Overtime: Purdue Post-game Overreaction

Mavric

I guarantee all that will happen is that Eichorst will tell Riley that staff changes must be made, Riley will say ok, and that will be enough to satisfy the suits for now.

No, Riley won't be asked to clean house. This option isn't even on the table.

Are you serious? Of course that's what he'll be told.

I guarantee all that will happen is that Eichorst will tell Riley that staff changes must be made, Riley will say ok, and that will be enough to satisfy the suits for now.

No, Riley won't be asked to clean house. This option isn't even on the table.

Are you serious? Of course that's what he'll be told.

Unless both of you have direct evidence to share about this situation, your comments are opinion-based only. Let's try not to pass opinion as fact.

During the post game presser, Riley said, "I think that's what they need the most right now, just some more coaching."

That's like saying, "I think that's what that alcoholic needs the most right now, just some more beer."

Please resign, Mr. Riley. The players do not need any more of your coaching. You've done enough damage.

Edited by Thanks_Tom RR
Postgame overreactions go to Overtime. Merged.

During the post game presser, Riley said, "I think that's what they need the most right now, just some more coaching."

That's like saying, "I think that's what that alcoholic needs the most right now, just some more beer."

Please resign, Mr. Riley. The players do not need any more of your coaching. You've done enough damage.

In over his head.....

I tell you, I keep reading these and the more I think the starters on offense and defense, especially defense aren't buying into Riley's coaching and are still stuck on what Bo preached and coached. Mike Riley doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will bench a guy because he isn't listening to the playcalls or does his own thing out on the field.

Just my 2 cents.

I think for the most part these players are 'buying' what Riley is selling but they simply can't execute. Bo repeatedly declared "poor execution" and he was right. The players did not execute what they were told to do. It is not nearly as complicated as many want to make it out to be. We are NOT a good football teama and that has been the case for a LONG time. The deterioration was dramatic and team wide as early as 2001 and bottomed out finally in 2015. There were a few minor ups and downs but Nebraska has never been a top ten team since 2000 honestly. The Bo years, we probably averaged around #40. today we are #75. Last year we were 65th and we lost a few key players that we are really missing, particularly with the injuries, etc. Our cupboard is so bare that we literally have NO capable back ups in numerous positions.

There is NOTHING wrong with our program that a dramatic upgrade in talent won't fix and fix fairly quickly. However, absent the ability to give out 50 scholarships to top 100 level players for three consecutive years, we won't be able to be a national title contender within the next 5 years. We don't have any all conference level players in most positions, let alone all Americans. We have some possible honorable mentions, perhaps two or three, at best.

We are 3-6 for the first time ever. Time for the excuses to stop. Something has got to give.

It's bad, but there's no reason to make up "facts". 1958. Yeah, a long time ago. But don't make up things to make it seem even worse.

And before you claim you meant the "first time 3-6 before November" gem, let's not that there are very few years in which we even played 9 games before November.

We are 3-6 for the first time ever. Time for the excuses to stop. Something has got to give.

It's bad, but there's no reason to make up "facts". 1958. Yeah, a long time ago. But don't make up things to make it seem even worse.

And before you claim you meant the "first time 3-6 before November" gem, let's not that there are very few years in which we even played 9 games before November.

Oh man going 3-6 for the first time since Eisenhower was in office sounds way better........

• Fire 1

The one Thing I don't want is to jump straight into another Callahan. I have always knew Riley was a mediocre hire. In what 12 years his best season was our average. At this point give him 1-2 more years............while we find the right guy (by that I mean the right Chancellor who can pick a better AD who can pick a better coach) . I never wanted Pelini fired. Stiff fines/discipline yes but fire no. It is becoming obvious to me that when Bo was Crying about not getting any support after Dr. Tom left he was telling the truth. Shawn E. had his plan regardless of the sense it made.

Oh man going 3-6 for the first time since Eisenhower was in office sounds way better........

Actually, it was 1960, 61 if you take 3-6-1. No, it doesn't sound a whole lot better. I just don't see why people have to make sh#t up and present it as fact. In reality, it just shows how incredibly successful and consistent Devaney and Osborne were, and in my opinion, how that kept the momentum going for years after their era.