Sipple: NU Leadership Must Get on Same Page

Mavric

it's no secret Eichorst has limited support among the upper-level administration — in part because he's created a stifling Pederson-esque corporate management structure.

Where's the evidence of this? I thought Eichorst's big thing was "positivity." Maybe Sipple is referring to his pal Pelini- whose negativity was permanently stifled.

I can't answer that but I will say, any manager who assigns Energy Bus book readings is either an idiot or he thinks his reports are.

• Fire 1

it's no secret Eichorst has limited support among the upper-level administration — in part because he's created a stifling Pederson-esque corporate management structure.

Where's the evidence of this? I thought Eichorst's big thing was "positivity." Maybe Sipple is referring to his pal Pelini- whose negativity was permanently stifled.

Do you have evidence that it's not true? Or does only the opposing side have to prove their point?

I've seen this reported by a couple different media guys this week. They would seem to be closer to the situation than most of us.

• Fire 3

Do you have evidence that it's not true? Or does only the opposing side have to prove their point?

I've seen this reported by a couple different media guys this week. They would seem to be closer to the situation than most of us.

I'm going to need a time-stamped video interview with Eichorst holding photo identification.

I'm going to need a time-stamped video interview with Eichorst holding photo identification.

Okay, I'd have to see a video of him singing "Pee On You," two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and Neal taking notes, and R. Kelly's grandma to confirm his identity.

• Fire 2

I'm not the reporter making the claim, did I really have to spell that out for you? I've seen it "reported" a couple times also, every time by Sipple.

• Fire 1

I can't answer that but I will say, any manager who assigns Energy Bus book readings is either an idiot or he thinks his reports are.

Any manager who assigns any book is an idiot.

• Fire 1

Thank you for that.

And thanks for starting the thread. It's great to see the truth finally coming out. It's only taken 18 years. lol

Yes, thank you for partisan rhetoric in place of an answer to a legitimate question. Seems legit.

So, why doesn't it go one step further. Let's just get rid of all the Regents as well. The band aid needs to be ripped off clean and thru.

I almost feel a little jealous of Penn State. They certainly had their band aid ripped off. And got to have a fresh start through it all. It's unfortunate how it all went down, but at least it happened, and they can move on. And they are rebuilding that entire program, and they will be back soon, very soon.

Texas is going through the same thing we are. The folks that have a death grip on the past will not let go, and let the program move into the 21st century. The people that are trying to bring it into the 21st century are beaten mercilessly until they finally give up.

And here we are.

And this comment drives me nuts.

because he's created a stifling Pederson-esque corporate management structure.

That's because it's a multi million dollar corporation. How in the utter hell are they supposed to manage it????!?!??!?!?

You can't effectively manage a multi million dollar corporation using the good ole boy network. Ask Enron how that turned out. (or ask Penn state how that worked out)

Wow. Please don't talk about things that are obviously out of your depth. It was actually complex corporate manipulations and structures that led to the Enron meltdown.

As for Penn State, funny that you'd envy them. They have a car salesman for a coach, and they've been anything but impressive this year, losing to Temple, getting blown out by OSU at home and struggling with the likes of Army, Buffalo and Maryland. Of course they crushed Illinois, so I guess there is some cause for NU fans to be envious.

• Fire 3

The thing I don't understand is, once an HC and his staff are hired and in place, what difference does it make if there is political maneuvering in the Admin above the HC's head? It doesn't affect the X's and O's. It doesn't affect recruiting. So long as the Admin keeps the facilities up and voices their support for the HC (to aid in recruiting), I don't see how their actions would affect the performance of the team.

I guess I'm just asking why squabbling among the regents, AD and chancellor would affect wins and losses? Now, if Sip is suggesting that the hiring of a new HC last December should have been a team effort with approval from the top down the AD, then that's a different matter. :dunno:

I have been screaming at the top of my lungs for the last 10 years about this exact thing.

Finally... someone else is telling the truth.

H Perlman needs to be stripped of ALL FOOTBALL related responsibility as of right now... today... this minute.

Everyone listed above needs to be fired including the board... they have stood by and watched this unfold and done NOTHING ! They can not now be allowed to pretend they can fix this. They can't, they are just as much the problem as the rest.

These bozo's have SQUANDERED THE FRANCHISE.

