Eichorst.......stays or goes?

Hunter94

If we continue this trend of losing week in and week out, Eichorst will do exactly what Pat Haden did at USC.

Sarkisian wasn't fired for football reasons.

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/college-football/story/_/id/13873288/steve-sarkisian-fired-usc-trojans-head-coach

Things were already on boiling point following the loss to Washington. It was alleged that he would be fired based on record alone until the apparent alcohol problem came to light. That just gave them a better reason to fire him.

What I am saying is if we Nebraska don't win another game or finish 3-9, Eichorst' hand will be forced by boosters and fans. Are we seriously going to give him a mulligan after a horrendous year? I doubt it. I hope things work out but the likelihood of that happening at this rate is not good.

They would give Riley a mulligan if he made the necessary coaching changes to buy himself time. There are a lot of HCs available that could step in tomorrow in coordinator positions if we wanted to go get them...

If we continue this trend of losing week in and week out, Eichorst will do exactly what Pat Haden did at USC.

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/college-football/story/_/id/13873288/steve-sarkisian-fired-usc-trojans-head-coach

Things were already on boiling point following the loss to Washington. It was alleged that he would be fired based on record alone until the apparent alcohol problem came to light. That just gave them a better reason to fire him.

What I am saying is if we Nebraska don't win another game or finish 3-9, Eichorst' hand will be forced by boosters and fans. Are we seriously going to give him a mulligan after a horrendous year? I doubt it. I hope things work out but the likelihood of that happening at this rate is not good.

They would give Riley a mulligan if he made the necessary coaching changes to buy himself time. There are a lot of HCs available that could step in tomorrow in coordinator positions if we wanted to go get them...

It won't happen. Riley is one of the most loyal coaches in the business. I'd be surprised if he decided to put friendships aside and his career first but I don't see that happening should Nebraska continue to decline each week.

It's hard to say what SE will do. I think he does have his sights set on Madison when BA retires. Not sure he would get hired if Lincoln tuns into a dumpster fire. He needs this to work now. If for some reason Riley doesn't work out here, I would hope he would be very careful on the next hire. For instance, I thought he should have looked at some Big 10 assistants or coordinators. Bringing a PAC 12 guy here was kind of a head scratcher. The way to make that work was to hire a top notch DC. We didn't do that for sure.

Are you guys really going to do this already, for the next couple of years? You do realize all you will accomplish is ruining the message board experience for many people. We get it, you don't like Riley. But face facts, he will be here at least through the end of next year. So, I'm asking as nicely as possible, please shut the f#*k up about it already. Go douche it up somewhere else if ya can't. Thank you.

• Fire 1

Riley's getting a mulligan regardless of coaching changes.

OK, let's assume Riley lays turds for 3-4 more years, the fans are pissed.......do we sh#t-can Eichorst or do we let this jerk pick our new head coach again?

OK, let's assume Hunter94 lays turds for 3-4 more hours, the readers are pissed.......do we sh#t-can Hunter94 or do we let this jerk continue to lay turds?

It's hard to say what SE will do. I think he does have his sights set on Madison when BA retires. Not sure he would get hired if Lincoln tuns into a dumpster fire. He needs this to work now. If for some reason Riley doesn't work out here, I would hope he would be very careful on the next hire. For instance, I thought he should have looked at some Big 10 assistants or coordinators. Bringing a PAC 12 guy here was kind of a head scratcher. The way to make that work was to hire a top notch DC. We didn't do that for sure.

Been there, done that. What exactly is the success rate with this plan? While I don't have the facts and figures, it's a lot easier to come up with a list of coordinators who didn't pan out as head coaches than it is to come up with one of coordinators that went on to make great head coaches.

If Urban Meyer would have stayed on at Florida and had a string of seasons like his last, would he have been fired?