What the Heck!!!

Sometimes that's just part of the coaching transition. We would prefer a more seamless transition like Urban Meyer walking into OSU, but we don't have that kind of talent yet. And Urban didn't have an "us against them" mentality to overcome.

I think we are better than our record implies also, that's probably the biggest reason I think we beat Iowa. Second biggest would be that they beat us in our house the last time they showed up. I don't think the players will let that become a trend.

If Tommy doesn't miss the Purdue game, I think we win that one.

Kinda funny how we're the ones that have to make excuses for our coaching transition. Ohio State's went great......Florida's went great.....Michigan's went great.....

Sometimes that's just part of the coaching transition. We would prefer a more seamless transition like Urban Meyer walking into OSU, but we don't have that kind of talent yet. And Urban didn't have an "us against them" mentality to overcome.

I think we are better than our record implies also, that's probably the biggest reason I think we beat Iowa. Second biggest would be that they beat us in our house the last time they showed up. I don't think the players will let that become a trend.

Kinda funny how we're the ones that have to make excuses for our coaching transition. Ohio State's went great......Florida's went great.....Michigan's went great.....

How about we stop calling anything that doesn't fit our agendas an excuse? How about instead of that, we look for real reasons why we have the record we have?

Still, you've listed 3 transitions that went well. I'm happy for those fans, schools and players. Each of those coaches walked into a different situation than the other two, and certainly different from the one at Nebraska.

We all wanted our transition to go better, but it didn't and as fans we have the choice to bitch and complain or to sit back and look at things objectively and figure out why things are the way they are.

Isn't it weird that their records the year before were similar, and Nebraska seems to be the outlier in the records of both the year before and year of a coaching change?

Derp!

How cool would it be, to see a Big 10 title game, being played by two teams, whose only losses came to Nebraska. ;)

Very cool. But not nearly as cool as sending the seniors out with a win over top-5 undefeated Iowa, or securing a nice bowl invite.

We are going to be lucky to have a bowl invite (even if it is all but guaranteed at this point). But a "nice bowl invite" is not in the cards this year.

If it's all but guaranteed how are we lucky to have a bowl invite? We weren't lucky to win 5 games. We were unlucky to not win 6 or 7 (up to this point).

We are lucky to be in a position to go to a bowl game, because if there aren't enough qualified teams we'd most likely not in at 5-7.

but my beef is with the idea we are going to a good bowl game. It won't be.

I'll take a bowl and the extra 2-3 weeks of practice that goes along with it.

There's nothing wrong with that feeing. But people need to slow down on the koolaid. Whatever bowl we go to will not be a "good bowl"

In my humble opinion there are only 3 "good bowls" anymore. If you're not in the top 4 you won't play in any of them.

That doesn't mean the others won't be fun.

There's nothing wrong with that feeing. But people need to slow down on the koolaid. Whatever bowl we go to will not be a "good bowl"
In my humble opinion there are only 3 "good bowls" anymore. If you're not in the top 4 you won't play in any of them.

This isn't a black and white world. The Capitol One bowl is miles better than the Pinstripe Bowl.

This isn't a black and white world. The Capitol One bowl is miles better than the Pinstripe Bowl.

Any bowl is "better" than none. Better doesn't equal good. I agree with your comparison tho.

Ohio State's loss last night was nothing more than a team being fat, happy, and content. They spent all spring and summer hearing how great they were going to be this year, and how many weapons they had their disposal to light up the scoreboard. That offense sucked all year. Some of their blowout wins weren't blowouts until late in the game. It is not entirely the fault of Tim Beck, though it is funny how once he was hired that offense seemed to go downhill.

Last year, Ohio State played with that chip on their shoulder and played as a team, not a bunch of individuals. You saw Evan Spencer make a key block in the Sugar Bowl, you saw guys selling out for each other.

I realize Elliot was emotional after the game, but declaring for the draft in that fashion, much like Jones speaks to the selfishness of the team. It goes back to the suspensions for the first game, it goes to Barrett getting drunk, and it goes to guys wanting their numbers as much, if not more than the win. I'm as big a Nebraska fan as anyone on this board, but I went to Ohio State as did most members of my family and extended family, so I follow both pretty closely.

Wouldn't it be even better if Nebraska basically wrecked the B1G conference's chances of having an undefeated team at the end of the season? One more to go Friday.

If anyone has a picture of the scoreboard from the Michigan State Nebraska game a couple weeks ago, I would like to use it as my profile pic on facebook, just to get under the skin of my buddies up in Ohio. I asked for the same thing on another thread so we'll see.

You are in luck as I am checking the board from my phone atm and took one. Edit Not sure why it is uploading upside down?

20151107_215930.jpg

A Husker poster is on there giving them good advice and examples of Beck being Beck....

I couldn't help myself. Like I told them, It's like watching a good friend dangle precariously from a ledge. You know that you want to help them, but you can't...and you know eventually, they're going to lose their grip.

When he was hired, I told em to cut ties immediately.

Some guys thought that the greatness of Urban Meyer would cancel out the suck-I-tude of Beck....

Boy, they were wrong. And not only did their board go critical mass, but they actually put a "FIRE TIM BECK" reddit site up...rather quickly.

A Husker poster is on there giving them good advice and examples of Beck being Beck....

I couldn't help myself. Like I told them, It's like watching a good friend dangle precariously from a ledge. You know that you want to help them, but you can't...and you know eventually, they're going to lose their grip.

When he was hired, I told em to cut ties immediately.

Some guys thought that the greatness of Urban Meyer would cancel out the suck-I-tude of Beck....

Boy, they were wrong. And not only did their board go critical mass, but they actually put a "FIRE TIM BECK" reddit site up...rather quickly.

I posted a similar sentiment on Facebook last January 12th for all of my buddies in Ohio. I told them to enjoy the play calling in the NC game with Tom Herman, because they would lose their minds in the 2015 season with Beck even being remotely involved.