Keyshawn's take<< a must read for all on this board

You lose to Illinois and you should expect criticism.

However, the lack of any sort of patience demonstrated by some segment of Husker fans is really quite unusual. Calling for a coach to be fired? Trying to get us all back in "Hot Seat" mode in year one? And let's be real, that same segment started with this the moment he was hired, and even before. Some of the same group that argued for years that Bo, like Osborne, needed at least a decade or something like that.

It's crazy. Past coaches, former players, current beat writers, are all making this observation. Just maybe they all have a point.

• Fire 1

You don't lose to Illinois and expect an even keeled fan base.

We're supposed to expect everything to be dandy after one of the worst losses Nebraska has ever had? After Mike Riley is more or less validating the concerns of those critical of his hire?

No, you don't get patience from the fan base when we reach a new low.

You really rank the loss to Illinois as "one of the worst losses Nebraska has ever had"?

LOL

I can think of 10 worse off the top of my head
Not trying to be a jerk, but I'd love to see which ones you feel are worse.

Yeah, it's fresh in our minds, but this one seems pretty bad.

Iowa St in 1992

Arizona St in 1996

Colorado in 2001

Penn State in 2002

Southern Miss in 2004

Kansas in 2005

Kansas in 2007

Texas Tech and Iowa State in 2009

Oklahoma, Texas, and Washington in 2010

The 3 conference losses in 2011

UCLA and the CCG in 2012

UCLA, Minnesota, and Iowa in 2013

Wisconsin and Minnesota in 2014

Of course these are just my opinions of worse games over the last 20 years. And each one has it's own merit to it.

I should've clarified in terms of the quality of the opponent.

Illinois is not a good team. They are downright awful. They aren't even close to most of the teams you listed.

We're supposed to expect everything to be dandy after one of the worst losses Nebraska has ever had? After Mike Riley is more or less validating the concerns of those critical of his hire?

You really rank the loss to Illinois as "one of the worst losses Nebraska has ever had"?

LOL

Iowa St in 1992

Arizona St in 1996

Colorado in 2001

Penn State in 2002

Southern Miss in 2004

Kansas in 2005

Kansas in 2007

UCLA and the CCG in 2012

Of course these are just my opinions of worse games over the last 20 years. And each one has it's own merit to it.

Exactly....let's just think of the word "EVER" used in the post.

We went through roughly the 40s and 50s really bad teams. Where did that start? In 1936 Dana Bible left and Biff Jones was hired. We went from a pretty dang good team to all of a sudden only winning 3 games in 1938. Think some of those losses were pretty bad with the fan base? Oh...he got us back to pretty respectable but when he left in 1941, Coach Presnell sent us into a spiral that we wouldn't get out of till a coach was finally hired in 1962 that finally pulled us out of that mess. Many of those years only had 2-4 wins per season. I'm pretty sure some of those losses really sucked.

LOL

Iowa St in 1992

Arizona St in 1996

Colorado in 2001

Penn State in 2002

Southern Miss in 2004

Kansas in 2005

Kansas in 2007

UCLA and the CCG in 2012

Illinois is not a good team. They are downright awful. They aren't even close to most of the teams you listed.

I think 92 Iowa St is the worst loss to the worst opponent in the last 20 or so years. They went 4-7 that year.

Losing to a team that went 7-5 out of CUSA is pretty damn bad. But whatever. If it fits your opinion that Nebraska and/or Riley is so horrible that Illinois is the worst loss ever, far be it from me to change your mind. I just disagree with you.

The 92 loss was when Neb had truly great players. 96 loss to Arizona St was what ultimately did in some chances at 4 in a row, but Texas loss in the Big 12 champ that year was worse in my opinion. Colorado loss in 2001, giving up 62 points on cross buck runs.....

Letting KU score 70..........Texas Tech loss........Washington loss in Bowl game......UCLA coming from behind in Lincoln two years ago to win a game that they had no business winning........Losing to Eli Manning and OLE Miss in bowl game.......These are were worst than losing to Illini.

Compared too where the program is now, and was in some of those earllier losses, the Illini loss is nothing. You can say that the field has evened out to the point that any Big 10 team other than Rutgers can beat almost any other team. Indiana and Purdue almost beat the two big shots in the league, so cry about losing to Illini, but realize that Nebraska currently is closer to them than Ohio St based on skill players and talent.

LOL

Iowa St in 1992

Arizona St in 1996

Colorado in 2001

Penn State in 2002

Southern Miss in 2004

Kansas in 2005

Kansas in 2007

UCLA and the CCG in 2012

I think 92 Iowa St is the worst loss to the worst opponent in the last 20 or so years. They went 4-7 that year.

Losing to a team that went 7-5 out of CUSA is pretty damn bad. But whatever. If it fits your opinion that Nebraska and/or Riley is so horrible that Illinois is the worst loss ever, far be it from me to change your mind. I just disagree with you.

Never said it was the worst ever, but one of them. Illinois is horrible.

The losses to the two Iowa State teams probably do rank lower.

LOL

Iowa St in 1992

Arizona St in 1996

Colorado in 2001

Penn State in 2002

Southern Miss in 2004

Kansas in 2005

Kansas in 2007

UCLA and the CCG in 2012

I think the season should play out before we see how horrible Illinois is.

74 asked me my opinion about worse losses. Those were mine. You are free to have a different list

LOL

Iowa St in 1992

Arizona St in 1996

Colorado in 2001

Penn State in 2002

Southern Miss in 2004

Kansas in 2005

Kansas in 2007

UCLA and the CCG in 2012

I think the season should play out before we see how horrible Illinois is.

74 asked me my opinion about worse losses. Those were mine. You are free to have a different list

Your list is pretty good to be honest. In my opinion, all of the teams in that list, other than Iowa State, are better teams than this years Illinois.