This has been posted a thousand times already..but not really

BoNeyard

oh no it's another thread about Mike Riley..

As you all probably know by now, with my short post count probably 96% of them are bashing Riley, the other 4% is where I randomly asked a question about Gameday being in Lincoln.

I have been anti Riley since day one of the announcement, never thought it would work out, the gasoline continued to be poured into my belief with each loss this season.........I live in Oregon and have seen Riley first hand with Oregon State, and know many people who are die hard beaver fans. I even know a few who know Riley pretty well..Nonetheless, I wish I could have them relay the message to Riley that he is far over his head here in Lincoln..

But you know what. Screw me.

The press conferences that came out today, I, one of Riley's biggest doubters and one to lead the mutiny, was inspired. That was awesome. The players, Riley himself, I could see it in their eyes that these guys want it, and they want to turn it around. There might be locker room divide, but those who spoke today are the ones all in on Nebraska and believe in what they are doing.

I am thoroughly impressed with Riley's handling of this debacle of a season. This really is hard on anyone. I cant think of a better way for Riley to earn respect around here then to overcome this heart wrenching start to his new career and finish strong. My goodness what a good story.

And after today, I fully believe Riley can overcome this and this team/program can exit the fire and really really build from this. Seriously, what better way for a program to mold and move into a better direction then to face the adversity they are facing right now.

I am ashamed of myself for how I have had perspective on this team and coaches.

Give them a shot, I​ really think these guys are just one game away from breaking the barrier and doing something special.

This could end up being a special season after all. and if Nebraska can somehow scrape out a bowl game, what great momentum going into next year.

I am sorry for making yet another thread about this, but I had to get this off my chest.

GO BIG RED!

Good post. I haven't been anti-MR from the beginning. After the the loss to Illinois I had convinced myself that he was not the right guy for this job. After some time and a press conference or two, I decided this guy might be the right one for us. Looking back at those losses, it doesn't seem so bad, except for maybe the Illinois loss. I have never seen a team lose games the way this one does. That's probably not a good thing, but I'm willing to give the man some time to try and right the ship.

Of coarse Riley and the players want it. When you are losing games like Nebraska is right now, there is not much more he can say other than what he is saying. You have to keep playing and working and hope that things break your way.

Man, I watch a lot of college football the parity this year is unbelievable. There are a lot of teams that can play football. Everyone thought Illinois was not that good and maybe they aren't. But they gave Iowa all they could want and could have won that game with about 4 minutes left. You have to bring it and play hard all the time.

The problem is when you are losing like NU is right now you just feel as a player or coach that you are snake bit. They need to badly win a game. Win it by 20 or win it by 1. A win right now will be a huge boost.

As you all probably know by now, with my short post count probably 96% of them are bashing Riley, the other 4% is where I randomly asked a question about Gameday being in Lincoln.

I have been anti Riley since day one of the announcement, never thought it would work out, the gasoline continued to be poured into my belief with each loss this season.........I live in Oregon and have seen Riley first hand with Oregon State, and know many people who are die hard beaver fans. I even know a few who know Riley pretty well..Nonetheless, I wish I could have them relay the message to Riley that he is far over his head here in Lincoln..

The press conferences that came out today, I, one of Riley's biggest doubters and one to lead the mutiny, was inspired. That was awesome. The players, Riley himself, I could see it in their eyes that these guys want it, and they want to turn it around. There might be locker room divide, but those who spoke today are the ones all in on Nebraska and believe in what they are doing.

I am thoroughly impressed with Riley's handling of this debacle of a season. This really is hard on anyone. I cant think of a better way for Riley to earn respect around here then to overcome this heart wrenching start to his new career and finish strong. My goodness what a good story.

And after today, I fully believe Riley can overcome this and this team/program can exit the fire and really really build from this. Seriously, what better way for a program to mold and move into a better direction then to face the adversity they are facing right now.

Give them a shot, I​ really think these guys are just one game away from breaking the barrier and doing something special.

This could end up being a special season after all. and if Nebraska can somehow scrape out a bowl game, what great momentum going into next year.

I am sorry for making yet another thread about this, but I had to get this off my chest.

GO BIG RED!

Mods, any clues on who hacked this account?

Joking.

On a more serious note, put aside the past coaches, the state of recruiting the last few years, the talent, excetera, and think on this:

In 2012, Michigan State was running a 4-3 quarters defense and a pro style west coast offense. They went 7-6, 3-5 in the B1G. All but one of their losses was by less than a TD, hard fought tough losses. But the coaches weren't fired. There was some grumbling in the fan base, talk about how their players weren't as talented, excetera. And the next year, in 2013, they didn't change their schemes, they tweaked them a bit, but the philosophy was the same. They didn't panic and fire their coaches. They put their faith in their players and staff.

In 2013, MSU went 13-1, 8-0 in the B1G, and had a very nice win over a good Stanford team.

