hasn't been a promising start.

I'm not optimistic about the future.

Worst pass defense in the country. Worst in penalties. An offensive philosophy that now most of Husker nation.....and the national media......knows doesn't fly here. That's disastrous.

All of us are upset. Most likely me more than most, as I truly expected it be a little different with Coach Riley. I have not given up hope on him or this team. But the general sentiment of this forum seems to be swinging that way. I think we give the guy a chance, we gave the buffoon before him way too much time.

The problem that most do not consider is the fact that the kids read this stuff. They need our support and supporting the staff helps them feel they have made the right choice I would think. Everyone screaming for their demise can not be good for anything at the moment.

I was not attacking anyone for their feelings, just stating the post was for reaction more than constructive comment.

I have been Husker fan for longer than most on here. I have spent my fair share on the program, and try to help this forum since I became involved with it. But it has changed a lot in the last couple of years. Bo has done the same thing to the fan base that he did to the players. We are split, angry and not willing to wait. Mike Riley took over a real mess. WE have talent, but the mindset of the kids is not positive, as show cased by our team captain and his comments and actions. How many feel like him, who knows, but just one is enough to cause real problems.

Rome was not built in a day, Riley needs our support and the kids need it more. All this negative is not good. I admit I was very negative about the past staff, but it went farther than his coaching. These guys may not be the best coaches, but they are good people and I did not feel the same about the past staff. Bo is the only coach I have not supported, did not from day one. Still feel exactly the same.

I hope the staff figures this out, Nebraska and all of us need them to.

With all due respect, I think you are being a little over sensitive, I think that a lot of us need to chill out.

These new cats might end up being valuable members. I don't think that this board needs to be a good ole boy club.

Just my 2 cents. Apologies if I spoke out of turn.

Wait, 74hunter isn't new? Could've fooled me with his ridiculous posts.

All of us are upset. Most likely me more than most, as I truly expected it be a little different with Coach Riley. I have not given up hope on him or this team. But the general sentiment of this forum seems to be swinging that way. I think we give the guy a chance, we gave the buffoon before him way too much time.

The problem that most do not consider is the fact that the kids read this stuff. They need our support and supporting the staff helps them feel they have made the right choice I would think. Everyone screaming for their demise can not be good for anything at the moment.

I was not attacking anyone for their feelings, just stating the post was for reaction more than constructive comment.

I have been Husker fan for longer than most on here. I have spent my fair share on the program, and try to help this forum since I became involved with it. But it has changed a lot in the last couple of years. Bo has done the same thing to the fan base that he did to the players. We are split, angry and not willing to wait. Mike Riley took over a real mess. WE have talent, but the mindset of the kids is not positive, as show cased by our team captain and his comments and actions. How many feel like him, who knows, but just one is enough to cause real problems.

Rome was not built in a day, Riley needs our support and the kids need it more. All this negative is not good. I admit I was very negative about the past staff, but it went farther than his coaching. These guys may not be the best coaches, but they are good people and I did not feel the same about the past staff. Bo is the only coach I have not supported, did not from day one. Still feel exactly the same.

With all due respect, I think you are being a little over sensitive, I think that a lot of us need to chill out.

These new cats might end up being valuable members. I don't think that this board needs to be a good ole boy club.

If ridiculous posts you mean spot on analysis that you happen to disagree with, then you would be correct.

Why so hostile?

• Fire 1

Only issue is Rome already had 9+ wins a year and 4 losses. We currently are more or less guaranteed to have our worst record since Callahan. Rome doesn't need built it needs tweaked that's why we hired a guy with 40+ years of coaching experience. To avoid mental breakdowns and rookie coaching mistakes

Couldn't agree more. It's already proven to be a disastrous hire.
Not so sure about that, but it hasn't been a promising start.

I'm not optimistic about the future.

Worst pass defense in the country. Worst in penalties. An offensive philosophy that now most of Husker nation.....and the national media......knows doesn't fly here. That's disastrous.

Good points. Carry on.

Not so sure that it's time to cut the cord, but the leash is short.

• Fire 1

If ridiculous posts you mean spot on analysis that you happen to disagree with, then you would be correct.

Why so hostile?

I'm fed up with posters who are willing to throw out the pink slip after 5 damn games.

Why so hostile?

I'm fed up with posters who are willing to throw out the pink slip after 5 damn games.

Where have I said that?

Why so hostile?

Where have I said that?

Then I apologize. So many posts rambling that I'm confusing them together.

You guys realize we are 8 points from being 5-0 correct. Yea it is bad, but not the end of the world yet.

Do most of you think we would have been better with the past staff. I really do not know, but I think Miami would have been a complete blow out, BYU would not have come back and Illinois I think Bo would have won.

We need to improve no question, but we needed to for the last 5 years and it made little difference to most on this site.

I thought things would go smoother for Coach Riley, but I think we would have been far worse off with the past staff still here.

Hard to tell how good our three losses may look down the road. BYU has looked good except against Michigan, and I think some of that was road warrior demise.

Miami, who knows what that means.

I have no love attachment to Coach Riley, he is our coach, and I support him until he isn't. But I am going to let the coach sink or swim, if he needs to go I will endorse that move. I just think it is a little quick to have all this going on.

You guys realize we are 8 points from being 5-0 correct. Yea it is bad, but not the end of the world yet.

Do most of you think we would have been better with the past staff. I really do not know, but I think Miami would have been a complete blow out, BYU would not have come back and Illinois I think Bo would have won.

We need to improve no question, but we needed to for the last 5 years and it made little difference to most on this site.

I thought things would go smoother for Coach Riley, but I think we would have been far worse off with the past staff still here.

Hard to tell how good our three losses may look down the road. BYU has looked good except against Michigan, and I think some of that was road warrior demise.

I have no love attachment to Coach Riley, he is our coach, and I support him until he isn't. But I am going to let the coach sink or swim, if he needs to go I will endorse that move. I just think it is a little quick to have all this going on.

How many passing yds does Kayaa have against Pelinis D?

with Pelini BYU is a toss up.

Miami is a blow out and we never come back.

Illinoi, Pelini wins.

Now we can predict what Pelini would have done the rest of the year, and Riley so far is unknown.

Pelini loses to Wisconsin, loses to Mich State, probably loses to Iowa.

Riley it looks bleak, but until the game is played we won't know. At Ore State he was known to have one big upset a year.

First of all, he had just as many a year younger, as a freshman, on the road, against a tremendous pass rusher.

First of all, he had just as many a year younger, as a freshman, on the road, against a tremendous pass rusher.

I'm just playing Devils advocate here. It is well documented I hate Pelini

I'm just playing Devils advocate here. It is well documented I hate Pelini

I know. Im just on cue, pointing out the facts bud. Folks can speculate from there.

I think defensively they have picked their poison. Most of us were complaining about the massive rushing yardage given up, so they have concentrated on correcting that. Possibly we do not, nor have we had the athletes we need to be real effective on both. I do not have the knowledge to say.