AD Shawn Eichorst issues a statement

Saunders

They have to keep attendance up. The sellout streak will be hard to defend if the stadium is down 5-10,000 fans in the next game. If they loose the next 2, when Iowa comes to town, it will be hard to say it was a sellout even though technically it was due to season ticket holders buying a ticket but finding something better to do. If they weren't nationally televised games, I'm not sure you get a statement.

Given attendance fluctuations between different games, it's obvious to anyone that can do math, that attendance is not the same as sellout.

Against Iowa I could see thousands of husker season tickets going to Iowa fans. Preserving our sellout, but looking like the year Nebraskans bought all those Notre Dame tickets.

The tickets are sold. If any are left they will be returned from the other school. Those will be bought. Not sure you understand the ticket buying process. The only tickets not sold out this year are any tickets the visiting school returns.

Where did I say "real" fan. I said "normal" fan. The ones that can actually see what is happening, and understand it takes awhile to clean up a shithole of a program that Nebraska football has become over the past 10-15 years. The "normal" fan that doesn't call for the firing of everyone in the athletic department, because people are so impatient, and believe that "by golly, we are Nebraska, we should win by 70 every weekend" The "normal" fan that sees that all of the "real" fans are undermining recruiting and creating a self fulling prophecy of more and more ineptitude that is Nebraska football.

Go ahead, get your wish of Trev Alberts, and Scott Frost or whatever other former players you want in here to run the athletic department. Never mind the fact that you will have permanently set this program back for good, and burned whatever last hope there was of having a return to prominence.

And if you are brain dense enough not to understand what the point of this post is, then you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

Many people over the last 3-4 years of BP's tenure as HC thought the product on the field was not up to Nebraska standards. The product that MR is putting on the field right now is definitely not up to Nebraska's standards. I figured 8-4 at worst this year record wise. Well that is not happening. Looking at our schedule Illinois and Purdue are two teams that Nebraska should not have lost to this year. They are not that good, they just aren't.

I don't expect SE to say anything else than what he just put out. He has to live with his and Harvey's decision. You can't fire someone that was 9-4+ each year and have a losing record the next year. Riley needed to be at least 7-5 on the year. i would give him that. NU is not as good as I thought they would be and some schools, Iowa, NW and BYU are better than I thought they would be. You can take a step back but this is 5 steps back. SE will go down in flames with his decision. He has to it was his call. When you make the wrong call like this you have to go down.

If he and SE and MR survive this year he better hope than Riley goes at least 8-4 next year.

The only place they aren't "surviving" this year is with people who assign too much legitimacy to message boards. :D

----------------------------------------

What the best administrators and coaches have in common is a consistent commitment to teaching young minds to do things the right way and to instill a values system that emphasizes hard work, discipline, loyalty, teamwork, compassion and excellence. Those principles coupled with a positive attitude generally result in championships.

That's quite a culture change from previous regime.

• Fire 2

What the best administrators and coaches have in common is a consistent commitment to teaching young minds to do things the right way and to instill a values system that emphasizes hard work, discipline, loyalty, teamwork, compassion and excellence. Those principles coupled with a positive attitude generally result in championships.

^ Agree. We'll get there -- at least, we won't suffer a program we can't be proud of in the meantime.

Would anyone trade this season for another typical 9-win season under Bo? I suspect many would. I don't see what's all that special about being unranked that makes us Nebraska fans accept that amount of boorishness and lack of class for the guy representing the university, and placed in charge of its student-athletes.

Between the talent and the mentality Bo left in place, I believe a brick-by-brick rebuild is right. Talent wise, no -- even better management and recruiting isn't going to dramatically transform the raw talent blueprint. Mentality wise, the thing more crucial and defining for a team's performance, absolutely and totally.

• Fire 7

They have to keep attendance up. The sellout streak will be hard to defend if the stadium is down 5-10,000 fans in the next game. If they loose the next 2, when Iowa comes to town, it will be hard to say it was a sellout even though technically it was due to season ticket holders buying a ticket but finding something better to do. If they weren't nationally televised games, I'm not sure you get a statement.

Given attendance fluctuations between different games, it's obvious to anyone that can do math, that attendance is not the same as sellout.

Against Iowa I could see thousands of husker season tickets going to Iowa fans. Preserving our sellout, but looking like the year Nebraskans bought all those Notre Dame tickets.

The tickets are sold. If any are left they will be returned from the other school. Those will be bought. Not sure you understand the ticket buying process. The only tickets not sold out this year are any tickets the visiting school returns.

