What the Heck!!!

Oftentimes in games players coming off the field giving input into what "they're seeing on the field" dictates what coaches will call.

If Ezekiel was "calling for" their gap running game and seeing that it was working but not getting those plays called into the game, it befuddles the mind that coaches wouldn't work what the players who have to MAKE THE PLAYS called into the game.

Yeah, we been there w Beck

How cool would it be, to see a Big 10 title game, being played by two teams, whose only losses came to Nebraska. ;)

Very cool. But not nearly as cool as sending the seniors out with a win over top-5 undefeated Iowa, or securing a nice bowl invite.

We are going to be lucky to have a bowl invite (even if it is all but guaranteed at this point). But a "nice bowl invite" is not in the cards this year.

How cool would it be, to see a Big 10 title game, being played by two teams, whose only losses came to Nebraska. ;)

Very cool. But not nearly as cool as sending the seniors out with a win over top-5 undefeated Iowa, or securing a nice bowl invite.

We are going to be lucky to have a bowl invite (even if it is all but guaranteed at this point). But a "nice bowl invite" is not in the cards this year.

If it's all but guaranteed how are we lucky to have a bowl invite? We weren't lucky to win 5 games. We were unlucky to not win 6 or 7 (up to this point).

• Fire 1

Haha this could turn out awesomely. NU beating both otherwise undefeated CCG teams. The recruiting conclusion would be quite interesting.

Before we beat sparty, I thought recruiting would be awful. Who would want to come to a 3-9 team with a new staff that had 6 fewer wins than the previous staff. If we beat Iowa, it is all different. The coaches can tout the win streak to end the season after they got their system implemented, and they can say that things will continue to improve as everyone gets more comfortable. Two wins over undefeated, top ten teams should also be a big plus. We just have to punish iowa

We are better than our 5-6 record implies. Absolutely does not excuse losing to BYU, Illinois, Wisconsin and Purdue the way we did. Could have been such a special season had the players bought in before losing in West Laffayette.

Sometimes that's just part of the coaching transition. We would prefer a more seamless transition like Urban Meyer walking into OSU, but we don't have that kind of talent yet. And Urban didn't have an "us against them" mentality to overcome.

I think we are better than our record implies also, that's probably the biggest reason I think we beat Iowa. Second biggest would be that they beat us in our house the last time they showed up. I don't think the players will let that become a trend.

If Tommy doesn't miss the Purdue game, I think we win that one.

Ohio State's loss last night was nothing more than a team being fat, happy, and content. They spent all spring and summer hearing how great they were going to be this year, and how many weapons they had their disposal to light up the scoreboard. That offense sucked all year. Some of their blowout wins weren't blowouts until late in the game. It is not entirely the fault of Tim Beck, though it is funny how once he was hired that offense seemed to go downhill.

Last year, Ohio State played with that chip on their shoulder and played as a team, not a bunch of individuals. You saw Evan Spencer make a key block in the Sugar Bowl, you saw guys selling out for each other.

I realize Elliot was emotional after the game, but declaring for the draft in that fashion, much like Jones speaks to the selfishness of the team. It goes back to the suspensions for the first game, it goes to Barrett getting drunk, and it goes to guys wanting their numbers as much, if not more than the win. I'm as big a Nebraska fan as anyone on this board, but I went to Ohio State as did most members of my family and extended family, so I follow both pretty closely.

Wouldn't it be even better if Nebraska basically wrecked the B1G conference's chances of having an undefeated team at the end of the season? One more to go Friday.

If anyone has a picture of the scoreboard from the Michigan State Nebraska game a couple weeks ago, I would like to use it as my profile pic on facebook, just to get under the skin of my buddies up in Ohio. I asked for the same thing on another thread so we'll see.

I'd say very little of OSU's problems are on Tim Beck. Does anyone really think Urban Meyer doesn't make every important decision at OSU?

"No, I was not content," Meyer told reporters postgame when asked about the play calling. "I call a lot of plays anyway, so finger will be pointed right here. And I have to do better. We didn't -- it was very conservative."

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/page/gamedayfinal112115/ohio-state-buckeyes-fall-apart-losing-michigan-state-spartans-put-college-football-playoff-hopes-jeopardy

I'd say very little of OSU's problems are on Tim Beck. Does anyone really think Urban Meyer doesn't make every important decision at OSU?

"No, I was not content," Meyer told reporters postgame when asked about the play calling. "I call a lot of plays anyway, so finger will be pointed right here. And I have to do better. We didn't -- it was very conservative."

Didn't he do the same thing last year with a different offensive coordinator... and win a national championship ?

Sometimes that's just part of the coaching transition. We would prefer a more seamless transition like Urban Meyer walking into OSU, but we don't have that kind of talent yet. And Urban didn't have an "us against them" mentality to overcome.

I think we are better than our record implies also, that's probably the biggest reason I think we beat Iowa. Second biggest would be that they beat us in our house the last time they showed up. I don't think the players will let that become a trend.

Kinda funny how we're the ones that have to make excuses for our coaching transition. Ohio State's went great......Florida's went great.....Michigan's went great.....

• Fire 1

Kinda funny how we're the ones that have to make excuses for our coaching transition. Ohio State's went great......Florida's went great.....Michigan's went great.....

Michigan's went great with Brady Hoke, too. The first season does not tell the whole story, whether it's great or terrible.

• Fire 2

#talent

• Fire 1