Muslim Extremists

Not to mention, 84HuskerLaw's response is EXACTLY what ISIL wants, and it's what keeps fueling this divide. We make it infinitely easier for them to recruit young Muslims by convincing them that the rest of the world hates them and wants them dead, perpetuating the cycle.

what does ISIS want?
About tree fiddy!
  • Fire 3

Not to mention, 84HuskerLaw's response is EXACTLY what ISIL wants, and it's what keeps fueling this divide. We make it infinitely easier for them to recruit young Muslims by convincing them that the rest of the world hates them and wants them dead, perpetuating the cycle.

what does ISIS want?

I already said that. They want us to respond with fear and anger, dividing our ideology from that of the Muslim world, demonizing Muslims, so that they can swoop in and offer some cunning propaganda to the effect of, "The world hates you, but we accept you completely. Join us", fueling more recruits who turn into soldiers who turn into terrorists who bomb Paris, which makes us fearful for our protection and hate people "like them", ad nauseum.

• Fire 1

what does ISIS want?

I already said that. They want us to respond with fear and anger, dividing our ideology from that of the Muslim world, demonizing Muslims, so that they can swoop in and offer some cunning propaganda to the effect of, "The world hates you, but we accept you completely. Join us", fueling more recruits who turn into soldiers who turn into terrorists who bomb Paris, which makes us fearful for our protection and hate people "like them", ad nauseum.

Where does death to Infidels fit in?

Edit: phone

Where does death to infidels fit in?

It becomes a much more palatable idea to someone who is in desperate need of help, doesn't get any, and instead gets met with hatred and ignorance.

Think of gangs. Every gang member started out as a kid looking to be accepted and have a home/family, like all of us do, but likely grew up without a parent or without both parents, or without a physical home, or surrounded by death and discouragement. The only ones to offer them any sense of purpose or family are the gang that accepts them, brings them in, and calls them brother.

Then that kid believes, "These people love me and the rest of the world doesn't", so they start to listen to what they have to say, and slowly, they go from feeling uncomfortable about smoking dope, to feeling pretty normal about gunning someone down.

• Fire 2

what does ISIS want?

About tree fiddy!

DAMN YOU LOCH NESS MONSTER!

• Fire 1

Somewhat related.

I can't believe people are supporting this man.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is voicing support for creating a mandatory database to track Muslims in the United States following the Paris attacks by Islamic State militants.

LINK

• Fire 1

Where does death to infidels fit in?

It becomes a much more palatable idea to someone who is in desperate need of help, doesn't get any, and instead gets met with hatred and ignorance.

Think of gangs. Every gang member started out as a kid looking to be accepted and have a home/family, like all of us do, but likely grew up without a parent or without both parents, or without a physical home, or surrounded by death and discouragement. The only ones to offer them any sense of purpose or family are the gang that accepts them, brings them in, and calls them brother.

Then that kid believes, "These people love me and the rest of the world doesn't", so they start to listen to what they have to say, and slowly, they go from feeling uncomfortable about smoking dope, to feeling pretty normal about gunning someone down.

So there isn't a gang problem. It's a problem with society. We should not hold them accountable for their crimes as they are the real victim(s). The circumstances of how someone got that point in their life trump the action/act that they may have committed.

We should ignore what gangs are doing because it's not their fault. An oppressive society has put them in position where a life of violence and crime is the only thing that they can do. Should there activities move out of their ghetto, we should stand by and allow it to happen because to address it would too aggressive. The killings, drug dealings, theft and rape of your family, children and friends and community members would become far more acceptable if someone would take the time to walk in their shoes. And by 84Law calling out the community that won't turn in the drive by shooter or take some ownership of the issue, he is showing his true colors as a hate filled racist.

It's all making sense now.

]So there isn't a gang problem. It's a problem with society. We should not hold them accountable for their crimes as they are the real victim(s). The circumstances of how someone got that point in their life trump the action/act that they may have committed.

We should ignore what gangs are doing because it's not their fault. An oppressive society has put them in position where a life of violence and crime is the only thing that they can do. Should there activities move out of their ghetto, we should stand by and allow it to happen because to address it would too aggressive. The killings, drug dealings, theft and rape of your family, children and friends and community members would become far more acceptable if someone would take the time to walk in their shoes. And by 84Law calling out the community that won't turn in the drive by shooter or take some ownership of the issue, he is showing his true colors as a hate filled racist.

It's all making sense now.

No. You completely, entirely, massively and epicly missed the point.

