College Football Matrix: Anti-Coach Effect

Mavric

Holy crap, that's the best joke I've heard all day.

There are actually people that are so uneducated and clueless that they actually believe Bo Pelini is a better coach than Mike Riley. That one has me rolling pretty good. Thanks for that.

I wonder what it would be like to be so simple minded that you'd believe that just because one coach won 9 games and one coach has 3 wins, that that automatically means the 9 win coach is the better football coach. Oh, the bliss that comes with absolute ignorance. I wish I could step back in time to a place where I was once immature and didn' t have to use my brain.

If we are going to completely throw out wins and losses, which might seem like an important indicator, what is your criteria to determine if one coach is better than the other?

Why would we throw out wins and losses?

There are actually people that are so uneducated and clueless that they actually believe Bo Pelini is a better coach than Mike Riley. That one has me rolling pretty good. Thanks for that.

I wonder what it would be like to be so simple minded that you'd believe that just because one coach won 9 games and one coach has 3 wins, that that automatically means the 9 win coach is the better football coach. Oh, the bliss that comes with absolute ignorance. I wish I could step back in time to a place where I was once immature and didn' t have to use my brain.

It'd be a small step for some.

Oh, and while you're back there, go ahead check out past records.

And maybe learn gazintas using 3 and 9.

• Fire 3

It'd be a small step for some.

Oh, and while you're back there, go ahead check out past records.

And maybe learn gazintas using 3 and 9.

That step has already been taken.

• Fire 1

People who call out a dropped pass (which was on a TD drive anyway) and a dropped interception are desparate apologists looking for any excuse they can find. Missing the forest for the trees is what that is.

I'm with you.....I get tired of hearing "but all the dropped passes". Well, stop passing 49 flippin' times.

How about the receivers start making catches? That's why they are one the team right? To catch the damn ball?

People who call out a dropped pass (which was on a TD drive anyway) and a dropped interception are desparate apologists looking for any excuse they can find. Missing the forest for the trees is what that is.

I'm with you.....I get tired of hearing "but all the dropped passes". Well, stop passing 49 flippin' times.

How about the receivers start making catches? That's why they are one the team right? To catch the damn ball?

Receivers at all levels drop balls. It's part of the game. Funny thing is, on each possession where there was a drop, save one that I recall, NU came away with a score. So, again, you're focusing on the wrong stuff.

Oh, the bliss that comes with absolute ignorance. Sounds like you might know a little bit about this "bliss". Could you enlighten us some more? You make it sound almost Buddha-like. I want to hear more about it.

• Fire 1

If we are going to completely throw out wins and losses, which might seem like an important indicator, what is your criteria to determine if one coach is better than the other?

Why would we throw out wins and losses?

Be my guest, include wins and losses.

If I worked for The Onion and my assignment was to write an article satirizing the thoughts of Bo obsessed Riley apologists, there is no way I could possibly improve on your work here in this post. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

• Fire 4

The only relevant criteria possible would be ass-kissing (fans and boss). That's the only criteria where Riley is better than Bo. Of course, I have to concede that he is WAAAAAY better than Bo at that one.

• Fire 2

Last I checked, Bo Pelini took over a 7-5 Youngstown State team, brought in a couple of his own big time Power 5 players, and has elevated the Penguins to a 3-4 record while complaining that the stands at their 14,000 seat stadium are only half full.

Until he loses 5 games, he's a better coach than Mike Riley.

That's not my opinion, people. That's just straight up math.

Last I checked, Bo Pelini took over a 7-5 Youngstown State team, brought in a couple of his own big time Power 5 players, and has elevated the Penguins to a 3-4 record while complaining that the stands at their 14,000 seat stadium are only half full.

Until he loses 5 games, he's a better coach than Mike Riley.

That's not my opinion, people. That's just straight up math.

Last year, Youngstown lost their last three games to finish 7-5. They were on a downward spiral.

And unlike Riley, Bo still has a chance to improve on the previous season's record.