Northwestern Game: What Did We Learn?

Branno

I didn't learn much but we're not terrible. Only lost by two, should've won by 14, ...

At some point, if you never do what you "should" do, perhaps it's incorrect to be saying you "should" do it.

Yeah, good point. When the casual observer can see it's there for the taking and the coaching staff never makes any changes, you have to wonder. But this is our staff and team for at least the next season and a half ,so let's hope for the best.

I learned that I am very happy that we have MR, instead of the dumpster fire of a HC NW has, regardless if they win or not NW has a horrible HC. Just a clown.

Also that the refs hate NW more then they hate us.

I learned that I am very happy that we have MR, instead of the dumpster fire of a HC NW has, regardless if they win or not NW has a horrible HC. Just a clown.

Not sure if serious.

first part semi srs last part total cerial. That HC is a laughing stock jerk, the way he kept using a live mic to swear on the air etc etc etc

For all the talk early on about TA's "improvement", I think we can see that there hasn't been any.

His completion percentage is the same as it was last year. His yards per attempt is actually down half a yard from last year. His QB rating is down from last year. His yardage is up because we're throwing it 9 more times per game (for some reason).

And we still have our two toughest games yet to be played.

Nebraska is giving up 5.96 yards per play in eight games this season. The 2007 defense that cost half of North Stadium their jobs gave up 6.08 yards per play. No other defense in the post-Tom Osborne era is close to this leaky.

OWH

So right now we're just over 4 INCHES per play better than the 2007 defense.