• Fire 1

I already said that. They want us to respond with fear and anger, dividing our ideology from that of the Muslim world, demonizing Muslims, so that they can swoop in and offer some cunning propaganda to the effect of, "The world hates you, but we accept you completely.

No. You completely, entirely, massively and epicly missed the point.

Fair enough.

What is an appropriate response to the recent events?

There are clearly two methodologies on how to handle this right now. One of them is pretty tired and doesn't appear to be working.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/609757/Putin-ISIS-Islamic-State-Syria-Raqqa-troops-soldiers-air-strike-jets-military

Interesting, lengthy reading. I learned a lot:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Selected passage, but all of it is compelling and worthy.

The Islamic State’s ideology exerts powerful sway over a certain subset of the population. Life’s hypocrisies and inconsistencies vanish in its face. Musa Cerantonio and the Salafis I met in London are unstumpable: no question I posed left them stuttering. They lectured me garrulously and, if one accepts their premises, convincingly. To call them un-Islamic appears, to me, to invite them into an argument that they would win. If they had been froth-spewing maniacs, I might be able to predict that their movement would burn out as the psychopaths detonated themselves or became drone-splats, one by one. But these men spoke with an academic precision that put me in mind of a good graduate seminar. I even enjoyed their company, and that frightened me as much as anything else.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

The Islamic States ideology exerts powerful sway over a certain subset of the population. Lifes hypocrisies and inconsistencies vanish in its face. Musa Cerantonio and the Salafis I met in London are unstumpable: no question I posed left them stuttering. They lectured me garrulously and, if one accepts their premises, convincingly. To call them un-Islamic appears, to me, to invite them into an argument that they would win. If they had been froth-spewing maniacs, I might be able to predict that their movement would burn out as the psychopaths detonated themselves or became drone-splats, one by one. But these men spoke with an academic precision that put me in mind of a good graduate seminar. I even enjoyed their company, and that frightened me as much as anything else.

This goes against what the left is saying.

Statements like "these people are not true Muslims" serve no purpose. They say they are Muslim so why do we feel the need to challenge what they believe?

The first thing an organization will do when there is any affiliation with something negative is issue a statement and distance themselves. Obviously, a religion that has a Billion vs a clown not serving a cop at Arby's are vastly different in scope. Given the severity of issues associated with Muslims, is it really that out of line for a large scale denouncement with some action?

Did anyone listen to Tulsi Gabbard this morning on CNN? She is the Representative from Hawaii who is an Iraq War veteran. I actually was pretty dang impressed with her.

She flat out admits she is parting with her party and President on this issue. But, her idea is that it is wrong to try to over throw or support the over throw of the Syrian government. If we do that, it leaves a void for groups like ISIS to take over.

Now, what I would possibly do is go to Assad (along with the rest of the world) and say. OK... your back is against the wall. You are going to be over thrown and killed. You have two options. a) Continue down this path and your life expectancy is short. Or, b) We will support you as long as you make MAJOR changes in how you govern this country as far as civil rights...etc. If you choose B and at some point in time in the future you revert back to your terrible disgusting ways, our support leaves and you will end up right back in this same situation.

• Fire 1

The Islamic States ideology exerts powerful sway over a certain subset of the population. Lifes hypocrisies and inconsistencies vanish in its face. Musa Cerantonio and the Salafis I met in London are unstumpable: no question I posed left them stuttering. They lectured me garrulously and, if one accepts their premises, convincingly. To call them un-Islamic appears, to me, to invite them into an argument that they would win. If they had been froth-spewing maniacs, I might be able to predict that their movement would burn out as the psychopaths detonated themselves or became drone-splats, one by one. But these men spoke with an academic precision that put me in mind of a good graduate seminar. I even enjoyed their company, and that frightened me as much as anything else.

This goes against what the left is saying.

Statements like "these people are not true Muslims" serve no purpose. They say they are Muslim so why do we feel the need to challenge what they believe?

The first thing an organization will do when there is any affiliation with something negative is issue a statement and distance themselves. Obviously, a religion that has a Billion vs a clown not serving a cop at Arby's are vastly different in scope. Given the severity of issues associated with Muslims, is it really that out of line for a large scale denouncement with some action?

You're so wrong is sad.

So....to take Knapp's question....So, Ameer Abdullah is our enemy?

Does the religion have a entity or person, such as a hierarchy or Pope, that would do as you suggest? I don't know much about the religion, but it doesn't seem as business-like as other religions. There have been denouncements by a large number of Muslims, maybe not a centralized organization as you suggest.

• Fire 1