Michigan State Game

Would it be better to knock off an undefeated MSU or Iowa and still be 4-8 (5-7) and no bowl or get 3 more wins and get the extra time to practice with a bowl game?

Long-term, 3 more wins and a bowl would be better. But how about 5 more wins and get everything?

Ha, right. My OP was meant as, I expect us to for sure beat Purdue and Rutgers. Should beat NW and hopefully set us up to upset Iowa and MSU to make it a pretty fun end to the season. This would put us in a pretty decent bowl game if those things happen.

Would it be better to knock off an undefeated MSU or Iowa and still be 4-8 (5-7) and no bowl or get 3 more wins and get the extra time to practice with a bowl game?

Long-term, 3 more wins and a bowl would be better. But how about 5 more wins and get everything?

Ha, right. My OP was meant as, I expect us to for sure beat Purdue and Rutgers. Should beat NW and hopefully set us up to upset Iowa and MSU to make it a pretty fun end to the season. This would put us in a pretty decent bowl game if those things happen.

I doubt either MSU or Iwoa lose before they play us. So MSU will be top-5, and Iowa will be top-10 and maybe top-5, by the time we play. If we could beat both of them, and win those other three games, this would go down as an exceptional season. If we were to also win a good bowl, we might finish ranked higher than at any time since probably what, 2001?

All I'm sayin is, NW is very capable of beating us if we don't come to play. So I'd hate for our fantasy season to end this weekend. If we beat NW, we can dream for another week. :D

Can't wait for the Iowa game. Putting aside the record and the opponent, a big game is a big game, and for us, every game left is a big game.

Day after thanksgiving, son will be home after 8 years in the Air Force and will be there with me. It truly does not get much better than that.

God----home----country------family------and Husker Football. Can't wait.

As for Michigan State. To garner attention, you have to have people's attention. Playing and undefeated Mich St will have people's attention for sure. As much as I'd like to think the game against the Golden Girls was a big turnaround in the program, I'm still a realist. Beating Sparty is a big task. But I don't think we'll get embarrassed. There is no such thing as a moral victory, but games like losing to Miami in the Orange Bowl on the two point play, those can be marked as turning points.

So, before those things fall in to place, I am excited to see how we do against NW. Even that is still a pretty tall task. Show me heart and progress. I am ready.

• Fire 1

One game at a time, focus on this week's opponent. If we look ahead and focus on MSU we will be beaten next week.

Man the argument is tired.

WE ARENT ON THE TEAM. We can look ahead as much as we want. I guarantee you there are GAs and assistants already breaking down all of these teams, game week for that team or not.

I worry a little bit about the players seeing fans looking ahead, and then getting those ideas in their heads themselves. Social media has made this a lot different than 20 years ago.

Wasn't it just 2011 where we had players admit they weren't taking NW seriously?

One game at a time, focus on this week's opponent. If we look ahead and focus on MSU we will be beaten next week.

WE ARENT ON THE TEAM. We can look ahead as much as we want. I guarantee you there are GAs and assistants already breaking down all of these teams, game week for that team or not.

Good point. This is a place people come to express ideas and talk BS about the team.

Good point. This is a place people come to express ideas and talk BS about the team.

And the things that get discussed on here and other internet conversations have an effect on the actual program of players/coaches/staff/etc.

It's probably harmless, but there's a little chance that it could not be, and that should give people enough incentive to go at the same pace as our players and not get ahead of ourselves.

• Fire 1

And the things that get discussed on here and other internet conversations have an effect on the actual program of players/coaches/staff/etc.

It's probably harmless, but there's a little chance that it could not be, and that should give people enough incentive to go at the same pace as our players and not get ahead of ourselves.

The goal of my post was not to look ahead to those two games, it was to look ahead to a positive rest of the season. Still many good things can happen for our program from here on out. I'm all about the NW game, just pumped for hopefully a couple major games later on as well.

If you can't understand that, then whatever.

Can't wait for the Iowa game. Putting aside the record and the opponent, a big game is a big game, and for us, every game left is a big game.

Day after thanksgiving, son will be home after 8 years in the Air Force and will be there with me. It truly does not get much better than that.

As for Michigan State. To garner attention, you have to have people's attention. Playing and undefeated Mich St will have people's attention for sure. As much as I'd like to think the game against the Golden Girls was a big turnaround in the program, I'm still a realist. Beating Sparty is a big task. But I don't think we'll get embarrassed. There is no such thing as a moral victory, but games like losing to Miami in the Orange Bowl on the two point play, those can be marked as turning points.

So, before those things fall in to place, I am excited to see how we do against NW. Even that is still a pretty tall task. Show me heart and progress. I am ready.

Gramps, Canes don't play in the OB anymore... lol :)

Gramps, Canes don't play in the OB anymore... lol :)

He's talking about the 1984 Orange Bowl. ...lol

This game is a few weeks away and lots of crazy things can happen now until Sparty. Right now I'm feeling good at this point and I think if the pass defense improves and we stay healthy and get MRI as well as others to 100 percent we will definitely have a chance in this game. Also if the offense continues to put up 40 plus that will help us out if we find a rhythm to put points on the board.

The goal of my post was not to look ahead to those two games, it was to look ahead to a positive rest of the season. Still many good things can happen for our program from here on out. I'm all about the NW game, just pumped for hopefully a couple major games later on as well.

If you can't understand that, then whatever.

Of course I understand that. Hell, I do the same thing. And so do the players. I understand it when I know that some of the guys on the team are already getting over excited about ending the season with glory when they've got a game against NW this week. It happens. We're all humans.