Worst loss in Husker history?

QMany

Off of the top of my head, considering the quality of opponent and score, I can't think of a worse loss.

Purdue only won one Big Ten game in the past three seasons (Illinois 2014).

Purdue hadn't won a Big Ten game at home since 2012 (Indiana).

Purdue only won one game this year (Indiana State).

Purdue scored 55 and blew us out.

Purdue.

Iowa St in 92 was a much bigger gap in talent between teams. I don't think we even had any turnovers in that game to put blame on, and Frazier may have been a freshman but he had more experience that Fyfe.

The 70-10 Texas Tech game was just a shell shocker. They were certainly better, but they had their way with us and didn't even buy us dinner.

This was a bad loss but with some key injuries it wasn't really a huge surprise to me.

• Fire 1

2007 to Oklahoma State was always the one that stung for me.

I had that same helpless feeling watching this game.

Ha! That's funny you say that. I texted my buddy that during the game. I hadn't felt like this since the Oklahoma State game in 2007. Of course then were were 2 years out of high school and back home that weekend. We decided to chase turkeys around town with a golf cart instead of watch the second half that day.

I'm trying to think of a worse team that beat Nebraska, and I can't. ISU 92 and maybe Syracuse are the only two close at least in my lifetime.

Syracuse 84? They went 6-5 that year, and 6-5 the year before when we beat them 63-7. Seemed like a shocker at the time but they weren't terrible. Kind of like how Arizona St shut us out after we stomped them the year before, though it turned out they were a really good team.

The worst I've ever witnessed was 62-36 vs. Colorado. However, that win didn't cripple us on a national level.

Today's loss is about as bad as it gets. Only thing worse would be losing to a D-2 school... fortunately we don't have any of those on our schedule next season.