Tommy didn't travel with the team

they cleared it up on 1620. He woulda counted towards the 70 limit, unless they get a waiver. they chose not to pursue the waiver. They needed all 70 in uniform. Do with it what you will.

Ever since it was announced that he didn't make the trip, I thought it was weird that he wouldn't travel with the team as well. Considering Riley confirmed last week that he does not sub the Oline for continuity, I don't see how Tommy couldn't get one of the 70 spots to be with the team.

Help him how? It's not like tommy was going to hold his hand and tell him not to throw 4 ints. Laughable that this sh#t gets brought back on tommy. You've got to be effing kidding me.

How is it brought back on Tommy? LOL

It's a slight on the coach. Good lord, some people are just special, you know?

My mistake read the original post as a dig at Tommy.

they cleared it up on 1620. He woulda counted towards the 70 limit, unless they get a waiver. they chose not to pursue the waiver. They needed all 70 in uniform. Do with it what you will.

Count, pretty sure only underclassmen count to the 70 in this conference. Injured seniors do not. Its a stupid rule.

And I agree he should have been there regardless.

Well I found it very interesting at 630 am when Davision said it. But I wanted to know the rule and such first.

Still not sure why TA couldn't play. Was the injured toe on his back foot and hampered his throwing motion? Surely it couldn't have been based on his ability to run, because we don't have him do that much anymore. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Turf toe is a weird injury. Hypothetically, you can always play through it, because it doesn't physically disable your body, it's purely a pain management scenario, but it can wreck even the best and toughest athletes. Imagine trying to do anything on a football field where your toe literally feels on fire every time you take a step or shift your weight.

Still not sure why TA couldn't play. Was the injured toe on his back foot and hampered his throwing motion? Surely it couldn't have been based on his ability to run, because we don't have him do that much anymore. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Turf toe is a weird injury. Hypothetically, you can always play through it, because it doesn't physically disable your body, it's purely a pain management scenario, but it can wreck even the best and toughest athletes. Imagine trying to do anything on a football field where your toe literally feels on fire every time you take a step or shift your weight.

I'm probably being a bit harsh on TA but it frustrates me that MR refuses to embrace the things TA excels at...it's the fricking wasted potential that I do have sympathy for TA over. Aside from that, I'm not sure I buy Riley's statement over why he sat home. This is the first game Tommy sat for and I just don't see him letting a painful toe stop the kid.