If we go 0-5 in October, should the A.D. and coaching staff be flushed so we can get a jump on any good coaches that become available in Nov. & Dec.?

The problem is obviously Eichorst, he should and will be fired after this season. We are stuck with Riley until we are done paying off Bo. When Bo is paid off then the university can afford to open up the check book at get a splash hire. I would like to see Gary Patterson as a splash hire. If the university want a cheap option and proven winner you go with Doc Holliday at Marshall. Great coach and Urban Meyer's guru recruiter at Florida.

The problem is obviously Eichorst, he should and will be fired after this season. We are stuck with Riley until we are done paying off Bo. When Bo is paid off then the university can afford to open up the check book at get a splash hire. I would like to see Gary Patterson as a splash hire. If the university want a cheap option and proven winner you go with Doc Holliday at Marshall. Great coach and Urban Meyer's guru recruiter at Florida.

The Husker football program is estimated to generate a $35 million - $40 million NET PROFIT annually. If we go 0-5 in October, the damage to recruiting and reputation will continue to snowball but at an accelerated pace. This all comes down to dollars and cents. After the fan-base's collective reaction to Saturday's loss, coupled with the hard-hitting articles from the World-Herald...I imagine there are some heated discussions happening right now between administration, the coaching staff, and the donor class.

If our sell-out record falls, irreparable damage will have been done to the Program and the stewards of the Program will do whatever it takes (within their power) to protect it...if we go 0-5 in October, I will not be at all surprised if both Riley and the A.D. are fired shortly thereafter.

Have you watched these other Big 10 teams this year? They are TOUGH...tougher than us...all of them. This is shaping up to possibly be the darkest month in the history of Husker football.

• Fire 1

All of us are upset. Most likely me more than most, as I truly expected it be a little different with Coach Riley. I have not given up hope on him or this team. But the general sentiment of this forum seems to be swinging that way. I think we give the guy a chance, we gave the buffoon before him way too much time.

The problem that most do not consider is the fact that the kids read this stuff. They need our support and supporting the staff helps them feel they have made the right choice I would think. Everyone screaming for their demise can not be good for anything at the moment.

I was not attacking anyone for their feelings, just stating the post was for reaction more than constructive comment.

I have been Husker fan for longer than most on here. I have spent my fair share on the program, and try to help this forum since I became involved with it. But it has changed a lot in the last couple of years. Bo has done the same thing to the fan base that he did to the players. We are split, angry and not willing to wait. Mike Riley took over a real mess. WE have talent, but the mindset of the kids is not positive, as show cased by our team captain and his comments and actions. How many feel like him, who knows, but just one is enough to cause real problems.

Rome was not built in a day, Riley needs our support and the kids need it more. All this negative is not good. I admit I was very negative about the past staff, but it went farther than his coaching. These guys may not be the best coaches, but they are good people and I did not feel the same about the past staff. Bo is the only coach I have not supported, did not from day one. Still feel exactly the same.

I hope the staff figures this out, Nebraska and all of us need them to.

With all due respect, I think you are being a little over sensitive, I think that a lot of us need to chill out.

These new cats might end up being valuable members. I don't think that this board needs to be a good ole boy club.

Just my 2 cents. Apologies if I spoke out of turn.

Wait, 74hunter isn't new? Could've fooled me with his ridiculous posts.
If ridiculous posts you mean spot on analysis that you happen to disagree with, then you would be correct.

Why so hostile?

I'm fed up with posters who are willing to throw out the pink slip after 5 damn games.

If you were hired and paid millions of dollars to do a job (any job)...and then your boss very soon figured out that you in fact could not do the job you claimed you could. Are you saying, in this scenario, that your boss should cross his fingers and hope for the best even though in his gut he knows he made a mistake by hiring you...all the while, he's paying you millions of dollars per year?

That's not how the real world works.

I'm not saying Riley should be fired after this season. But IF it did happen, why not get someone with some husker ties to fill the job. Turner Gill? Scott Frost? Maybe Bohl?

How about

Joe Moglia

Year

Team

Overall

Conference

Standing

Bowl/playoffs

Coaches#

TSN°

Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (Big South Conference) (2012–present)

Coastal Carolina

8–5

5–1

T–1st

L FCS Second Round

Coastal Carolina

12–3

4–1

T–1st

L FCS Quarterfinal

Coastal Carolina

12–2

4–1

T–1st

L FCS Quarterfinal

Coastal Carolina

4–0

0–0

Coastal Carolina:

36–10

13–3

Total:

36–10

I'm not saying Riley should be fired after this season. But IF it did happen, why not get someone with some husker ties to fill the job. Turner Gill? Scott Frost? Maybe Bohl?

