If we go 0-5 in October, should the A.D. and coaching staff be flushed so we can get a jump on any good coaches that become available in Nov. & Dec.?

You guys realize we are 8 points from being 5-0 correct. Yea it is bad, but not the end of the world yet.

Do most of you think we would have been better with the past staff. I really do not know, but I think Miami would have been a complete blow out, BYU would not have come back and Illinois I think Bo would have won.

We need to improve no question, but we needed to for the last 5 years and it made little difference to most on this site.

I thought things would go smoother for Coach Riley, but I think we would have been far worse off with the past staff still here.

Hard to tell how good our three losses may look down the road. BYU has looked good except against Michigan, and I think some of that was road warrior demise.

Miami, who knows what that means.

I have no love attachment to Coach Riley, he is our coach, and I support him until he isn't. But I am going to let the coach sink or swim, if he needs to go I will endorse that move. I just think it is a little quick to have all this going on.

We're also 1 play away from being 1 and 4.

If the previous staff were still here, I'd bet that we would be 4 and 1 right now, losing to Miami. That was a better staff.

Would Miami have boat raced us, perhaps? It's funny how some choose to forget that they led us to some of the best comebacks in school history.

This new staff is literally inventing ways to lose games. The odds of us losing those games was astronomical.

If we do that, good luck finding a coach that would want anything to do with this place.

Blah blah blah. Worst argument there is. Everybody knows the total disaster which is Nebraska football at the current moment. Pay the $ and a coach will come.

No they wont and you are delusional if you think so. There is a reason we didn't get a top coach when Solich got canned and it has been well documented.

That was because of Pederson and the unrealistic expectations with a untalented roster. If Pedey would have used the same speech that TO used when he hired Bo, then the NU job would have been a lot more attractive. But not "allowing the Big 12 to be ruled by Texass and OU" with the 2004 roster scared the smarter coaches away as there was no way we could compete with those two schools with that roster. It was going to take time to replace the damage that Frank did to the program, but at the time nobody wanted to believe it (some still don't) as we were still a spoiled fan base at that time.

You guys realize we are 8 points from being 5-0 correct. Yea it is bad, but not the end of the world yet.

Do most of you think we would have been better with the past staff. I really do not know, but I think Miami would have been a complete blow out, BYU would not have come back and Illinois I think Bo would have won.

We need to improve no question, but we needed to for the last 5 years and it made little difference to most on this site.

I thought things would go smoother for Coach Riley, but I think we would have been far worse off with the past staff still here.

Hard to tell how good our three losses may look down the road. BYU has looked good except against Michigan, and I think some of that was road warrior demise.

Miami, who knows what that means.

I have no love attachment to Coach Riley, he is our coach, and I support him until he isn't. But I am going to let the coach sink or swim, if he needs to go I will endorse that move. I just think it is a little quick to have all this going on.

How many passing yds does Kayaa have against Pelinis D?

359 yards...3 TD's...2 Ints

Leave the Nebraska ties out of this. For the love of god. If we get one of those cuz they are the best available so be it. But jeez. Knock off the nebraska guy bullsh#t. Back the armored car up to the best's house and bring him in.

This is how college athletics are now a days. Paying for the best to get you your Ws. Nebraska for a place that seemingly prides itself on cutting edge sure is way behind the times when it comes to hiring coaches and trying to be the good ole boy not waving the flashy wallet around. Im sick of this sh#t. Just get the best regardless of cost. Frickin Osborne was one of a kind. Lightening in a bottle. And it still took him a generation to get there.

Turner Gill. Craig Bohl. Jeebus Kreist......

• Fire 2

Leave the Nebraska ties out of this. For the love of god. If we get one of those cuz they are the best available so be it. But jeez. Knock off the nebraska guy bullsh#t. Back the armored car up to the best's house and bring him in.

This is how college athletics are now a days. Paying for the best to get you your Ws. Nebraska for a place that seemingly prides itself on cutting edge sure is way behind the times when it comes to hiring coaches and trying to be the good ole boy not waving the flashy wallet around. Im sick of this sh#t. Just get the best regardless of cost. Frickin Osborne was one of a kind. Lightening in a bottle. And it still took him a generation to get there.

Uhh. . . since when has Nebraska tried to hire from the "good ole boy" network? I guess Bo could be considered one, along with Solich. Get this, that "good ole boy" mentality, got Nebraska a record of 125-46. So, what's wrong with a guy with Nebraska ties again?

as long as we are speculating......what if this current staff goes 5-0 in oct? do we give them raises instead of firing them?

Hell with raises, I'll give them my time machine.

lol...i should have looked at the calender. kk....what if they win the next 5? i seriously doubt they do....but what if they do win them?

Uhh. . . since when has Nebraska tried to hire from the "good ole boy" network? I guess Bo could be considered one, along with Solich. Get this, that "good ole boy" mentality, got Nebraska a record of 125-46. So, what's wrong with a guy with Nebraska ties again?

Outside of a possibility of Frost, well, it's pretty simple.

What Nebraska guy has a proven track record in big boy college football?

And when you put too much stress into that stuff, you lose sight on just getting the best possible. Thats the mistake we just made. We got too caught up with class and the antiBo that we made no attempt at the "best".

Just get the best. Spend the money. Get the best. To hell with Nebraska ties. Our behavior aint no different than any other fan base anyway. So why get so caught up with someone who "understands" this place. Just win football games.

• Fire 2

as long as we are speculating......what if this current staff goes 5-0 in oct? do we give them raises instead of firing them?

Hell with raises, I'll give them my time machine.

lol...i should have looked at the calender. kk....what if they win the next 5? i seriously doubt they do....but what if they do win them?

We dance!

giphy.gif

Outside of a possibility of Frost, well, it's pretty simple.

What Nebraska guy has a proven track record in big boy college football?

And when you put too much stress into that stuff, you lose sight on just getting the best possible. Thats the mistake we just made. We got too caught up with class and the antiBo that we made no attempt at the "best".

Just get the best. Spend the money. Get the best. To hell with Nebraska ties. Our behavior aint no different than any other fan base anyway. So why get so caught up with someone who "understands" this place. Just win football games.

I agree with you, get the best possible candidate. That's been a pipe dream of mine for the last decade. I am not convinced we are willing to shell out the money for it. Also, what Nebraska guy that I mentioned doesn't have a proven track record in big boy college football?