Sunshine Kool-Aid Drinkers, Thanks for Helping Kill This Program

We finish 3-9 there is no way Riley is in Lincoln for another year. That I can tell you. The checkbooks will be out come December.

BS

The only way I will support the school and staff at this point is if they bring someone else in to do game management. I no longer trust Riley and his monkeys to manage games. I will always support the team, as for the school and staff get with the program.

We finish 3-9 there is no way Riley is in Lincoln for another year. That I can tell you. The checkbooks will be out come December.

BS

Dunno...Rumorville has something up currently, and I don't see the boosters of substance putting up with this.

Frankly, changes need to be made immediately to the internal staff, and I would be fine with keeping Riley on for another year if we can jettison Langsdorf and Banker and replace them with quality coordinator hires. For example, someone mentioned Kevin Steele as DC--that's a good hire that's reasonable and he has had proven success time and again as a DC (hell, one could argue Baylor's current success was originally built on/due to the bones of Steele's efforts as HC to a degree, not unlike Stoops' success at OU on the bones of John Blake's regime).

As for OC, I don't know who folks would like to see, but I would presume we'd go for a WC guy to jive with Riley's philosophy...though I would hope we would find one that puts a premium on running the ball successfully. The lack of one currently has cost us at least three games this year...four depending on how you view the Miami game.

And a caveat--I want it to be clear that I'm not dogging on the kids--quite the opposite really, as I believe the kids that come to Nebraska deserve the best coaching we can get for them. If it were your son or daughter playing, you'd want them to have one of the best available, and I don't understand why fans are content with substandard coaching for the kids wiling to sign up and represent DoNU.

BS

Dunno...Rumorville has something up currently, and I don't see the boosters of substance putting up with this.

Frankly, changes need to be made immediately to the internal staff, and I would be fine with keeping Riley on for another year if we can jettison Langsdorf and Banker and replace them with quality coordinator hires. For example, someone mentioned Kevin Steele as DC--that's a good hire that's reasonable and he has had proven success time and again as a DC (hell, one could argue Baylor's current success was originally built on/due to the bones of Steele's efforts as HC to a degree, not unlike Stoops' success at OU on the bones of John Blake's regime).

As for OC, I don't know who folks would like to see, but I would presume we'd go for a WC guy to jive with Riley's philosophy...though I would hope we would find one that puts a premium on running the ball successfully. The lack of one currently has cost us at least three games this year...four depending on how you view the Miami game.

And a caveat--I want it to be clear that I'm not dogging on the kids--quite the opposite really, as I believe the kids that come to Nebraska deserve the best coaching we can get for them. If it were your son or daughter playing, you'd want them to have one of the best available, and I don't understand why fans are content with substandard coaching for the kids wiling to sign up and represent DoNU.

Literally NO ONE is content with our 2-4 record. Show me people who are content with a 2-4 record. I bet you can't find them.

BS

Literally NO ONE is content with our 2-4 record. Show me people who are content with a 2-4 record. I bet you can't find them.

Riley is content with it. Ever watch his post game pressers? He just said we have a "good" football team and I "like" our team. Eichorst just said he "likes where we're at." And there have been a few people on here claiming they're willing to give MR a few years. Of what? 3-9, 5-7, 6-6?

BS

Riley is content with it. Ever watch his post game pressers? He just said we have a "good" football team and I "like" our team. Eichorst just said he "likes where we're at." And there have been a few people on here claiming they're willing to give MR a few years. Of what? 3-9, 5-7, 6-6?

I'm willing to give Riley a few years, because that's what sane and common practice calls for. You don't shitcan a guy six or twelve games into his tenure. That doesn't mean I'm satisfied with our current record. Those aren't mutually exclusive things.

• Fire 2

BS

which fan said they were content.? and I will still say BS on your post.

• Fire 1

Not if the fans stop showing up and it becomes blatantly obvious the AD is having to fudge the sellout streak.

Not if the fans start lambasting Eichorst, et al, publicly in the media.

Not if the fans stop buying merchandise and vote with their wallets.

Not if the fans stop buying tickets to the games and don't attend.

