Worst loss in Husker history?

QMany

This not the worst loss in NU history by any stretch. I would tend to say it is the worst loss this year, so far! I am expecting more of the same in the remaining three games. If we lose to Rutgers, that will be the worst loss of this season. But if Iowa scores 55 on us, we won't score more than 24 on them. that will be worse. Michigan State may pound the remaining spark out of us too!

This will be the worst SEASON in modern Husker history without question.

That being said, I don't feel we can blame it all on Riley. He has not done well but this is NOT all his fault. I blame everyone from Tom Osborne for sticking us with Frank Solich who Tom had to know was not Nebraska head coach material and could not recruit on to Eichhorst for hiring Riley if in fact Riley is not capable of doing well at Nebraska. Callahan, Pederson, Byrne, Osborne, Pelini, etc, etc. etc. All of the men who played big roles in Husker football over the past 18 years since 1997 are partly to blame. Riley and company don't escape their fair share but they surely can't bear the bulk of it this quickly. These players were recruited and put in positions by Pelini and his staff. Riley can't remake the entire team in less than 12 months are about 75 practices. The players bear about 50% of the blame in my opinion. current coaches perhaps 15% and 30% reverts back to Pelini. 5% goes back to prior coaches.

Lots of bad decisions have happened. Players have screwed up and made mistakes on and off the field, leaving the team short handed in games, etc. recruits have failed to give their best and some were not good players.

I'm trying to think of a worse team that beat Nebraska, and I can't. ISU 92 and maybe Syracuse are the only two close at least in my lifetime.

Heck, Illinois may have been a worse loss.

But nothing is worse than the NU loss to KU under Callahan. That was the worst since devaney.

Huskers were in the Top 15 last year and a few points shy of beating a very good Michigan St team and breaking the Top 10. One year ago. Have we already forgot?

I'm trying to think of a worse team that beat Nebraska, and I can't. ISU 92 and maybe Syracuse are the only two close at least in my lifetime.

Syracuse 84? They went 6-5 that year, and 6-5 the year before when we beat them 63-7. Seemed like a shocker at the time but they weren't terrible. Kind of like how Arizona St shut us out after we stomped them the year before, though it turned out they were a really good team.

Ah, I'd thought they were 5-6. I want to say that they had a losing record at the time of the game but maybe didn't by the end of that season. I thought of that game for the sheer WTF nature of it.

we might be the worst team in college fb right now. We r not getting better we r getting worse

I have no idea how we beat Minnesota this year. They're not great, but seriously. A struggle to beat Southern Miss, and a blowout of South Alabama are it. Giving up 55 points to Purdue never even entered into my mind coming in to this game.