Memorial Stadium - No Place Like It

Mavric

I like the concept. I like the setup with the quote from Darien Harris. It's a video about Memorial Stadium being "the hardest place to play." But then they show a few plays overdubbed with music and the post-game lockerroom.

:dunno

Where are the clips that illustrate the intimidating atmosphere? Where is the crowd noise? This video could have been so much better but whoever put it together lost the thread after coming up with a great idea.

I like the concept. I like the setup with the quote from Darien Harris. It's a video about Memorial Stadium being "the hardest place to play." But then they show a few plays overdubbed with music and the post-game lockerroom.

:dunno

Where are the clips that illustrate the intimidating atmosphere? Where is the crowd noise? This video could have been so much better but whoever put it together lost the thread after coming up with a great idea.

Tend to agree. Like the video and the idea but kept waiting for a part showing the crowd going crazy. Was thinking they'd have Jano's Wiscy run in there at least.

i've never been to a nebraska game or lincoln for that matter. is it a safe city to walk to and from a game? 30 min walk in either direction, etc. i hate dealing with gameday parking, i'd rather walk. i assume it is because walking a bit to and from an lsu game isn't too bad (well, not all areas).

It's absolutely safe around Lincoln. There aren't really any bad areas around Lincoln like there are in Omaha. Your vehicle will be safe in any of the neighborhoods near campus, but you should be able to park somewhere in the downtown area. Greatest college town in the country. Just my humble opinion though.

• Fire 2

i've never been to a nebraska game or lincoln for that matter. is it a safe city to walk to and from a game? 30 min walk in either direction, etc. i hate dealing with gameday parking, i'd rather walk. i assume it is because walking a bit to and from an lsu game isn't too bad (well, not all areas).

Yes it's safe.

• Fire 2

so all those cheap houses east of campus aren't in bad neighborhoods? i don't mind a remodel, but the crime around an area is important. i might buy something next summerish, obviously want to check the town and gameday atmosphere out for a bit first. just wondering. thnx for the replys.

They're working class neighborhoods. A lot of college students live there too. Not really bad neighborhoods. Although there probly is some crime, just like in any working class neighborhood.

• Fire 1

i might buy something next summerish, obviously want to check the town and gameday atmosphere out for a bit first.

You might buy tickets to a Husker game next summer-ish, you mean?

i meant a small house. i'll probably spend a little bit of time in lincoln next summer. check the place out. hopefully i'll be working from home by then so looking for a little something to live in. nothing big, not saying i'd settle there, but always have a place to stay during football season. an alternative to buying a 1br broomcloset diguised as a condo, lol.