How about

Joe Moglia

Year

Team

Overall

Conference

Standing

Bowl/playoffs

Coaches#

TSN°

Coastal Carolina

8–5

5–1

T–1st

L FCS Second Round

Coastal Carolina

12–3

4–1

T–1st

L FCS Quarterfinal

Coastal Carolina

12–2

4–1

T–1st

L FCS Quarterfinal

Coastal Carolina

4–0

0–0

Coastal Carolina:

36–10

13–3

Total:

36–10

Forgot about Moglia. He's doing pretty well also.

How about

Joe Moglia

Year

Team

Overall

Conference

Standing

Bowl/playoffs

Coaches#

TSN°

Coastal Carolina

8–5

5–1

T–1st

L FCS Second Round

Coastal Carolina

12–3

4–1

T–1st

L FCS Quarterfinal

Coastal Carolina

12–2

4–1

T–1st

L FCS Quarterfinal

Coastal Carolina

4–0

0–0

Coastal Carolina:

36–10

13–3

Total:

36–10

I'd certainly be more tempted to have Moglia coach this team than Bohl.

Look, everyone is hurting here!

I do not agree with those who take joy in posting negatively just to get a rise out of the masses but then again, the way things work in our democracy is, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Best option for all of us who don't like this type of posting is to look away and not feed the issue or give those who are determined to get our goat, the time of day!

If things continue down this same path, I will most likely have to remove myself from posting or reading post for the season. I feel crappy enough already, I sure as heck don't need my nose rubbed in the sh*t just for the sake of being on any board. We have some solid posters, we have some "mega Kool-aid drinkers" and we have some "the sky is falling posters". Can't ban people who have a difference of opinion for that reason alone but Zoogs, if you look at some of the opening post by some of the new members, you can identify those who crawled out from beneath the baseboard and are keying on "Getting a rise" out of spewing their crap without any desire to add to this boards quality. You and the mods are the only ones who can measure ones value to the board and have to make those calls. I know, preaching to the choir.

I'm am done with the rant.

• Fire 3

I do not agree with those who take joy in posting negatively just to get a rise out of the masses but then again, the way things work in our democracy is, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Best option for all of us who don't like this type of posting is to look away and not feed the issue or give those who are determined to get our goat, the time of day!

If things continue down this same path, I will most likely have to remove myself from posting or reading post for the season. I feel crappy enough already, I sure as heck don't need my nose rubbed in the sh*t just for the sake of being on any board. We have some solid posters, we have some "mega Kool-aid drinkers" and we have some "the sky is falling posters". Can't ban people who have a difference of opinion for that reason alone but Zoogs, if you look at some of the opening post by some of the new members, you can identify those who crawled out from beneath the baseboard and are keying on "Getting a rise" out of spewing their crap without any desire to add to this boards quality. You and the mods are the only ones who can measure ones value to the board and have to make those calls. I know, preaching to the choir.

It feels like you didn't really add to the quality of this thread. :moreinteresting

If we do that, good luck finding a coach that would want anything to do with this place.

Blah blah blah. Worst argument there is. Everybody knows the total disaster which is Nebraska football at the current moment. Pay the $ and a coach will come.

No they wont and you are delusional if you think so. There is a reason we didn't get a top coach when Solich got canned and it has been well documented.

Solich got canned after a winning season...apples and oranges here.

That depends on what "good" coaches you think we can "afford" by the Nov/Dec timeframe.

Are you thinking we can hire Chip Kelly when the Eagles fire him?

Like last year when people said we could get Jim Harbaugh when the 49'ers let him go.

We're not getting Chip. More than likely, he'll either go to Texas or Miami. Can anyone think of a logical reason anyone with any credentials at all would even consider a job here given we just fired a coach who won at least 9 games each season he was here and we fired his replacement at the end of one season? Given those circumstances, I'd think almost anyone would run from this job if this were to occur.

It feels like you didn't really add to the quality of this thread. :moreinteresting

I would agree, but by virtue of your response, I think it adds clarity!

That depends on what "good" coaches you think we can "afford" by the Nov/Dec timeframe.

Are you thinking we can hire Chip Kelly when the Eagles fire him?

Like last year when people said we could get Jim Harbaugh when the 49'ers let him go.

We're not getting Chip. More than likely, he'll either go to Texas or Miami. Can anyone think of a logical reason anyone with any credentials at all would even consider a job here given we just fired a coach who won at least 9 games each season he was here and we fired his replacement at the end of one season? Given those circumstances, I'd think almost anyone would run from this job if this were to occur.

There are a few NFL coaches with college coaching experience that might be worth pursuing

I don't care about the past staff but i am very concerned about the game management and lack of progress on both sides of the ball. This staff has many years of experience coaching football and can't or won't run the ball to take time off the clock. The BIG is an old school football conference. This is due to the weather in October, November in the midwest. We all know you need to run the ball and put a D on the field that can stop the run. What happened to we are going to play to the strength of the players in the program? I don't think this staff understands what it takes to win in the BID 10 conference.