WTF

We all know that Nebraska hasn't been "Nebraska" for awhile now. But at least we've always been able to say that our program still wins 9 games every year, goes to bowl games, has the sellout streak, etc. We've been able to tread water while waiting for things to turn around.

Well, they've turned around, alright.

I wasn't a fan of Bo's antics at ALL--just the fact that someone like Kaz could become a solid fixture on his staff speaks volumes about that regime. But even in the transitional first year of a coaching regime, THIS level of play is completely inexcusable. They aren't being outmatched--they're continually failing to make the kind of adjustments and play calls that win tight games. That's what is most disheartening.

I would rather be 5-1 coming off a 40 point loss to wisconsin than 2-4.

Funny how that works right. Worst part is that this should have been an elevation hire, this is not a team that needed rebuilding.

Really? This team is devoid of talent. The QB stinks. The I-backs stink. The O-line stinks. The defensive secondary stinks. The linebackers stink. The defensive ends stink. The kicker stinks. This IS a team in need of rebuilding. Our offense from last year now plays for the Lions.

• Fire 2

Look if Maryland can sign there coach to an extension back in June and now have plans to oust him, Neb can too. Unless Neb gets a top ten recruiting class, this is going nowhere fast.

:yeah

This is now down to recruiting. Personally I would have preferred a reliance on OL and RB and a dominant defensive identity. But we have a guy and staff that are into trying to be effective using WR's with sweeps, etc. So, if he can pull in the players to run this effectively that's all he really has. So, he will get a couple years to try this. On defense, we are putting corners on islands and the technique is really bad. It has helped stop the run which was a big problem last year but we don't have the DB's to play this way. So, you basically recruit the best CB's and tell them that you are now the next Revis island because that is the only type of player that we can get to run this effectively (if it works then these CB's are NFL type recruits as they will be matched one on one a lot). I thought the DL did the best they could today but DB's are the worst in the country. Gerry could never cover. Kalu can make a play once in awhile. We have nothing back there so why we would allow Wisc. to get the ball back with 3 crap play calls on the last drive is simply stupid beyond anything I can think. The kicker was not going to miss another one. 3 Stave passes and its game over. So while this really sucks right now I would actually encourage the staff to use the players long term they see best for their system. The misdirections and sweeps are amateur hour and its finest as they are so poorly designed and executed that it was getting old hearing Wisky's bench yell the play before it was in progress.

Look if Maryland can sign there coach to an extension back in June and now have plans to oust him, Neb can too. Unless Neb gets a top ten recruiting class, this is going nowhere fast.

:yeah

This is now down to recruiting. Personally I would have preferred a reliance on OL and RB and a dominant defensive identity. But we have a guy and staff that are into trying to be effective using WR's with sweeps, etc. So, if he can pull in the players to run this effectively that's all he really has. So, he will get a couple years to try this. On defense, we are putting corners on islands and the technique is really bad. It has helped stop the run which was a big problem last year but we don't have the DB's to play this way. So, you basically recruit the best CB's and tell them that you are now the next Revis island because that is the only type of player that we can get to run this effectively (if it works then these CB's are NFL type recruits as they will be matched one on one a lot). I thought the DL did the best they could today but DB's are the worst in the country. Gerry could never cover. Kalu can make a play once in awhile. We have nothing back there so why we would allow Wisc. to get the ball back with 3 crap play calls on the last drive is simply stupid beyond anything I can think. The kicker was not going to miss another one. 3 Stave passes and its game over. So while this really sucks right now I would actually encourage the staff to use the players long term they see best for their system. The misdirections and sweeps are amateur hour at its finest as they are so poorly designed and executed that it was getting old hearing Wisky's bench yell the play before it was in progress.

Tell me again, how is this on Riley?

If it were not for your post count, I would swear you were trolling.

3 loses on the last play of the game.

Poor play calling on our last drive.

Dead last in pass defense.

Dead last in penalties.

Prior to today 101st in total D.

Game 6 and no RB.

Game 6 no identity.

A below 50% QB who they want to be a pocket passer (remember the whole square peg round hole scheme to my guys BS)

A dumpster fire of team with no identity.

We hired .536 coach and staff and are getting what we deserve. He is a guy whose whole career has been based on losing half the time. I am sure on some level he "accepts" this or at a minimum is use to it.

Yea, not Riley's fault at all. Point the finger, not the thumb......

• Fire 3

Funny how that works right. Worst part is that this should have been an elevation hire, this is not a team that needed rebuilding.

Really? This team is devoid of talent. The QB stinks. The I-backs stink. The O-line stinks. The defensive secondary stinks. The linebackers stink. The defensive ends stink. The kicker stinks. This IS a team in need of rebuilding. Our offense from last year now plays for the Lions.

wow, this is a stinky team? glad i don't have to smell them in the stadium.

Our talent wasn't so bad at to go 9-4 to 2-4.......possibly 2-10

• Fire 1

Dead last in penalties.

Game 6 and no RB.

Game 6 no identity.

A below 50% QB who they want to be a pocket passer (remember the whole square peg round hole scheme to my guys BS)

We hired .536 coach and staff and are getting what we deserve. He is a guy whose whole career has been based on losing half the time. I am sure on some level he "accepts" this or at a minimum is use to it.

I was about to face palm the original poster but I like your response much better.

He's coaching at the Oregon State level where the goal was not get any players killed

That, and another comment two down from this one that said "Mike Riley is in over his head" pretty much sums it up, IMO. He could have seasons like this at Oregon State and "aw, golly, shucks, we were so close" and nobody in Corvallis really gave a crap. They wrote it off as Phil Knight's money is going to Oregon, they are great we suck at Oregon State, oh well.

That's not going to work at Nebraska. As the only game in town, you better be good. This is a place that fired two guys for having records similar to his best season. We thought Callahan took the program to uncharted lows. We're not done yet. Bring on Purdue, Bring on Rutgers.

Dead last in penalties.

Game 6 and no RB.

Game 6 no identity.

I was about to face palm the original poster but I like your response much better.

then point the finger to that a$$hole Eichorst.......this was his bull sh#t pick of the litter.

Dead last in penalties.

Game 6 and no RB.

Game 6 no identity.

I understand that. From the way I read the OP I thought he was discussing today's game. Did not realize the entire season so far.

No. No you wouldn't.

5-1, ranked, and in contention for the CCG... Yes I f'ing would.

If you lose to this Wisconsin team by 40, youre not 5-1. Youre still 2-4. Probably 1-5 or 0-6, and not even being competitive. Regardless of the coach.

Come on guys. Youre both smarter than that and youre saying silly things in times of diress.

• Fire 2