Rutgers, What did we learn?

Branno

Tommy's tendency to throw the ball to the other team is going to always limit him and this team.

I wonder what NU's record for interceptions is? He's gotta be coming up on it. :facepalm:

If i remember one of those INT's was definitely his fault. But i thought the other 2 were play calling there at the end of the first half. They knew we were gunna pass and played us really well. When tommy gets flustered he doesn't get his feet set right, and makes questionable decisions, but even then he means well, he's just trying to make a play and keep the Offense rolling.

I think we will see his best ball next year.

I agree, when Tommy starts to lose his poise I wish the coaches would pull him for a few plays and just try to settle him down a bit. You can see when he starts to get a bit wild in the way he is playing and he has been this way now for almost three season. It is like when you need to sit a basketball player at times when they dont seem to be playing sharp.

We learned that we should probably be about 8-3 at the worst, if the coaches had coached the way they did these last two games, in the first nine games. We would not have seen 3-6 with what we have seen the last two weeks from a play-calling standpoint.

BTW, did you see how many points North Carolina dropped on Miami today?

Yes, and realistically 9-2 but the Huskers could easily be 11-0 right now with a few breaks against Miami and a better game plan against the formerly worst team in the B1G.

The D looked a bit improved and Bank-grove did not leave his cornerbacks on an island the whole game which is a plus.

We are able to get some great sacks and pressure on an opponents QB.

We need to learn how to put a game away when its served to us on platter.

Our Veteran QB still makes too many poor decisions.

Coaches finally learned how to eat the clock.

I have to apologize if you have been using this and I haven't seen it before, but this is great. I wish I would have thought of it. You hit the nail right on the head with this nickname!

We learned that we should probably be about 8-3 at the worst, if the coaches had coached the way they did these last two games, in the first nine games. We would not have seen 3-6 with what we have seen the last two weeks from a play-calling standpoint.

BTW, did you see how many points North Carolina dropped on Miami today?

Yes, and realistically 9-2 but the Huskers could easily be 11-0 right now with a few breaks against Miami and a better game plan against the formerly worst team in the B1G.

Better game plan in about all of our games.

Thankfully we've won the last two in spite of poor coaching

Tommy's tendency to throw the ball to the other team is going to always limit him and this team.

I wonder what NU's record for interceptions is? He's gotta be coming up on it. :facepalm:

We've had some bad QBs, so my shot-in-the-dark guess is it's a ways off yet.

Is it possible that TA gets too confident sometimes? Just seems like at times he thinks he can do no wrong and forces some bad throws. Receivers have been helping him out also. :)

This is my impression of him as well. He starts thinking he's Superman in there. Although in fairness to him, I think the wind stalled out that int to Morgon. He was wide open if TA could have gotten it to him.

The TD pass to Westerkamp made me uneasy...very good throw, but was it the right read? Looked like triple coverage?

I thought there were four defenders there. I knew it was going there too. How about that TD pass to Carter- where he ripped the ball away from the safety? That was a questionable throw, but a great catch.

----------------

I learned this year's team can fight to keep some momentum. I liked how they didn't fold when things started going Rutgers way on those interceptions. Defense played well, and even got quite a bit of pressure (6 sacks) that was huge in helping out the coverage.

We've had some bad QBs, so my shot-in-the-dark guess is it's a ways off yet.

Ha ha! Just to be clear, I don't think Tommy is a bad QB. He has a great talent set. But he has a tendency to make bad throws when he's under pressure or the play doesn't go as planned.

• Fire 1