Of course I understand how tickets work and that the sellout streak is intact. The tickets are sold. But in reality, if 20,000 Iowa fans show up for the last game, it's hard to call it a "Nebraska" sellout on TV. The announcers will point it out, the TV panning to all the Blakc and Gold will point it out, and our "sellout" streak will be suspect. That's why they want to make sure Nebraksa fans use the season tickets they purchased. I have access to 8 or 10 if I could go to the next game. The people trying to get rid of them may not even be able to get face value for a top 10 Michigan State coming to a night game in Lincoln.

Iowa has enough fans close to us people can sell thousands of those tickets to Iowa's fanbase and the University will look stupid on National TV. On and off the field.

Executive management is ALWAYS sure that THEIR project, acquisition, idea, etc... will succeed if given unlimited time and resources. Then when it CAN'T turn a profit the CEO is dumped with a huge payday and the rest of the group suffers with the consequences of driving a loser into oblivion.

Such is Shawn Eichorst.

I we get to deal with the embarrassment and carnage of watching OUR program swirl the bowl.

Where did I say "real" fan. I said "normal" fan. The ones that can actually see what is happening, and understand it takes awhile to clean up a shithole of a program that Nebraska football has become over the past 10-15 years. The "normal" fan that doesn't call for the firing of everyone in the athletic department, because people are so impatient, and believe that "by golly, we are Nebraska, we should win by 70 every weekend" The "normal" fan that sees that all of the "real" fans are undermining recruiting and creating a self fulling prophecy of more and more ineptitude that is Nebraska football.

Go ahead, get your wish of Trev Alberts, and Scott Frost or whatever other former players you want in here to run the athletic department. Never mind the fact that you will have permanently set this program back for good, and burned whatever last hope there was of having a return to prominence.

And if you are brain dense enough not to understand what the point of this post is, then you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

Many people over the last 3-4 years of BP's tenure as HC thought the product on the field was not up to Nebraska standards. The product that MR is putting on the field right now is definitely not up to Nebraska's standards. I figured 8-4 at worst this year record wise. Well that is not happening. Looking at our schedule Illinois and Purdue are two teams that Nebraska should not have lost to this year. They are not that good, they just aren't.

I don't expect SE to say anything else than what he just put out. He has to live with his and Harvey's decision. You can't fire someone that was 9-4+ each year and have a losing record the next year. Riley needed to be at least 7-5 on the year. i would give him that. NU is not as good as I thought they would be and some schools, Iowa, NW and BYU are better than I thought they would be. You can take a step back but this is 5 steps back. SE will go down in flames with his decision. He has to it was his call. When you make the wrong call like this you have to go down.

If he and SE and MR survive this year he better hope than Riley goes at least 8-4 next year.

The only place they aren't "surviving" this year is with people who assign too much legitimacy to message boards. :D

You're crazy if you think that the rank and file are happier than the message board fanatics.

Go to ESPN.com and FB to see what "regular" fans think; it does not look good for this admin.

• Fire 1

^ Agree. We'll get there -- at least, we won't suffer a program we can't be proud of in the meantime.

Would anyone trade this season for another typical 9-win season under Bo? I suspect many would. I don't see what's all that special about being unranked that makes us Nebraska fans accept that amount of boorishness and lack of class for the guy representing the university, and placed in charge of its student-athletes.

Between the talent and the mentality Bo left in place, I believe a brick-by-brick rebuild is right. Talent wise, no -- even better management and recruiting isn't going to dramatically transform the raw talent blueprint. Mentality wise, the thing more crucial and defining for a team's performance, absolutely and totally.

Some would trade this season for having Pelini back and being 7-2 or whatever. But a lot of people wouldn't. I'd go 0-12 for years before I wanted Pelini back.

What wasn't apparent to me before the season is that this is a complete rebuilding job from the standpoint of team culture. The lack of depth at some positions has hurt, but we still were physically capable of beating most of the teams this year.

You're crazy if you think that the rank and file are happier than the message board fanatics.

Go to ESPN.com and FB to see what "regular" fans think; it does not look good for this admin.

More social media... I'll even throw in radio show callers, and postal letters- if anyone actually sends them anymore. The rank and file are orders of magnitude less dissatisfied than you, CM. You've been on the same "fire Riley fire Eichorst" schtick from day one- just like all of the Pelini fanclub.

• Fire 1

It has nothing to do with wanting Pelini back, and everything to do with hiring a terrible coach. No one predicted we would be 3-6. If the rebuilding job was so big, then why weren't people predicting a losing season?

• Fire 2

Some would trade this season for having Pelini back and being 7-2 or whatever. But a lot of people wouldn't. I'd go 0-12 for years before I wanted Pelini back.

That's demented.

• Fire 3

"I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships."

Shawn Eichorst, November 30, 2014.

Even Eichorst is calling bulls*** on you (and himself) as of last year. Why you continue to defend him appears to be some sort of demented Stockholm Syndrome, it appears.

• Fire 3