This Beaver feels your pain

Losing close games you coulda/shoulda won. Losing to bad teams like Purdue..

It's not Riley per se. It's Banker. He is terrible! It's Riley who wouldn't fire him in Corvallis, and I am sure he has the same attitude now! Rumor mill out here is that at the end of last season AD 'suggested' that Banker be let go..Riley refused…Got the offer from you fine folks and left. Which was a true blessing for us as we don't have the resources to pay off his 'lifetime' contract.

Get rid of Banker..Riley will be good for you!

• Fire 1

If he decides to be stubborn, he'll be let go just like the last two coaches were. Callahan wouldn't fire his friends, he was fired. Bo wouldn't fire his friends and was a a-hole, he was fired. Mike Riley..................balls in your court dude. We demand wins right, wrong, or indifferent and he won't last at this point.

If he decides to be stubborn, he'll be let go just like the last two coaches were. Callahan wouldn't fire his friends, he was fired. Bo wouldn't fire his friends and was a a-hole, he was fired. Mike Riley..................balls in your court dude. We demand wins right, wrong, or indifferent and he won't last at this point.

By the time the time came for callahan to have legit reason to fire any of his staff (end of '07. Defense, team was solid in '06. future was looking good) it was too late for all of them. The whole house was on fire.

I would agree that Banker is a huge part of the problem. But, if Riley can't come to that conclusion and fix the problem on his own as head coach, then he is the biggest problem. The buck stops with the head coach. Period.

I completely agree with this. If you don't have the guts to fire a worthless performer, not under-performer, but completely useless, then you do not need to be the leader. By the way, our offense and special teams also stink, the exception is a great punter.

Yet I can go throuugh and put the blame of half our losses mostly on the offense, or lack there of.

team losses. Team wins.

Thoughts on Bruce Read? Cuz his ROI on a near half mill is severely in the RED right now..

Read should be fired today. if Riley doesn't fire some of his buddies at the end of the season fan apathy will be unreal.

Sorry, but I don't believe that Banker is the heart of the problem; he's just one of many. Riley looks like a deer in the headlights out there and is clearly in over his head.

I agree with this.

We see the same reaction from Riley to adjustments by his staff on both sides of the ball. It may be even more apparent to us fans because he gets more direct questions by the media towards offensive decisions than he does defensive decisions.

Why is it that Nebraska having to go with its 2nd string QB means 5 horrendous turnovers off of which Purdue scored 28 points? Why is it that missing your best offensive lineman, two solid receivers, the starting RB, the leading tackler (S) and the top CB mean Nebraska can't overcome said point-gifting mistakes?

I mean, who recruited these guys? Injuries are part of the game.

*In fairness, not even Michigan State would have prevailed with the way points were being given to Purdue left and right. Credit Fyfe and the Huskers for fighting back as hard as they could, but between not having enough and continuing to make more mistakes, it was a losing effort.

• Fire 1

Why is it that Nebraska having to go with its 2nd string QB means 5 horrendous turnovers off of which Purdue scored 28 points? Why is it that missing your best offensive lineman, two solid receivers, the starting RB, the leading tackler (S) and the top CB mean Nebraska can't overcome said point-gifting mistakes?

I mean, who recruited these guys? Injuries are part of the game.

*In fairness, not even Michigan State would have prevailed with the way points were being given to Purdue left and right. Credit Fyfe and the Huskers for fighting back as hard as they could, but between not having enough and continuing to make more mistakes, it was a losing effort.

unfortunately they don't want to hear this. It doesn't fit the theme of fire everybody.