Worst loss in Husker history?

QMany

2007 to Oklahoma State was always the one that stung for me.

I had that same helpless feeling watching this game.

I was there for that and the one thing that I remember most is people were walking out at halftime and late in the 3rd quarter. I had never seen that before in all my years.

No doubt Riley is going to challenge the players to step up and show what they're made of vs MSU. Instead I picture the Spartans getting up early and the team folding and throwing in the towel, collapsing and giving up.

We're going to get curb stomped. We might just suffer the worst loss at home in our 126 year history. I see MSU hanging 50+ points maybe even 60 and I don't see us putting up more than 24 points on their defense.

By far the worst loss to me was the 2012 B1G Championship. I was so confident we were going to finally win a championship. Who expected us to be down 42-10 at half time? This loss stung because I thought we'd finally break through and Bo would hoist the title and the program would be on the right track.

I don't post much, but have read these threads for a long time...I feel the need to share this insight regarding our current state..

in 1959, 1960 and 1961 Bill Jennings equaled the ineptitude we are currently seeing...

1959 finished 4-6 and lost to 2-8 KState
1960 finished 4-6 and lost to 3-7 OKState
1961 finished 3-6-1 but a 5 win team was the worst record we lost to

1962 enter Bob Devaney, who went 9-2 in his first season, and the rest, as they say, is History...

today's loss to Purdue, who has not won a conference game in two years and is currently 2-6, is the WORST LOSS since 1959.

(all courtesy Wikipedia)

• Fire 1

.....will be next week when they lose by 60 to michigant st on national tv

Except no one in their right mind thinks we will win that game anyway. Except me, I think we will pull it out. Or at least I did until today. Now I'm pretty sure we will not win another game until next season. The lack of expectations exempt the MSU game from being a terrible loss, it's expected. Will it be a blow out? Yes.

Huskers haven't been considered a good team for years - the fans just haven't come to grips with that yet.

Yeah, those 9 and 10 win seasons. Competive bowls against OOC competition.

Yep, NU has always sucked.

Shove your revisionism up SE's tailpipe please.

Nebraska hasn't finished in the Top 10 since 2001 - that is 14 years ago! Revel in the glory days all you want - no one outside of Nebraska cares. Huskers joined the Big 10 because they couldn't win in the Big 12 - now look what has happened.

The worst I've ever witnessed was 62-36 vs. Colorado. However, that win didn't cripple us on a national level.

Today's loss is about as bad as it gets. Only thing worse would be losing to a D-2 school... fortunately we don't have any of those on our schedule next season.

Thanks to Ameer or McNeese State would be on this list. I also vote for the 62-36 to Colorado because that was the first of many ass whippings to come over the next 14 years. That is the day that the Nebraska football that we all knew and loved died. It was also the game when we knew that Frank wasn't going to cut it and we have been looking for an identity and competent coaching staff since.

This loss belongs on the list of all time worst losses. It's nowhere close to the 2012 CCG, given the stage and what was at stake, and just how much of a beat down it was. The 2001 Colorado game was much worse as well.

This one is closer to the 2009 Iowa State or 2015 Illinois games.

I was thinking the 2009 ISU game due to the 35 points off of turnovers. That game we just turned the ball over 4 times inside ISU's five yard line. :(

I would say we've had worse losses, losses that hurt worse. However, losing to Purdue, Illinois, northwestern in the same season is a compound effect and should never ever happen. The equivalent to losing to Iowa state, Kansas and Colorado in the same season in the big 12, absolutely unacceptable.

X2

There needs to be a huge culture chance on this team. That takes time, but we don't know if MR is the right guy to get that done. There are a lot of things working against him internally right now, but we can't be having this kind of performance much longer. The scary part is that the schedule gets much harder next year with Oregon and playing at Wisky and tOSU.

The worst I've ever witnessed was 62-36 vs. Colorado. However, that win didn't cripple us on a national level.

Today's loss is about as bad as it gets. Only thing worse would be losing to a D-2 school... fortunately we don't have any of those on our schedule next season.

Thanks to Ameer or McNeese State would be on this list. I also vote for the 62-36 to Colorado because that was the first of many ass whippings to come over the next 14 years. That is the day that the Nebraska football that we all knew and loved died. It was also the game when we knew that Frank wasn't going to cut it and we have been looking for an identity and competent coaching staff since.

"Knew"

Really? A bad loss causes you to "know" that Frank wasn't going to cut it despite his overall record and experience.

Interesting.

If that's the case, how do we not already know that Riley won't cut it?

• Fire 1