Michigan State

ScottyIce

So after today, if Sparty loses and Mich wins next week, the 3 way tie break goes to Sparty right?

According to the chart above, MSU controls its fate, but if they lose to Penn St, the winner of The Game wins the East.

That makes no sense, seeing us Sparty would've beaten both of them. Crazy big 10

So after today, if Sparty loses and Mich wins next week, the 3 way tie break goes to Sparty right?

According to the chart above, MSU controls its fate, but if they lose to Penn St, the winner of The Game wins the East.

That makes no sense, seeing us Sparty would've beaten both of them. Crazy big 10

Michigan St. would have two conference losses while Michigan/Ohio St. would have 1

Some guys really can't let it go.

@1500ESPN_Reusse: Iowa now 3rd in AP poll. Michigan State 6th. Sparty might be 2 if Big Ten officials were not thoroughly incompetent.

Sparty could also be out of it Michigan's punter had fallen on the bad snap. :-) But I agree the referees (especially the replay booth) have been terrible this year.

@1500ESPN_Reusse: Iowa now 3rd in AP poll. Michigan State 6th. Sparty might be 2 if Big Ten officials were not thoroughly incompetent.

It was a judgement call that could have gone either way. Let it go Sparty.

the best thing about this, is if you watched the whole game one of Sparty's biggest plays came on a pass where their receiver was very similarly forced to the boundary and he came back established himself inbounds and made the catch. Can't remember if the got a td or fg on that drive but it was way more questionable than the one in our game imho.

Not a judgement call.

It was called correct by definition in the 2015 rules manual. I posted the manual excerpt back when it happened. The fact that the officials are getting blasted for this and that it's being called a judgement call is absolutely ridiculous.

The rule states that if the defensive player makes contact with the offensive player, and the OP goes out of bounds due to the contact, then that is NOT a penalty for illegal touching.

I get so frustrated at this penalty flag being thrown even though the DB who is playing the technique he's taught (Squeeze to the sideline) is in contact all the time with the OP.

This penalty should NOT be thrown as much as it is. The officials finally got one right in this situation. (all levels of football)

Not a judgement call.

It was called correct by definition in the 2015 rules manual. I posted the manual excerpt back when it happened. The fact that the officials are getting blasted for this and that it's being called a judgement call is absolutely ridiculous.

The rule states that if the defensive player makes contact with the offensive player, and the OP goes out of bounds due to the contact, then that is NOT a penalty for illegal touching.

I get so frustrated at this penalty flag being thrown even though the DB who is playing the technique he's taught (Squeeze to the sideline) is in contact all the time with the OP.

This penalty should NOT be thrown as much as it is. The officials finally got one right in this situation. (all levels of football)

Great. Then anytime a defensive player touches the receiver, don't call a penalty. The problem is you can't always tell if the actual touch caused the receiver to go out of bounds. That is why I called it a judgement call. This isn't like a false start penalty.