Vote with your feet and wallets. Make it a point to lambaste the coaching staff and the AD for employing them when it's painfully obvious they're not able to do the job they were hired for.

There is no excuse for dropping the BYU, Wisky, or Illinois games. None. And anyone pumping sunshine and saying the staff needs time makes it THAT much harder for DoNU to come back and recover after folks finally wise up and jettison Riley and his staff. Hires like Harbaugh make it painfully obvious that quality coaching *DOES* matter, and it is available. We just need competent leadership to go out and get it.

Maybe, just maybe, talent matters...

Here's a thought. The last coaching staff said they needed to get better and coach the players. Now fans are saying the coaches are horrible. The current staff as a whole has probably forgotten more than the old staff knew. I don't know what the answers are with Riley and his staff but maybe our players just aren't that good? The most talented players on the offense seem like they're all freshman or sophomores except Jordan. Newby wouldn't start for very many teams in the big 10.

• Fire 1

To assume anyone is content with 2-4 is absurd. However, if you cann another coach right now, your not replacing him with anything thats going to be better. Mack Brown, has been likes would be the the only types that would entertain the thought.

Scott Frost might come in, but now that Oregon can't win, thats even looking dismal. Everyone throws out names that have been there for years, but they haven't showed up here. You think that Patterson would TCU for this? TCU might play for NC this year, and maybe should have last year. Leave that for Nebraska? He is Solich. HE is BO. For years TCU won 9 games a year and on occasion won a meaningful bowl game, but he also had some seasons where they went 7-5. 5-7.

Gruden, here, come on guys, this guy has been there on the docket, and isn't interested in this gig. Do you really realize that if a coach wants a job, their Agent will contact school for an interview. No one is knocking on the door. No one will knock the door until big money boosters put away there checkbooks instead of throwing them on the table every time this program is not winning. The only school in the country that in a 12 year span that has fired two coaches with really good records. Solich and Bo won over 70% of there games. Now new coach, new style and this isn't good enough. Doesn't matter who is coordinating, Watson, Beck or present staff, they have never been good enough. Think about that. No matter who is coaching D or O, the cooordinators suck. OFfense sucks because we don't run like we did 30 years ago, Defense sucks because our secondary can't cover due to lack of coaching. Talent level isnt even close to what elite programs have. We might be comparable to Big 10 West, but that still remains one of the least talented divs in college football.

Wake up, support this regime for another 2 years after this season. There is no savior out there. No one will come here that has a reputation of winning and being a great coach. For the sake of losing a couple of games and being message board firing material after 6 games. Its to bad that Bo wasn't here this season, because I don't think he would fair any better.

Grow up. Big 10 football conference has ruined Nebraska. Don't ever forget that the only reason the Big 10 courted us for there conference was because we weren't a threat t screw there power teams anymore. Blame the school, blame Osborne for installing Solich when Nebraska could have had an elite coach, but I don't even think then it would have happened Who would have wanted to follow Osborne, the ones who have sure haven't faired well regardless who they are!

• Fire 2

Here's a thought. The last coaching staff said they needed to get better and coach the players. Now fans are saying the coaches are horrible. The current staff as a whole has probably forgotten more than the old staff knew. I don't know what the answers are with Riley and his staff but maybe our players just aren't that good? The most talented players on the offense seem like they're all freshman or sophomores except Jordan. Newby wouldn't start for very many teams in the big 10.

Bingo! Bo's 39% miss rate on recruiting have left this program in shambles. We don't have a consistent QB with no real competition behind him and no good RB's as we have been spoiled since Helu, Rex, Ameer. The only way to fix this is to get better talent into the program. Right now it is what it is, a bunch of players that are not good enough to play at this level, but are due to sh**ty recruiting.

Boom! Right there. We as fans refuse to accept that. Look out guys play hard, real hard! Fact of the matter is heart can only get you so far before someone better beats you continuously. Welcome to where we are. We have zero depth behind our starters, who are pretty good mind you. Our backups just are not good enough to overcome the slightest mistake. Unfortunately, we make plenty them. It will get better, need more athletes. Don't worry, be happy!👍🏻