Keyshawn's take<< a must read for all on this board

I have a hard time believing that recruit would be swayed by the negativity of a bulletin board.

It's Twitter mostly, but opposing coaches do direct recruits to our boards as form of negative recruiting.

Well, I hope that these guys are smart enough to understand that just because an anonymous account portrays themselves as a fan of an institution, it doesn't make it true.

There are a lot of no life losers out there trolling.

I have a hard time believing that recruit would be swayed by the negativity of a bulletin board.

It's Twitter mostly, but opposing coaches do direct recruits to our boards as form of negative recruiting.

Would agree with this. The coaches using it to "sway" recruits, but not the kids themselves. IIRC, one coach in the B1G and maybe SEC (don't recall other conference) are already doing this from an earlier article.

Well, I hope that these guys are smart enough to understand that just because an anonymous account portrays themselves as a fan of an institution, it doesn't make it true.

There are a lot of no life losers out there trolling.

I think that kids being recruited by FBS schools are much more savvy than we give them credit for. A lot more.

Fans have opinions. Rarely are they the same. Especially with something as volatile as NU football. 5 games in and this board is getting divided. In season one. Not season 7..... Look at how the fan base was with Bo. Imagine if social media was around with TO. (for younger fans, A LOT of people wanted TO fired)........

Hey Keshawn's son...come here and help shut people the FU. Or don't.

Theres like 30 people who post here regularly. There's 2,000,000 Nebraska fans who don't. You decide who to listen to. We love us some Cornhusker football and you will too, but some of the loudest voices can be negative. You decide who to listen to.

Also, HCMR...go win some games to prove it.

I totally understand where Keyshawn is coming from about how the crap spewed across these boards can have a negative impact on recruiting. What others fail to see though is that losing has an even greater impact on recruiting. I think recruiting would be at an all-time low If things continue on this trajectory for a couple of years. Regardless, any little bit we can do to help out the program, I am all for it. So I hear you Keyshawn, tone it down. Got it.

Literally, nobody fails to see that. Nobody. Not a single person. The difference is there's nothing we here can do about the losses. But we can stop being super negative, and we can stop bringing up the obvious problems in every single thread and post as if nobody is aware of them.

• Fire 1

I totally understand where Keyshawn is coming from about how the crap spewed across these boards can have a negative impact on recruiting. What others fail to see though is that losing has an even greater impact on recruiting. I think recruiting would be at an all-time low If things continue on this trajectory for a couple of years. Regardless, any little bit we can do to help out the program, I am all for it. So I hear you Keyshawn, tone it down. Got it.

Literally, nobody fails to see that. Nobody. Not a single person. The difference is there's nothing we here can do about the losses. But we can stop being super negative, and we can stop bringing up the obvious problems in every single thread and post as if nobody is aware of them.

wouldn't that be trolling?

wouldn't that be trolling?

One would think so.

lol

I posted this comment in the "Commitment" topic the other day but I think it's appropriate here also:

Riley is our coach....he chose his assistants (good choices or bad) they are the assistants.

I dislike the westcoast offense scheme...we need to run the ball...we have good talent and need to get healthy so our starters are all playing at the same time.

There are lots of comments on here about fire this guy...fire that guy....get a new AD etc. We have who we have and that isn't going to change just because we make comments about them and what we/they would/should do.

If you feel upset by the losses we have had so far this season...think how the players must feel. You know this season isn't what they have hoped it to be!

The players read these posts and I'm sure the comments don't make them feel any better.

All of this is going to take some time to level out...if not..there will be changes made.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...rightly so...but one thing to remember when knocking players....

When you are up to your a$$ in alligators...it's hard to remember you are there to drain the swamp.

GBR

As a fanbase, at least on this board, sound like a bunch of spoiled, rotten losers...........wait we haven't won anything since 1997. Almost 18 years now that we actually did beat our chest and be on top of the world. Since then we have fired two coaches who won 9 games the season they were fired. Solich was fired after going 59-18 overall. Don't know Bo's overall record but I think it was close to that as well. OK 2001 we played for a NC, after Colorado scored 62 on us.

Check the entitlement, and leave that at the front gates Saturday. Start finding some humble pie, take a big dish full, and let this play out. The image of the program is already damaged. IT was damaged when we fired Solich, it was damaged even worse nationally when we fired Bo. Even though in some facets Bo being a dooch justified this, listen to Saban and tell me that his arrogance isn't just a bad. Sure, when they lose, he is getting pages devoted to firing him as well.

How many on here even remember watching the trilogy of titles in the nineties? How many remember the 80's and all the missed titles? Those teams were great, and even then this fan base wanted Ozzy gone. Finnally he won a title, and 2 more after the first one. 3 National titles in 25 years of coaching Neb. Few coaches play for 3 titles in 25 years, let alone win 3. I think Ozzy played for 7 or 8 NC's or shares of..........

Now we can't win more than 9 games a year, and firing coaches left and right, sure the negative thoughts are out there with recruits. Sure. Why would anyone want to play here in front of this fan base that constantly wants perfection, and Titles.

Its time for everyone to get over the entitlement factor, and move on. This isn't your daddy's Huskers anymore.