What the Heck!!!

It is probably not a coincidence that they (players and fans) have some of the same complaints that we had with Beck's play calling. Going away from what works, getting too cute, TEs being MIA. Although there were warnings from some Nebraska fans, their opinions are probably mostly influenced by their own observations.

Ohio State's loss last night was nothing more than a team being fat, happy, and content. They spent all spring and summer hearing how great they were going to be this year, and how many weapons they had their disposal to light up the scoreboard. That offense sucked all year. Some of their blowout wins weren't blowouts until late in the game. It is not entirely the fault of Tim Beck, though it is funny how once he was hired that offense seemed to go downhill.

Last year, Ohio State played with that chip on their shoulder and played as a team, not a bunch of individuals. You saw Evan Spencer make a key block in the Sugar Bowl, you saw guys selling out for each other.

I realize Elliot was emotional after the game, but declaring for the draft in that fashion, much like Jones speaks to the selfishness of the team. It goes back to the suspensions for the first game, it goes to Barrett getting drunk, and it goes to guys wanting their numbers as much, if not more than the win. I'm as big a Nebraska fan as anyone on this board, but I went to Ohio State as did most members of my family and extended family, so I follow both pretty closely.

Wouldn't it be even better if Nebraska basically wrecked the B1G conference's chances of having an undefeated team at the end of the season? One more to go Friday.

If anyone has a picture of the scoreboard from the Michigan State Nebraska game a couple weeks ago, I would like to use it as my profile pic on facebook, just to get under the skin of my buddies up in Ohio. I asked for the same thing on another thread so we'll see.

You are in luck as I am checking the board from my phone atm and took one. Edit Not sure why it is uploading upside down?

Perfect, thanks so much I have it cropped down and rotated and it is now my FB profile photo for all my buds in Ohio to see. When they ask, I will point out the 320 yards passing that anyone could have figured against the second worst secondary in the B1G. I will also point out to them the 178 yards rushing that pretty much reduced Shalique Calhoun to a whiny little b*tc*. And I will point out how the Huskers had more yards in the final four minutes than Ohio State had in the entire game.

And I will also point out that I spent as much time at that University as most of my friends did in the late '80's and early 90's all the while cheering on the Huskers.

Ohio State's loss last night was nothing more than a team being fat, happy, and content. They spent all spring and summer hearing how great they were going to be this year, and how many weapons they had their disposal to light up the scoreboard. That offense sucked all year. Some of their blowout wins weren't blowouts until late in the game. It is not entirely the fault of Tim Beck, though it is funny how once he was hired that offense seemed to go downhill.

Last year, Ohio State played with that chip on their shoulder and played as a team, not a bunch of individuals. You saw Evan Spencer make a key block in the Sugar Bowl, you saw guys selling out for each other.

I realize Elliot was emotional after the game, but declaring for the draft in that fashion, much like Jones speaks to the selfishness of the team. It goes back to the suspensions for the first game, it goes to Barrett getting drunk, and it goes to guys wanting their numbers as much, if not more than the win. I'm as big a Nebraska fan as anyone on this board, but I went to Ohio State as did most members of my family and extended family, so I follow both pretty closely.

Wouldn't it be even better if Nebraska basically wrecked the B1G conference's chances of having an undefeated team at the end of the season? One more to go Friday.

If anyone has a picture of the scoreboard from the Michigan State Nebraska game a couple weeks ago, I would like to use it as my profile pic on facebook, just to get under the skin of my buddies up in Ohio. I asked for the same thing on another thread so we'll see.

You are in luck as I am checking the board from my phone atm and took one. Edit Not sure why it is uploading upside down?

did you point your fone to the north when you downloaded it?

did you point your fone to the north when you downloaded it?

I don't wven know what you mean.. so I'll go with I did whichever is the one not to do?

A Husker poster is on there giving them good advice and examples of Beck being Beck....

I couldn't help myself. Like I told them, It's like watching a good friend dangle precariously from a ledge. You know that you want to help them, but you can't...and you know eventually, they're going to lose their grip.

When he was hired, I told em to cut ties immediately.

Some guys thought that the greatness of Urban Meyer would cancel out the suck-I-tude of Beck....

Boy, they were wrong. And not only did their board go critical mass, but they actually put a "FIRE TIM BECK" reddit site up...rather quickly.

