Anyone growing out their beard/mustache for No-Shave-November/Movember?

No shave November: Novembeard

I might give it a whirl. Wife is out of town for a week. Maybe I'll be waiting at the airport with a surprise beard on my face. I shaved this morning. So I'd be starting today.

I started growing one last year around Sept/Oct. I had trimmed it several times, but I finally decided to just let it go. I haven't trimmed it since July and it's really starting to fill in fairly nicely. I have kinda thin sideburns though and I screw them up sometimes when I shave my head.

I would recommend getting/making some beard oil. It'll keep your skin moisturized, your beard soft, and help with any ingrown hairs.

My plan is to grow a beard for a couple weeks, then maybe shave it down to a goatee for a week, then shave it down to a mustache for a week.

Of course, that will probably change when I realize how awful I look and end up shaving it all off after a week. If the beard looks ok, and the mustache area looks like early-Metallica then I won't go with the mustache look.

tumblr_inline_nb6ln1GyHZ1r1sn9t.jpg

The best beard ever, the G.I. Joe beard. Uniform color, length and consistency. Velvety to the touch, but manly in appearance.

Unfortunately, these days my beard looks more like House's beard. Every year it has a little more gray showing. It doesn't have a very consistent texture. It's basically scraggly looking. :hmmph

hugh_laurie_with_beard_answer_1_xlarge.j