Ashamed

I couldn't agree more with everything the OP has said. I have travelled to other stadiums and seen their fans mock our fan base. The past is just that, the past. There has been little to truly be proud of in the present. We need to win in order to say we have a championship tradition at this point. Our fans are incredible (when we are winning), they were a tremendous asset yesterday. Yet, in some road blow-outs, I see our fans fleeing the stadium at halftime. Maybe there were medical emergencies or something, but in Indy there were none left by the end of the game (except me and a guy whose girlfriend was a Badger)...We have become fair weather fans. Plain and simple.

We are everything we ridicule other fan bases for being.

You ridicule other fan bases? I don't....unless they're throwing piss bombs.

Maybe that is a word you don't understand. Read the board. We (in general) constantly praise ourselves for being better than other fan bases because we don't _____ (fill in the blank, boo, they can't touch our sellout streak, whatever...the list is so long I can't even do it justice). Other fans work hard to buy tickets, gear or whatever to show support for their team. We only truly support winners. It makes us the same. Sorry you can't see that.

You're the guy who just threw an entire fan base under the bus because people who traveled to Indy from Lincoln leave a blowout early. You did exempt people undergoing medical emergencies which is very new age and humanitarian of you.

Husker fans proclaimed themselves as the best fans in college football. No one else did. The athletic department just ran with it to make the fans feel good about themselves so they would keep coming to watch this crap show of a program right now. Husker fans USE to be the best fans but not anymore. The best fans in college football wouldn't of started to leave the game on Saturday after Wisconsin missed that field goal. Husker fans are the most loyal that's all.

Husker fans proclaimed themselves as the best fans in college football. No one else did. The athletic department just ran with it to make the fans feel good about themselves so they would keep coming to watch this crap show of a program right now. Husker fans USE to be the best fans but not anymore. The best fans in college football wouldn't of started to leave the game on Saturday after Wisconsin missed that field goal. Husker fans are the most loyal that's all.

the proclamation may have originated from us but I disagree that nobody else says that we are

Steve Pederson is responsible for the best fans signs, so technically he made the proclamation and we ran with it. That said, we have tons of evidence from visitors that we are far and away the best fans.

Steve Pederson is responsible for the best fans signs, so technically he made the proclamation and we ran with it. That said, we have tons of evidence from visitors that we are far and away the best fans.

I agree with the best fans moniker. There isn't a better fanbase overall. But we damn sure ain't perfect.

• Fire 1

I really need to get this off my chest. I am ASHAMED to call myself a Husker fan right now. I am not ashamed of the TEAM or the COACHING STAFF. I am ashamed of our FAN BASE. We are 6 games into a new era and the supposed "greatest fans in college football", want to fire everyone. It's pathetic if you ask me.

I am amazed at all the D1 coaches, AD's, and Chancellors that we have posting on here. Man, if NU would just hire all of you, we would never lose a game, recruit, or donor. It would be the greatest thing since slice bread. GOOD GOD, get over yourselves.

I am in my late 40's so I have seen the glory years and the hard times, the 70's and early 80's, so I know my Husker football. Thank god we didn't have social media back then, because TO would have left.

I remember my father and grandfather using the phrase, "run two, pass one, punt", when talking about TO's offensive scheme. TO had a vision of what he wanted to do and over 20 YEARS of effort he got it done. It didn't happen in 6 games, it didn't happen in 3-5 years. It took 20 years for him to win the big game. Was he ever, 2-4? No, but he didn't have to deal with a college landscape that we have today. He had guys sitting the bench waiting their turn that would be considered 4* players today. Make no mistake, his teams were loaded with talent.

We need to get a grip and let Riley do his thing. I remember losses like yesterday, last week, and week one. TO had them back in the day. We survived them then and we will survive them now. There is a quote on the stadium wall that reflects the Nebraska way, "Not the victory but the action, not the goal but the game, in the deed the glory", we used to believe in that quote. That is what made us the "greatest fans in college football".

