Riley Supporters Are Wrong

Redux

Jesus this thread is terrible. The same people that want Riley fired are the same ones that bash the players and boo at the games. You're doing nothing but hurting the program and making yourself look like an ass. It's a tough season so far, and luck hadn't been on your side like it has been in the past (see: 2012 season).

The truth is that the coaches aren't perfect and they're working with what they got. The players aren't perfect but they're fighting like hell to win. So get off your f'ing high horse and give them a chance.

sh#t like that article only sets the team back more and hurts the psyche of the players.

Just commenting about the bolded . . .

That is wrong. The people DEFENDING Riley are the ones that are bashing the players in some ill-fated attempt to make excuses for him.

Carry on . . .

ADS isn't wrong. There is no one here blindly defending Riley. Some people here can understand a year of transition and will reserve making toxic comments until next year or the year after.

Some choose to be toxic all the time no matter what.

Dude, come on. Every other thread is trying to show bare the cupboard is and how bad the current players are.

That's not support of the coach. That's admission of a team deficiency.

I support Riley, the coaches, and these players. I've been disappointed with how they've called a couple of games, how they've used players in a couple of games, how they've managed time in a couple of games. But despite our record, I see a lot of things I like.

Give him time. Be patient. If we're still struggling in 3-5 years, then it's time to talk about whether a coaching change is in order. Until then, the point is moot. So continual bitching about it serves no constructive purpose but to spread negativity, antagonize those in the program, and turn off potential recruits.

Jesus this thread is terrible. The same people that want Riley fired are the same ones that bash the players and boo at the games. You're doing nothing but hurting the program and making yourself look like an ass. It's a tough season so far, and luck hadn't been on your side like it has been in the past (see: 2012 season).

The truth is that the coaches aren't perfect and they're working with what they got. The players aren't perfect but they're fighting like hell to win. So get off your f'ing high horse and give them a chance.

sh#t like that article only sets the team back more and hurts the psyche of the players.

That is wrong. The people DEFENDING Riley are the ones that are bashing the players in some ill-fated attempt to make excuses for him.

Carry on . . .

ADS isn't wrong. There is no one here blindly defending Riley. Some people here can understand a year of transition and will reserve making toxic comments until next year or the year after.

The part in bold is important. This is a transition year full of all of the toxins that go with it - including this thread. Yes, I was shocked as everyone when MR was named our coach. I believed it was time for Bo to go - we weren't going to get any better wt him and he was becoming an embarrassments. One bright spot wt the transition, is that unlike previous transition years, we ended up preserving a good recruiting class thanks to MR and his coach's efforts. Last DEC - Jan - were all pumped following the planes of the coaches and were excited that not only did MR retain most of Bo's recruits but brought some other high quality recruits into the class. Will my best wishes were that this class could win the division and get to a good bowl, in the back of my mind I knew there was the possibility of a dumpster fire - there always is in year 1 - that opportunity. I think year 3 is the real year to judge the success of this transition. However, if year 2 ends up like year 1, either MR "retires, resigns, or is fired" or if retained ends up on the hottest hot seat in the nation. However, I would expect a big turn around next year. The most toxic players will graduate off the team, the team gets comfortable wt the playbook, new recruits who are learning MRs system from the beginning, and coaches wise up to the Nebraska culture. etc.

Carry on . . .

Dude, come on. Every other thread is trying to show bare the cupboard is and how bad the current players are.

That's not support of the coach. That's admission of a team deficiency.

Pull the other one.

There is one heck of a lot of internet fans that have absolutely no clue about transition years. They are total wild cards as to what can happen with the team. Sure....everyone can point to a coach here or there that does fantastic the first year he walks into the program. But, there are other coaches who ultimately were successful in a program but the first year was tough.

And...I'm so tired of the...."You've lowered your expectations"...crap. That is just so old and worn out. NOBODY has lowered the long term goals of this program. That is to win championships at every level possible.

• Fire 1

Riley has been through a transition year before. Although he was younger then. He took over an 8-5 Dennis Erickson team at OSU and matched that 8-5 his first year. Then, 7-5 the next year. And then 5-6 the following year.

Then he won 10 the next year!

Woot!

Every coach you think we should have hired has a "transition" year, sometimes in the middle of his stint, and sometimes it's a multi-season trough.

If you want the only coach to post seven consecutive 9 win seasons, he's at Youngstown State because no major program wanted him.

None of this is as obvious as you try to make it.

Riley has been through a transition year before. Although he was younger then. He took over an 8-5 Dennis Erickson team at OSU and matched that 8-5 his first year. Then, 7-5 the next year. And then 5-6 the following year.

Then he won 10 the next year!

Woot!

Every coach you think we should have hired has a "transition" year, sometimes in the middle of his stint, and sometimes it's a multi-season trough.

If you want the only coach to post seven consecutive 9 win seasons, he's at Youngstown State because no major program wanted him.

None of this is as obvious as you try to make it.

Some of it is.

• Fire 1

I am so sick and tired of hearing "We're F----d" and " Fire Riley" and " Who should we get?"....blah-blah-blah.....3 losses in the last minute and one in OT......We're a team in transition......call it growing pains.....whatever the reason you don't get rid of a new coach 6 games into a season because of some close heartbreaking losses......I swear, a lot of Husker fans screaming for Riley's firing, and crying we're screwed, would have been climbing back into the boats at Omaha beach screaming, " It's a lost cause....let's get outta here!"

The problem with you

I am so sick and tired of hearing "We're F----d" and " Fire Riley" and " Who should we get?"....blah-blah-blah.....3 losses in the last minute and one in OT......We're a team in transition......call it growing pains.....whatever the reason you don't get rid of a new coach 6 games into a season because of some close heartbreaking losses......I swear, a lot of Husker fans screaming for Riley's firing, and crying we're screwed, would have been climbing back into the boats at Omaha beach screaming, " It's a lost cause....let's get outta here!"

The problem with your rationale is that we don't have time for a "transition." Most people expected whomever was hired to be able to come in and win right away. At Riley's age, he doesn't have years to turn things around the way a younger coach would.

• Fire 1

What a load of crap that we don't have time for a transition. We do and will have time. Let's say Riley gets it turned around and we are playing very well in the next 4-5 years and then retires. That sets the program up very well for the next coach to come in. That is something we have not had the luxury of the last three coaching changes. Maybe he gets us a conference championship in year 5 then retires. Maybe on that staff is another young coach that is ready step in and take over.

These are the things that are possible that by just saying...."we don't have time for a transition" completely ignores.

What a load of crap that we don't have time for a transition. We do and will have time. Let's say Riley gets it turned around and we are playing very well in the next 4-5 years and then retires. That sets the program up very well for the next coach to come in. That is something we have not had the luxury of the last three coaching changes. Maybe he gets us a conference championship in year 5 then retires. Maybe on that staff is another young coach that is ready step in and take over.

These are the things that are possible that by just saying...."we don't have time for a transition" completely ignores.

3505owi.jpg

• Fire 1