University of Misery

Expecting some guy on a message board to have a comprehensive solution to racism on a major US college campus is absurd. It's moving the goalposts from the actual situation. Whether I have a brilliant solution to this problem that fixes everything and makes everyone happy or have no idea at all is not relevant.

Expecting some guy on a message board to have a comprehensive solution to racism on a major US college campus is absurd. It's moving the goalposts from the actual situation. Whether I have a brilliant solution to this problem that fixes everything and makes everyone happy or have no idea at all is not relevant.

What is the bolded part exactly? There are allegations of two incidents and a situation involving someone with a possible mental disorder. The "reaction" that you seem to think is secondary seems to be the only portion of the "actual situation" that any number of people are actually experiencing.

Where are you getting that this person had a "mental disorder?" Who had a mental disorder? Where was this diagnosed, where was it reported?

I have always written possible mental disorder. Someone who would wipe their own (or someone else's) feces around on a wall like that could have some sort of scatological obsession.

To that note, who were these people in the truck, who was the person walking by the plaza, who is the person in the bathroom?

As someone mentioned above, if racism was such a large issue at Mizzou the most recent homecoming king wouldn't have been black. Especially with blacks only representing 7% of the student population, I just don't understand how a president can definitively rid the school of racism, not like you can background check all those that enroll, or check up on them every 6 months after enrolled. Granted, there might be racism issues at the university, but I see the making mounds out of mole hills serving as a greater obstacle for the university to move forward. I'm not even sure what they're moving forward from, couple jackasses yelling slurs and someone that likes to play with sh#t?

As someone mentioned above, if racism was such a large issue at Mizzou the most recent homecoming king wouldn't have been black. Especially with blacks only representing 7% of the student population, I just don't understand how a president can definitively rid the school of racism, not like you can background check all those that enroll, or check up on them every 6 months after enrolled. Granted, there might be racism issues at the university, but I see the making mounds out of mole hills serving as a greater obstacle for the university to move forward. I'm not even sure what they're moving forward from, couple jackasses yelling slurs and someone that likes to play with sh#t?

Well stated 120889...racial issues in this country have gotten worse under Obama, so I guess maybe we should get our military as an extension to the government to walk off their jobs/duties until the President agrees to step down from his position.

"racial issues in this country have gotten worse under Obama"

Is there some objective measure whereby you can show this to be true?

How about a poll from a sketchy newspaper:

The latest Economist/YouGov poll on the issue found that 55 percent believe race relations are worse under Obama, while just 8 percent say relations have improved. LINK

It does seems like racial issues have gotten worse, what with the Ferguson thing and the other issues between police and African Americans.

There is demonstrably racism at Missouri. Look, here's an article from a respected news source saying so: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/11/07/missouri-tigers-football-players-boycott-tim-wolfe-president-resigns/75399504/

Where is the source that says "racial issues in this country have gotten worse under Obama?" Not opinions, facts.

A poll doesn't mean that "racial issues in this country have gotten worse under Obama." A poll is an opinion. Facts would be data that shows it's gotten worse.

"racial issues in this country have gotten worse under Obama"

Is there some objective measure whereby you can show this to be true?

I guess those same objective measures that you are using to claim there is racism at Mizzou. :)

But hey, I did have some data points, and since you asked, here you go.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1687/race-relations.aspx

And there are many other polls that shows that race relations have declined under Obama's tenure. So, back to my question, if that's the case, should our military walk off their job and demand that he resign?

There is demonstrably racism at Missouri. Look, here's an article from a respected news source saying so: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/11/07/missouri-tigers-football-players-boycott-tim-wolfe-president-resigns/75399504/

Where is the source that says "racial issues in this country have gotten worse under Obama?" Not opinions, facts.

A poll doesn't mean that "racial issues in this country have gotten worse under Obama." A poll is an opinion. Facts would be data that shows it's gotten worse.

Wow, you have just disqualified yourself for posting ever again. First you cite a USA Today article that provides no facts of racism, and then you claim that multiple polls which do have data points are not sufficient.