National Disrespect For Michigan St Before the Nebraska Game

This Nebraska team is heartbroken by numerous last play losses this year, and it has affected their effort level on the field, which was magnified by the Purdue game. Now, they are going to face easily their toughest opponent at home this coming Saturday, and Husker Nation is collecting itself to try and rally behind their team. However, it seems that national sources are trying to light a fire under Michigan St just before they come to Lincoln.

Why is the CFP committee and Vegas trying grow the permanent chip that is on the shoulder of Michigan St before they come to Nebraska? Vegas sets the line for this game at -4.5 (now between -5.5 and -6.5) in favor of Michigan St. Really? Michigan St, a Top 10 team nationally (Top 1 in the B1G), is only favored by less than a TD versus a 3-6 Nebraska, who is at the bottom of the B1G standings? Also, the CFP Selection Committee releases their first rankings and has an undefeated Michigan St team #7 behind two one-loss teams. This stuff is bulletin board fodder for Michigan St as they prepare for a "rebuilding" Nebraska. Does this give a reason to Dantonio to run up the score on Nebraska, given the chance?

If ever there was a game that Memorial Stadium needs to be roaring and that the Huskers need to come out white hot, it is this Saturday. The goals of this season are lost, so now it is time to play for pride, play the Big Red N, and spoil Sparty's season. GO BIG RED!

In bold: I say he would take every opportunity to run it up.

It would be smart for Michigan State to run up the score if they can. They would like a chance to play for the national championship. It is a beauty contest of course so they need to look as good as possible. Now, if they are up by 40 at the end of the third quarter, it might be a good idea to simply kneel down three snaps and punt all the way through the 4th quarter. That would actually embarrass Nebraska more and make all the TV highlight show and really make all the writers and voters and committee take note. It would be unprecedented but could happen.

I hope we come out and play like crazy and win this one. It could turn things around and get Nebraska immediately on the way back to respectability.

Running up the score wouldn't hurt their cause, but I don't think it helps much, either. Win out and they're most likely in the playoff, but they wouldn't look good against many of the potential one loss teams. Earlier close wins have already done pretty significant damage to their image.

But it all depends on who loses to whom.

I am a Husker fan, have been since 1976, long before Eichorst, Riley, Callahan, Pederson, Pelini, etc, so I will be here long after those guys are gone too. But, I am a bad fan, because I will somewhat be rooting for Sparty this weekend. I, along with most of my family went to Ohio State, so I am a B1G fan as well. Nebraska winning on Saturday will not be good for the big picture of the B1G. Sparty, Iowa and tOSU staying undefeated will be better business for the B1G. If the Huskers were 8-1 heading into this with a chance to win out and win the West, and go on to Indy to face possibly the defending national champs, then different story. But in this lost season, a Husker win will not salve the wounds enough to make me say this is the big step in the right direction. So, at this point, just be 4-8 because a loss to Iowa would keep them most likely unbeaten, address the problems, fix the problems and get ready for next year.

• Fire 1

I am a Husker fan, have been since 1976, long before Eichorst, Riley, Callahan, Pederson, Pelini, etc, so I will be here long after those guys are gone too. But, I am a bad fan, because I will somewhat be rooting for Sparty this weekend. I, along with most of my family went to Ohio State, so I am a B1G fan as well. Nebraska winning on Saturday will not be good for the big picture of the B1G. Sparty, Iowa and tOSU staying undefeated will be better business for the B1G. If the Huskers were 8-1 heading into this with a chance to win out and win the West, and go on to Indy to face possibly the defending national champs, then different story. But in this lost season, a Husker win will not salve the wounds enough to make me say this is the big step in the right direction. So, at this point, just be 4-8 because a loss to Iowa would keep them most likely unbeaten, address the problems, fix the problems and get ready for next year.

Yeah I can't get on board with that line of thinking. If Sparty beats us I will pull for them and other conference teams in the bowl games. But I will never root for this team to lose for whatever reason. If Sparty or any BiG team is truly deserving then go ahead and prove it

Yeah I can't get on board with that line of thinking. If Sparty beats us I will pull for them and other conference teams in the bowl games. But I will never root for this team to lose for whatever reason. If Sparty or any BiG team is truly deserving then go ahead and prove it

I didn't figure there would be many on board with this line of thinking. It's ok, it's a discussion board so I'm just stating my point of view. I'll admit if the Huskers were 6-3 and on the upswing in the last few weeks, and winning this week would send the message that things are on the turnaround But, my feeling is a loss Saturday is just "ho-hum, another one" and win will be "where was that when we needed it?" type of feeling. I guess it's just tough to get excited for these last three games as we slog toward the finish line. Kind of an unusual feeling as a Husker fan.

Vegas and the CFP Committee aren't trying to do anything other than their jobs. It's pretty delusional to think either of these entities is trying to motivate MSU and/or Nebraska in any direction. Neither gives a damn about either team, as it should be. And Vegas isn't some entity with an agenda, it is simply the result of an initial line makers best guess at where the money will lay evenly on both teams and subsequent betting action adjusting that thought. I'm not too worried about the CFP committee, they have plenty of time to get their job done right before the end of the season. But I don't have a clue what the Vegas line makers could be thinking. If I still gambled on football, which I haven't in years, this would be a game I would consider putting mucho dinero on MSU at -4.5 or so. But Nebraska is just inconsistent enough and MSU unimpressive enough to make anything possible.

My comment about Vegas or the Selection Committee stirring up Michigan St was not meant to be taken literaturally. More that they action would result in Michigan St taking offense can coming to Lincoln with something to prove. I get that tone can be difficult to read, but your point is not enhanced by taking jabs at other posters. Poor form.

I'm sorry you took it that way. That was not my intention at all. I didn't think you meant it literally and I was not responding directly to the OP (you). My response was intended to be general in nature, for those who may have taken it more literally. I have seen plenty of posters on these boards who really don't understand how "Vegas" works and I've also seen plenty of people who seem to think some of these big national entities have it in for Nebraska or other specific schools. So, I guess tone is hard to convey sometimes in these forums.