We have lost our way!!!

Win the big game? Riley might need 20 more years to win another game, period.

Cheap shot....low blow...show some class

• Fire 2

If you read what I wrote, I never said anything about being happy with how we are playing. I was talking about the how the fan base is reacting. It used to be about the "boys", now it seems to be about the "fans". The "boys" don't play for us, they play for each other and the team. It used to be about "hard work and determination" now its about 9 wins.

Will we ever be great again, I don't know. However, we keep firing coaching staffs over and over, it will NEVER happen.

We keep hiring AD's who believe 9 wins isn't enough... cant win the games that matter... so now we don't win the games the matter (per our illustrious AD) or most of the others. I have not blamed the kids as the coach is the one in charge. if the kid makes a mistake the coach should own it. Just like the interim coach at Rutgers on the spike on forth down.. True class, true that he told the kid to spike?? who knows. he was responsible, not trying to shed responsibility by saying we called xxx and the QB did yyyy..

As fans who pay for the gear, the tickets, watch games on TV (allowing networks/BIG/NU to charge more for advertising) we do deserve better... period.. Do the kids owe us anything? No, they do play for each other and the team as it should be. Coaches do owe us, we indirectly pay their checks.. If they are performing at a level far below the average they must be held accountable. period. For me that is where I get upset, I could live with 2-4 IF these coaches were not being out coached on a regular basis. For someone who has been coaching for over 40 years, I do expect more.. I watched Mike Riley in San Diego when he was head coach there. The same type of thing happened then as is happing now. close loses, stiff upper lip, things will get better... three years in all and he got canned. couldn't succeed on the big stage. I can tell you that Charger fans heard what a great guy he was and how he was going to do wonderful things in San Diego (sound familiar?). I was hoping that 20+ years since then he would have gotten better but from what I have seen so far, it is more of the same. I really do hope I am wrong here. Will be happy to admit it. As I don't want to see NU lose and I don't want to see a divided locker room or kids start not trusting their coach. Should Riley lose this team, it may/will affect recruiting. not just because of the fans but because of the attitude of the players.. if we have bad recruiting classes, then we may as well hang it up. We will be the Kansas U of the Big Ten. the one team everyone looks forward to playing for that easy W.

I really need to get this off my chest. I am ASHAMED to call myself a Husker fan right now. I am not ashamed of the TEAM or the COACHING STAFF. I am ashamed of our FAN BASE. We are 6 games into a new era and the supposed "greatest fans in college football", want to fire everyone. It's pathetic if you ask me.

I am amazed at all the D1 coaches, AD's, and Chancellors that we have posting on here. Man, if NU would just hire all of you, we would never lose a game, recruit, or donor. It would be the greatest thing since slice bread. GOOD GOD, get over yourselves.

I am in my late 40's so I have seen the glory years and the hard times, the 70's and early 80's, so I know my Husker football. Thank god we didn't have social media back then, because TO would have left.

I remember my father and grandfather using the phrase, "run two, pass one, punt", when talking about TO's offensive scheme. TO had a vision of what he wanted to do and over 20 YEARS of effort he got it done. It didn't happen in 6 games, it didn't happen in 3-5 years. It took 20 years for him to win the big game. Was he ever, 2-4? No, but he didn't have to deal with a college landscape that we have today. He had guys sitting the bench waiting their turn that would be considered 4* players today. Make no mistake, his teams were loaded with talent.

We need to get a grip and let Riley do his thing. I remember losses like yesterday, last week, and week one. TO had them back in the day. We survived them then and we will survive them now. There is a quote on the stadium wall that reflects the Nebraska way, "Not the victory but the action, not the goal but the game, in the deed the glory", we used to believe in that quote. That is what made us the "greatest fans in college football".

We have lost our way!!!

Win the big game? Riley might need 20 more years to win another game, period.

Cheap shot....low blow...show some class

:facepalm: