OWH: Huskers Could Make Bowl at 5-7

Mavric

My thoughts the right to appear in a owl is an earned privilege. If this team finished with only5 wins, personally I do not feel they earned the right to play in a bowl, especially given the S O S.

I am fully cognizant of the advances of an extra 30 days of practice and exposure for recruiting a bowl appearance provides.

Just my opinion

My thoughts the right to appear in a owl is an earned privilege. If this team finished with only5 wins, personally I do not feel they earned the right to play in a bowl, especially given the S O S.

I am fully cognizant of the advances of an extra 30 days of practice and exposure for recruiting a bowl appearance provides.

Just my opinion

I'm of the same opinion.

Growing up, not everyone got a bowl.

It was a reward for a great year.

The record needed is so much lower now.

Those extra practices will be huge going into year 2.

NU with 5 wins probably gets a bowl still.

Our traveling fanbase is attractive.

The days of there only being "meaningful" bowl games are long, long gone. Nebraska at 5-7 will be better than many of the 6-6 and 7-5 teams who will be in bowls. I like having a bowl game available to watch every night in the last couple weeks of December, with multiple games on weekends and holidays. I like it even better when Nebraska is one of those games. I also like that the team will get more practices during that time. It's a real inequity that some teams get more practices, while the teams that need them most to get better are not allowed. The strong get stronger, the weak get weaker.

• Fire 1

Bowl games are more for the local Chamber of Commerce members to boost tourism than for football teams. This is why the number of bowls exploded. The money from the fans whose teams are 5-7 spends just the same as 12-0 teams.

I think a lot of lesser bowls would like to see the Husker team (and their fans that travel well) rather than Northwestern, whose fans don't.

The whole bowl system irks me. So much backstabbing and politicking and wasted money and shady dealings go on behind the scenes.

There was a lot more of that going on in the olden days you long for. Bear Bryant and some nameless guys who ran the major bowls controlled matchups and therefore who had a shot at #1. Now at least we know the people on the committee who control these things and it's more out in the open.

• Fire 1

The whole bowl system irks me. So much backstabbing and politicking and wasted money and shady dealings go on behind the scenes.

There was a lot more of that going on in the olden days you long for. Bear Bryant and some nameless guys who ran the major bowls controlled matchups and therefore who had a shot at #1. Now at least we know the people on the committee who control these things and it's more out in the open.

No way, it's worse off now than it ever was. Fiesta Bowl scandal just a few short years ago is proof of that.