Fan Expectations

soup

What are fan expectations?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mean, I had to pick B. We did A for 7 straight years and SE made it clear that wasn't good enough. Lets see a stride towards thay 14-0 though please.

A stride? I hope they get the chance to equal it...

Well I was thinking a stride as in finishing this disappointing season strongly.

Should have option C, go from 9-10 wins a year to 5 wins on average for 5 years and be regularly out coached.

Love to be wrong as we have Riley for at least two more years.. don't know if NU fans can take a mediocre coach who career record suggests he's more likely to win 5-6 games a year. Note: Riley was at OSU long before OR got rolling, his record didn't change much.. its a hollow argument to point to last 6 years and say he couldn't compete with rich OR...

I mean, I had to pick B. We did A for 7 straight years and SE made it clear that wasn't good enough. Lets see a stride towards thay 14-0 though please.

No no, he wants to see STRIPES towards the 14-0 season.
Maybe, but I am pretty sure we have had enough STRIFE to last us for awhile as we go through our battles.

Well I was thinking a stride as in finishing this disappointing season strongly.
Sure, you mean they need to get better and better...

I'm not sure about 14-0, but I definitely expect a conference championship within 5 years. If not, try someone else.

Do you believe Riley can lead Nebraska to a championship within 6 years? No. Hell no.

You might also ask - Do you believe any other coach could lead us to a championship with 6 years? Yes

If so, name him: Too many to list, but I've mentioned many of them in past threads.

My expectations are years 3, 4, 5 to be a better team than we've been since 2001. Usually ranked. Some top 10 rankings. No expectation at all of winning the BIG since getting better than OSU, Mich, and Mich State will be quite a challenge (but sure it's a goal). That is I suspect roughly the median of Husker fandom expectations.

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

7-0 / 4-0 (in the hunt for the playoff)

Did not win 70% of his games in the first three seasons. Barely got there in year four (71%). Apparently not fired after 8 games. The Tiger board must have been going crazy by game 9 and 10. Yet somehow Clemson is being talked about as a possible contender this year. And no one is looking back at his first few seasons to discredit what they are accomplishing today, this year, in the moment. Good for them. Would switch places with them in a NY minute (including our past 7 years of winning 9 or 10 games while losing 4 every time)

• Fire 3

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

Did not win 70% of his games in the first three seasons. Barely got there in year four (71%). Apparently not fired after 8 games. The Tiger board must have been going crazy by game 9 and 10. Yet somehow Clemson is being talked about as a possible contender this year. And no one is looking back at his first few seasons to discredit what they are accomplishing today, this year, in the moment. Good for them. Would switch places with them in a NY minute (including our past 7 years of winning 9 or 10 games while losing 4 every time)

I mean.....you do see a clear difference in how Dabo started out versus how Riley has started out, right?

• Fire 1

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

I mean.....you do see a clear difference in how Dabo started out versus how Riley has started out, right?

Take it for what it's worth bud. Read it again if you want, or don't.

No expectations, no demands, still happiest person on earth that the past head coach is gone. Give it some time, many things wrong with the program, firing the new coach is not the answer at this time. Needs our support, not whaaa we did not win, I quit! Some of you are saying the team quit on us, and in turn you and your friends are quitting on the team.

We are rapidly becoming exactly what Bozo called us. Sad to say he may have been right.

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

Interesting parallel. I'm sure there are many other similar examples out there where sticking with a coach through early adversity paid dividends.

I bet most of those examples were not at traditional power schools, though. I think a 3rd year losing season gets you fired at a lot of places, including here.

I think that until we are back to being a top 20 recruiting team we need to pump the breaks on top 15 expectations, like it or not

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

Let's not forget that Dabo has Venables (who started in 2012). His first season was the last that the defensive side of the ball wasn't their most accomplished, in terms of statistics. p.s. - Brian Kelly's Irish started 4-4 in his inaugural season and there have been ups and downs since. They don't have the power running game they did under Lou but they're an exciting team to watch on both sides of the ball.

Sure, you mean they need to get better and better...

Ideally until they are a team that can't be beat.