O-Line

I was on a flight and didn't get to watch the game. From the participation reports, it looks like changes were made to the O-Line. With 179 yards rushing against a good defense, and an average of 5 yards per carry, it appears the O-Line did well. Were there significant changes in the starters? Were there substitutions? I can't find any comments from the coaches.

I was on a flight and didn't get to watch the game. From the participation reports, it looks like changes were made to the O-Line. With 179 yards rushing against a good defense, and an average of 5 yards per carry, it appears the O-Line did well. Were there significant changes in the starters? Were there substitutions? I can't find any comments from the coaches.

The played great overall. Had some troubles in the first half with pass protection but the run blocking was spot on most of the night. When MSU lost Heath that seemed to really make a difference on their pass rush. They still could apply pressure sporadically but it was not as frequent or intense.

The rushing yards also came from Cross running decisively. He hit the holes fast and did not go down to first contact. He absolutely should be the feature back in the offense to close out the year

No question that was the best performance by the O-line this year. Don't know if it was the lineup changes or the attitude, but give them some credit for yesterday.

(still baffled why Immani didn't get a couple of calls from the 5 yard line late........instead of going to the air...........??)

The O line played great. Creating more holes then Stevie Wonder's dart board. I hope this is a sign to good things to come. Did anyone see the "love" push Lewis gave his line coach after those bad offensive calls down inside the 5? It was only visible to those at the game I assume. He seemed pretty upset with the pass plays we called vs punching the bowl in... not to sure I would like to have some punk yell and push me as their position coach.

I have been hard on the guards and center all season. They have been brutally bad most of the year. But I easily will give them props for their play last night. Going against the best front seven and especially the interior of the MSU line, they easily played their best game. And the job the tackles did on Calhoun and Thomas was.very good as well.

The O line played great. Creating more holes then Stevie Wonder's dart board. I hope this is a sign to good things to come. Did anyone see the "love" push Lewis gave his line coach after those bad offensive calls down inside the 5? It was only visible to those at the game I assume. He seemed pretty upset with the pass plays we called vs punching the bowl in... not to sure I would like to have some punk yell and push me as their position coach.

someone plese find some video. I have always believed that a good OL would prefer to run the ball.

This was Michigan State's D-line...not the Ladies Auxillary, our guys proved something last night.Like OD said, Imani hit the holes hard and had five yards before they knew what happened. They all played a big part in keeping MSU from pinning their ears back and going after Tommy.

I am not sure what the play calls were, but have always had a soft spot in my hart for the quick hitting run plays.

• Fire 1

Gates was back at tackle and Sterup moved to guard. Sterup was blowing Mich St. off the line. Great move, wish he had another year.

Noticed he looked better at the position than Kondolo. Utter still getting blown up though. Really would like to know what goes into Cavanaugh's decision process or if there is one.

Gates was back at tackle and Sterup moved to guard. Sterup was blowing Mich St. off the line. Great move, wish he had another year.

Noticed he looked better at the position than Kondolo. Utter still getting blown up though. Really would like to know what goes into Cavanaugh's decision process or if there is one.

I wonder if it's a knowledge vs. physical capability sort of thing, and Utter demonstrates the knowledge, but the kids behind him, while physically better, still don't know their assignments yet. That's the only reason I can think of as to why they'd keep Utter in.

And Sterup was a beast. Glad to see him step up last night.