University of Misery

So it's OK to minimize this situation because:

There is racism everywhere

This is a fringe group

The words "white privilege" were used

Someone was made fun of at every university

Michael Sam said he didn't get discriminated against

Does that cover it, or are there other reasons this should be scoffed at?

This is a fringe group

Judging from the video, it appears as though First Amendment rights are being scoffed at for the sake of "humanity!!!1!1!". Additionally, mob intimidation tactics, assault, and abject waste of state resources are definitely in play here.

• Fire 1

Provide a reasonable solution.

2 people, might be university-affiliated, might not be, yell random racist stuff at Blacks on campus and someone with a mental disorder or scatological fetish draws an offensive sign.

I don't understand what a reasonable solution is. Make polices that say "no, you can't smear feces on walls" and "no university visitor can say offensive things to (insert population"? Please explain how this is enforced, written, etc.

You know what ISN'T reasonable? To disregard First Amendment rights, engage in mob intimidation and assault in response to these incidents (why did you fail to mention these in your reply?)

This is a fringe group

HR matters and cases of discrimination come up at every university, every corporation, and other organizations. I have personally dealt with such claims at my company, and nobody is dismissing that racial slurs were likely made by someone at some point in time. You seem to miss the point that this is Progressivism 101, and it's become a textbook political play by the left.

Do you agree with the demands that the leftist protesters made of the President, or do you want to continue to dismiss that? From an anecdotal perspective, I have spoken with 3 other members of management at my employer who currently have children at Mizzou, and none of them have seen or felt racial tensions on campus. One is in a fraternity there with many black students, and the responses that came back from all 3 of my coworkers children is that they feel they are being used to score political points, and one commented that even his black friends think the whole protest and drama is over the top.

Provide a reasonable solution.

2 people, might be university-affiliated, might not be, yell random racist stuff at Blacks on campus and someone with a mental disorder or scatological fetish draws an offensive sign.

I don't understand what a reasonable solution is. Make polices that say "no, you can't smear feces on walls" and "no university visitor can say offensive things to (insert population"? Please explain how this is enforced, written, etc.

You know what ISN'T reasonable? To disregard First Amendment rights, engage in mob intimidation and assault in response to these incidents (why did you fail to mention these in your reply?)

Well said Creighton. The Progressives have had many victories in recent years and will continue to push the envelope to force their ways and power on the majority of society that do not agree with them. As I stated earlier. this same thing is happening about 90 miles from me here in Illinois where a transgender student aligned with the ACLU to take on an entire school district over the fact that the district would now allow the now female student (who still has male parts) to shower and change openly in the girls locker room. Many of the girls and their families did not feel comfortable, and the school district bent over backwards to accommodate this transgender student, yet it wasn't enough, and the ACLU is now working with the Feds to force the school to comply or they will lose their federal funding.

HR matters and cases of discrimination come up at every university, every corporation, and other organizations. I have personally dealt with such claims at my company, and nobody is dismissing that racial slurs were likely made by someone at some point in time. You seem to miss the point that this is Progressivism 101, and it's become a textbook political play by the left.

Do you agree with the demands that the leftist protesters made of the President, or do you want to continue to dismiss that? From an anecdotal perspective, I have spoken with 3 other members of management at my employer who currently have children at Mizzou, and none of them have seen or felt racial tensions on campus. One is in a fraternity there with many black students, and the responses that came back from all 3 of my coworkers children is that they feel they are being used to score political points, and one commented that even his black friends think the whole protest and drama is over the top.

Why are you so much more outraged by the protesters than by the racists? Your focus this whole thread has been on those decrying racism, picking apart their tactics, griping about their methods.

Don't you think blatant racism is a bigger fish than some students being a little overzealous in their methods?

"It happens everywhere" isn't a defense for that mindset. Your farcical anecdotes aren't a defense. Your focus on "the Left" blinds you to what's actually moral and decent.

So you don't have reasonable solutions to the issues that you've presented or comments on the ones that I've suggested?

Additionally, it is possible to, and I feel that it is entirely justified, to protest in a manner that does not involve violating others' rights nor engages in criminal behavior (intimidation and assault).

Racism is excused, drawing swastikas to intimidate is excused, but protesting those things - nope, that's "unreasonable."

LOL

Nobody is condoning racism knapplc....you are jumping to extremes, and i'm sure there are a few bad apples at Mizzou as well as every college campus. At the liberal arts university I attended, I saw a very atheist anti-Christian sentiment among 75% of the faculty, and these are the educators of the students, and this is not unique to just my college. Most in academia at the collegiate level are very progressive and push their beliefs onto the students. So if a band of students felt that certain professors were not friendly to Christian students, should a protest group on the right be able to use the school's football program to force out all of those professors?

Why are you so much more outraged by the protesters than by the racists? Your focus this whole thread has been on those decrying racism, picking apart their tactics, griping about their methods.

Don't you think blatant racism is a bigger fish than some students being a little overzealous in their methods?

"It happens everywhere" isn't a defense for that mindset. Your farcical anecdotes aren't a defense. Your focus on "the Left" blinds you to what's actually moral and decent.

Who are these "the racists"? Random guys in a truck? Random guy walking on campus? Unidentified person ( who may need treatment for an existing mental disorder) in a bathroom?

So the method of "punishing" 5 or 6 unidentified "the racists" is force out a state executive official? I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but this seems neither reasonable nor responsible and is setting an impossible precedent.

And still, the focus is NOT on the racism, but the reaction to the racism.

Again, explain a pro-active solution that will address how to stop random people in trucks from yelling things at people, random people walking on campus from yelling things at people, stopping people with possible mental disorders from wiping feces on walls. I would seriously LOVE if none of these things were occurring.

And still, the focus is NOT on the racism, but the reaction to the racism.

Again, explain a pro-active solution that will address how to stop random people in trucks from yelling things at people, random people walking on campus from yelling things at people, stopping people with possible mental disorders from wiping feces on walls. I would seriously LOVE if none of these things were occurring.

He doesn't have a response to the valid points we are making which is why he keeps making this same statement.