Next Week...If Not Tommy, Who?

Why are people so against pulling Tommy? The season is over. There's an extremely strong chance we won't be bowl eligible. Why not give another guy a chance? How can people say Tommy is our best option when no other quarterback has played a down?

To who? Darlington is too fragile. Fyfe isn't realistically a legitimate option. Broekmeir is to inexperienced. Bush isn't ready.

Tommy is it folks.

Patrick Obrien is his only threat at taking starter away and he hasn't enrolled yet.

At this point, anything meaningful we could get out of this season has already passed us by. I don't see any reason why we couldn't experiment with personnel. Give Darlington or Bush a try. Honestly, what's the worst that could happen?

Beau Davis, anyone? I think it took 5 series before he got to a 3 & out without a turnover.

If someone is reasonably ready, though, I have no problem going with him. I suspect we may be more likely to see a Beau Davis repeat than a Joe Ganz. Actually, we won't, because I doubt Riley would put anyone out there who truly was that unready.

Maybe I'm being too cynical but it comes from watching todays game. The line doesn't necessarily have to block well on running plays. The running back is going to be tackled either way. If they don't block on pass plays, Tommy could get seriously hurt. If the coaches replace Tommy with someone else, will the replacement get the same protection?

Use Armstrong properly and design plays around his strengths instead of pretending he's Tom Brady.

Literally nobody on this staff knows how to do this. They need a massive talent influx to cover up average to bad coaching. Except Bray. Dudes awesome.

Agree with Bray. He has done a great job. Williams as well IMO. Although where has Morgan gone? We have a good stable of guys, their drops are increasing, but as a whole with a 60-65% QB, they'd be lights out. Of course if they caught those 7 drops today.............