Nebraska runs the ball a little tougher, and we'd look a hell of a lot like that MSU squad. And if they can break out after a bad season with tough, close losses, I'm sure that we could as well.

In 2012, every team that MSU lost to finished ranked, except Iowa. They had an extremely tough schedule.

Thanks for throwing that little turd out there. That is not the point he was making. The point was that they were snake bit and couldn't seem to get over the hump. How bout the 2013 Northwestern team, is that a better comparison. They started 4-0 were looking real good and lost a hart breaker to OSU. They then lost a lot of close games including a hail mary game to Nebraska. Do you like that comparison better?

I am pretty sure Nebraska didn't finish ranked in 2012 either.

The difference between Bo and Riley is how they handle adversity. Everyone complained that when the going got tough, Bo would clam up, blame others and basically the season felt like it was over.

Riley is the opposite... But my concern to this point, is while he says all the right things, we havent seen the improvement to mistakes. We have lost close game after close game that we could have closed out multiple times.

I am not one to jump on Riley this early. I am not happy we are 2-4 but at the end of the day, it isnt that we are being out matched or blown out(outside of the first 3 quarters in Miami).

We also have shown an ability to make adjustments.

At this point, I am ready for Banker to go. He wasnt very good at OSU and he looks vastly over matched here. This will be one of the first tests for Riley. He needs to be able to move past his friends and do what is best for the team.

Riley has a great personality and i think he wants to win... but talk is cheap at this point. I dont care what the captains and him say if they cant fix the problems on the field. IT starts with his OC and DC.

GO BIG RED!

To steal a line from "Billy Madison" and change it a bit.

"Boy am I glad I didn't mute that guy!"

Agreed with a couple other posters as well. I went to the game on Saturday and it's probably my 15th or so game (only 2nd loss) and I was completely in awe. It was the most incredible game I've ever attended. From the "new" tunnel walk, to the atmosphere, to the players getting the crowd excited, to Coach Cav dancing around to "Let Me Clear My Throat."

I'm incredibly optimistic about the future of this program because COACH RILEY GETS IT. #ItsHappening

Agreed with a couple other posters as well. I went to the game on Saturday and it's probably my 15th or so game (only 2nd loss) and I was completely in awe. It was the most incredible game I've ever attended. From the "new" tunnel walk, to the atmosphere, to the players getting the crowd excited, to Coach Cav dancing around to "Let Me Clear My Throat."

I'm incredibly optimistic about the future of this program because COACH RILEY GETS IT. #ItsHappening

That's sooooo fetch!

GO BIG RED!

It's pretty hard to fault die hard beaver fans.

Have to admit, I stopped reading your post the first time because I never got to the good part. Just thought it was another long Riley bashing post.

But...I'm glad I came back and finished reading it.

I completely agree with your thoughts on believing Riley has the right personality and the drive to get this done. I believe he has assembled good teachers for coaches. Sure, there can always be an improvement here and there. But, as a whole, I like this group of coaches.

Fight on!!!!!!

• Fire 1

That would be Go Big Red!!!

Although SC really needs to Fight on! Now.

We all hate where we are right now, but having hope of it changing makes it easier. No matter your take on the coaching staff, everyone on here wants the same thing, and being positive has way more influence than negativity.

Great post to start this off, and it seems obvious it struck a nerve. Good people always try to do the right thing, I think everyone on this board fits that.

That would be Go Big Red!!!

Although SC really needs to Fight on! Now.

We all hate where we are right now, but having hope of it changing makes it easier. No matter your take on the coaching staff, everyone on here wants the same thing, and being positive has way more influence than negativity.

Great post to start this off, and it seems obvious it struck a nerve. Good people always try to do the right thing, I think everyone on this board fits that.

Well....fight on was my message to the team and coaches. Keep fighting for what you want to accomplish.

Is Gangwish a captain? If he isn't it would be nice if the coaches did make him one. Dude is a true Husker.

I really feel this weekend will be the turning corner..a win vs Minnesota would be a huge and a good chance to get momentum going.

I don't want to keep bringing up the past, because it has been mentioned so many times before. But, with Bo this team may be 4-2 or even 5-1...( I dont see this group coming back at all against Miami), but would it really be a 5-1 team we were confident about? No I don't think so. I think it is a 5-1 team like we have had in the past, where we knew the inevitable loss in a big game was coming.

With this staff, the loses have been so close, that the next big game, IE Northwestern and Michigan State, I feel like Nebraska could win them, and it will be a close game regardless of a win or lose.

I am in no way about moral victories, but if you look at how this team has played under this staff they've actually played better over the long haul. Somehow as oddly as it sounds, i feel better about this 2-4 Riley team than a 5-1 Pelini team.

My gut tells me things start clicking this week vs Minnesota. The Gophers are in no way a measuring stick or great this year, but we all know they are well coached and have gotten us the past two years.

This will be a great game.