The Board of Regents don't typically hire/fire AD's and coaches. They have a history of doing nothing, really -- However, their input is crucial when times get tough. Kent Schroeder who is currently vice chairman and is one of the senior regents is outspoken on coaching decisions. He's very passive about it. His record speaks for itself. When Solich was fired, these guys got behind Pederson and when Callahan was hired, they all bought in. They did the same thing with Bo's termination and the hire of Mike Riley. There are other regents who are more in tune with the football program. We've got large donors who have donated to the program for years now, alumni who have become successful people. They donated when Callahan was here (and Bo,) they've experienced this before and when enough donors say, "I don't know, it's hard for you to sell Mike Riley to me in order for me to fund the program," then there's going to be some problems. When fan angst is at an all-time high like this and donors start to drop like flies, that's when its serious and its starting to happen otherwise Riley, Eichorst, and Perlman would not be providing all these statements of support.

Really, all they are doing is showing how weak they truly are and neither of them want to be held accountable which Eichorst stated during last year's announcement firing Bo that all would be held accountable. This was a typical lie by a lawyer who is so out of touch with Nebraska football and its fan base. I do think a lot of people are torn by this. They, like many of us, want to see the football program excel. Boosters and regents were torn about Bill Callahan but that wasn't until the losses in 2007 started to amount and it really didn't get serious until the Oklahoma State beat down on homecoming. It bothers me when regents are outspoken against Nebraska fans in general and say things like we don't know what it's like to run a football program, we don't give anything back to the university is BS. I've been to numerous games, I've given money. Our sellout streak is a testament to that for all fans. There seems to be a divide in the administration. The board, all we can really do is hope that they make the right decisions.

We haven't heard much from former players, The Letterman's Club and others. There will be more on the way, from what I have heard. A lot of people continue to be silent and I think a lot of people will remain mum on this situation because they've been here before. It's not just the fans that care, alumni care, former players care, and these are people that give money to UNL. When the football team displays a poor product on the field, its tough to get anyone on the same page financially. I agree with you, Perlman needs to keep his distance.

• Fire 1

The Board of Regents don't typically hire/fire AD's and coaches. They have a history of doing nothing, really -- However, their input is crucial when times get tough. Kent Schroeder who is currently vice chairman and is one of the senior regents is outspoken on coaching decisions. He's very passive about it. His record speaks for itself. When Solich was fired, these guys got behind Pederson and when Callahan was hired, they all bought in. They did the same thing with Bo's termination and the hire of Mike Riley. There are other regents who are more in tune with the football program. We've got large donors who have donated to the program for years now, alumni who have become successful people. They donated when Callahan was here (and Bo,) they've experienced this before and when enough donors say, "I don't know, it's hard for you to sell Mike Riley to me in order for me to fund the program," then there's going to be some problems. When fan angst is at an all-time high like this and donors start to drop like flies, that's when its serious and its starting to happen otherwise Riley, Eichorst, and Perlman would not be providing all these statements of support.

Really, all they are doing is showing how weak they truly are and neither of them want to be held accountable which Eichorst stated during last year's announcement firing Bo that all would be held accountable. This was a typical lie by a lawyer who is so out of touch with Nebraska football and its fan base. I do think a lot of people are torn by this. They, like many of us, want to see the football program excel. Boosters and regents were torn about Bill Callahan but that wasn't until the losses in 2007 started to amount and it really didn't get serious until the Oklahoma State beat down on homecoming. It bothers me when regents are outspoken against Nebraska fans in general and say things like we don't know what it's like to run a football program, we don't give anything back to the university is BS. I've been to numerous games, I've given money. Our sellout streak is a testament to that for all fans. There seems to be a divide in the administration. The board, all we can really do is hope that they make the right decisions.

We haven't heard much from former players, The Letterman's Club and others. There will be more on the way, from what I have heard. A lot of people continue to be silent and I think a lot of people will remain mum on this situation because they've been here before. It's not just the fans that care, alumni care, former players care, and these are people that give money to UNL. When the football team displays a poor product on the field, its tough to get anyone on the same page financially. I agree with you, Perlman needs to keep his distance.

FTW

Thanks for your reply.

I don't mean to get on a soapbox... but anyone who takes the time to write a comment like yours has my respect. You obviously have a history with the program and you obviously are passionate about the program.

Discussion and debate are critically important in all endeavors. History shows that when discussion and debate stops the endeavor crumbles to the ground... whether it's a nation or a football program. When people start telling others to shut up or stop talking they are in fact doing great harm to the program. When people start making decisions without discussion we end up with what we have now. Discussion and debate are HEALTHY and vitally important to success.

Thanks again.