I posted a similar sentiment on Facebook last January 12th for all of my buddies in Ohio. I told them to enjoy the play calling in the NC game with Tom Herman, because they would lose their minds in the 2015 season with Beck even being remotely involved.

I think we are reaching some clarity on this.

Meyer is now saying that he will be doing more of the play calling the remainder of the season. Of course that means that Beck will be doing less of the play calling, which would indicate that Meyer is not pleased with Becks play calling and would mean that he was probably the coach the players were unhappy with.

The interesting thing is that Meyer is a coaches coach. He seems to take great pride in mentoring his assistants and passing on his wisdom to them. He seems genuinely interested in seeing them succeed in coaching after they leave his program, much like a good parent wants to see his offspring be smart and successful. Maybe he will decide that Beck can be "coached up", or maybe not. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

As always Husker fans remember coaches for their losses, rather than their wins.

I do believe Urban said before the game that their offensive line was going to be tested like never before at any point this season. They didn't rise to the challenge they had before them. I mean 14 points is all they could muster, and it all came on turnovers from Michigan State that gave them a short field.

Granted I don't agree with the lack of carries that Ellliot got, but there are more tools with that offense than just Elliot. Hats off to Spartans for playing a great game.

As always Husker fans remember coaches for their losses, rather than their wins.

I do believe Urban said before the game that their offensive line was going to be tested like never before at any point this season. They didn't rise to the challenge they had before them. I mean 14 points is all they could muster, and it all came on turnovers from Michigan State that gave them a short field.

Granted I don't agree with the lack of carries that Ellliot got, but there are more tools with that offense than just Elliot. Hats off to Spartans for playing a great game.

It's funny how the Huskers ran for 178 and passed for 320 against that defense, with fewer weapons than Ohio State has. Beck is the obvious and easy choice to beat on, but that entire team was coasting on last year's achievements.

And I think, Meyer, more than most coaches, gets a little arrogant in his game plan and play-calling. They all do, how about 30 + passes on a windy day in Champaign Illinois, or 50+ against Purdue? But, for example, Ohio State led Alabama by 7 with 2:00 last year in the Sugar Bowl and Alabama was down to one time-out. Everyone knew Ohio State needed to just run three plays, make them burn the timeout and probably run the clock down under 30 seconds before punting, if necessary. Meyer called for, and admitted it was his call, a play-action deep ball to Devin Smith. It didn't work, it saved a timeout, and Bama got the ball back with about a minute to go instead of 20-25 seconds.

Very true, and even before Beck took over play calling later in the season, tOSU was getting criticism for their play calling. IIRC, Elliott disappeared in the opener against VaTech for awhile as the team started to rely on the passing game more than his abilities. I think I even remember the announcers questioning why he wasn't getting the football.

As I posted above, on tOSU's 1st scoring drive against MSU, Elliott touched the ball 7 times. The result was a touchdown. To then only give him the ball 5 more times is staggering.

I hoped Beck would be successful in his move to tOSU but I'm reading a lot of the same reasons/excuses for failures up there that I remember seeing here.

Very true, and even before Beck took over play calling later in the season, tOSU was getting criticism for their play calling. IIRC, Elliott disappeared in the opener against VaTech for awhile as the team started to rely on the passing game more than his abilities. I think I even remember the announcers questioning why he wasn't getting the football.

As I posted above, on tOSU's 1st scoring drive against MSU, Elliott touched the ball 7 times. The result was a touchdown. To then only give him the ball 5 more times is staggering.

I hoped Beck would be successful in his move to tOSU but I'm reading a lot of the same reasons/excuses for failures up there that I remember seeing here.

Ok, so I finally went to the OSU board and one of the first comments I read was saying that OSU needed to hire a new offensive coordinator.

Much to my surprise... who did he recommend OSU hire ?

Scott Frost

Oh, I just figured it out, Tim Beck!

Beck doesn't call plays

Yes, he does. Both he and Warinner are co-coordinators, but earlier in the season, Beck was elevated to the #1 playcaller there.

These two clowns had one good year (2007) where they went to the Orange Bowl. But it was their defense that got em there.

No he doesn't, beck in the QB coach and a co-coordinator but doesn't call plays

Ok, so I finally went to the OSU board and one of the first comments I read was saying that OSU needed to hire a new offensive coordinator.

Much to my surprise... who did he recommend OSU hire ?

Scott Frost

Not a bad decision if you're looking for an OC. Frost is one of the hottest coordinating names out there. He could get a head coaching opportunity soon if he wants it.